The Student Room Group

Bundesliga

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Spad
Bundesliga is a great league. Over the years it has been a rather tactical, and astute league. However over recent years the German league has had an increase of individual skillful players like Muller, Sancho, Havertz, Gotze et cetera and many more in the early 2010s. It's flourishing into a more exciting league to watch once again.

The league is deffo getting interesting though, outside of Bayern winning the league, still got the top 4 race to get in UCL, the battle for 6th, Wolfsburg lead a chasing pack, but I think Schalke are going to struggle, I see Wagner getting sacked at the end of the season, even before then ngl, I expected Dusseldorf to beat them in my latest round of predictions and I predicted 2-1 as well 👍🏾
Reply 21
Original post by username79940121
The league is deffo getting interesting though, outside of Bayern winning the league, still got the top 4 race to get in UCL, the battle for 6th, Wolfsburg lead a chasing pack, but I think Schalke are going to struggle, I see Wagner getting sacked at the end of the season, even before then ngl, I expected Dusseldorf to beat them in my latest round of predictions and I predicted 2-1 as well 👍🏾

Certainly is more exciting at the top end than most of the 2010s. Leipzig challenging adds a good dynamic, even if German fans don't like the team.

Wagner will be gone soon, he's been very underwhelming.
Away teams have been winning more often then the home teams since the Bundesliga resumed, I saw most of the games, usually with fans the home teams usually win but now we are seeing the complete opposite, having said that Schalke lost to Werder Bremen, Werder will stay up they have decent players in their team
Reply 23
Link doesn’t work for me man
My one and only team since 2004: SV Werder Bremen!

It is a bad feeling that Werder is short before relegation in 2nd Bundesliga. When I remember the past, I can put all the years up to the presence in this poem (@the bear maybe you like it, although you are not interest in football?):

We had joy we had fun,
we had seasons in rain and sun,
we have climbed and fall the tables,
I wonder how we got along.
Everytime when I was down,
a miracle came around,
and we came back to the ground.

Goodbye football it is hard to accept,
when the relegation is singing in the sky.
We have climbed the league,
learned the passion of great moments.
Think of me in 2nd Bundesliga
and I will be there.

We had joy we had fun,
but the success and the victories
like the seasons have all gone.

The lyrics are modified from seasons in the sun by Terry Jacks a little bit. :wink: But it matches the mood.
Original post by Kallisto

It is a bad feeling that Werder is short before relegation in 2nd Bundesliga. When I remember the past, I can put all the years up to the presence in this poem (@the bear maybe you like it, although you are not interest in football?):

We had joy we had fun,
a miracle came around,

and I will be there.

We had joy we had fun,

The lyrics are modified from seasons in the sun by Terry Jacks a little bit. :wink: But it matches the mood.

wunderbar !!

:adore:

back of the net Sire !!

adasitmane.png

We had joy we had fun,
a miracle came around,

and I will be there.

We had joy we had fun,

How did they become your team?
Original post by ChrisW99
How did they become your team?

Different reasons:

- Seasons in which Bremen missed qualification for Champions League and thus big money.

- Seasons in which Bremen did not qualify for European competitions at all.

- Important players who retired and world class players who moved to big teams one after another.

- Did not get decent players when our best were moving.

- Last but not least: The extention of the stadium cost a lot of money. As Bremen did not qualify for UCL or Europa League, the money had to invest in stadium instead of good players.

Did I answer your question decently?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 29
Dear FC Bayern Munich,
Please accept my heartiest congratulations on your 8th successive Bundesliga title.
You recovered so well from a torrid start to the season and got a ton of points in the second half, and the pandemic did not affect you too much into this excellent season. Winning 8 in a row is very difficult, so I am proud of you for this achievement.
Once again, my sincere congratulations on your triumph. Wishing you the best of luck next season.
Original post by 8013
Dear FC Bayern Munich,
Please accept my heartiest congratulations on your 8th successive Bundesliga title.
You recovered so well from a torrid start to the season and got a ton of points in the second half, and the pandemic did not affect you too much into this excellent season. Winning 8 in a row is very difficult, so I am proud of you for this achievement.
Once again, my sincere congratulations on your triumph. Wishing you the best of luck next season.

Not so difficult as you think: Bayern gets the major part of the money from TV revenues, while small teams like Paderborn, Mainz, Düsseldorf, etc. get just a tiny part from those. With the revenues by sponsoring (Qatar airways, audi) and the UCL, Bayern is an overpowered team with excellent players for two or even three squads, while another teams (Bremen!) don't even have one decent squad to be good enough for Bundesliga. The consequence: There are 14 teams of 18 Bayern will get 6 points against them. A piece of cake. They take always an advantage, even in Corona.

What the Bundesliga needs are balanced teams from the top down to the bottom of the table. A redistribution of TV revenues to smaller teams would be helpful to be at least a bit competitive. The gap is just too huge.
Reply 31
Not so difficult as you think: Bayern gets the major part of the money from TV revenues, while small teams like Paderborn, Mainz, Düsseldorf, etc. get just a tiny part from those. With the revenues by sponsoring (Qatar airways, audi) and the UCL, Bayern is an overpowered team with excellent players for two or even three squads, while another teams (Bremen!) don't even have one decent squad to be good enough for Bundesliga. The consequence: There are 14 teams of 18 Bayern will get 6 points against them. A piece of cake. They take always an advantage, even in Corona.

What the Bundesliga needs are balanced teams from the top down to the bottom of the table. A redistribution of TV revenues to smaller teams would be helpful to be at least a bit competitive. The gap is just too huge.

Bayern always find a way to win the league.

We had joy we had fun,
a miracle came around,

and I will be there.

We had joy we had fun,

Dusseldorf and Mainz are still catchable don't lose hope man
Original post by 8013
Bayern always find a way to win the league.

Dieter Flick has only dropped points in 3 Bundesliga games out of how many he has taken charge of since November and also have Bayern even dropped points in 2020?
Thanks for Munchengladbach for ruining my super 6 completely now
Original post by Hellevator
Thanks for Munchengladbach for ruining my super 6 completely now

Didnt the keeper basically gift Zirkzee a free goal?
Reply 36
Dear FC Bayern Munich,
Please accept my heartiest congratulations on your 6th Champions League, and your second treble.
You managed an unprecedented feat by any team by winning all of the games in the competition. No one in Europe can topple you this season, bar RB Leipzig who managed a draw. This is an incredible achievement, and it shows that you are the best team in Europe by a country mile.
Original post by 8013
Dear FC Bayern Munich,
Please accept my heartiest congratulations on your 6th Champions League, and your second treble.
You managed an unprecedented feat by any team by winning all of the games in the competition. No one in Europe can topple you this season, bar RB Leipzig who managed a draw. This is an incredible achievement, and it shows that you are the best team in Europe by a country mile.

Good speech! Although Bayern is one of the teams I hate, I respect the performance and appreciate what the players had done. Honour for a team that deserves that!
Reply 38
Augsburg 2-0 Dortmund, Leverkusen 1-1 RB Leipzig, Gladbach 1-1 Union

The 2020/21 Bundesliga champion is: BAYERN MUNICH!
Original post by 8013
Augsburg 2-0 Dortmund, Leverkusen 1-1 RB Leipzig, Gladbach 1-1 Union

The 2020/21 Bundesliga champion is: BAYERN MUNICH!

News flash: Bayern lost 4-1 against Hoffenheim! nothing is decided in the league. But sooner or later it will, for Bayern at that again! same procedure as in every season...

Quick Reply

Latest