The Student Room Group

Why don't some people get to have sex?

You see some people who reach 30,40, etc who are still virgins despite putting themselves out there, in a stable job and are reasonable looking.

Just wondering (as someone who sees himself going down this path) why there are some people who just don't get to have sex?

Its strange because I've heard of even people with strict families, etc saving themselves for marriage who eventually lost their virginity at a normal age and got a normal dose of sexual experience.

For these people, they might try all the advice given to them but finds it doesn't really end up working for them.
Original post by Anonymous
You see some people who reach 30,40, etc who are still virgins despite putting themselves out there, in a stable job and are reasonable looking.

Just wondering (as someone who sees himself going down this path) why there are some people who just don't get to have sex?

Its strange because I've heard of even people with strict families, etc saving themselves for marriage who eventually lost their virginity at a normal age and got a normal dose of sexual experience.

For these people, they might try all the advice given to them but finds it doesn't really end up working for them.

'get to have sex' oh boy
Reply 2
I don’t know a single person past 30 who is a virgin. Not even my uncle is a virgin and he was extremely quiet and an indoors type of guy. Many incels choose not to pursue sex simply because they refuse to lower their standards. There’s many men and women out there for everyone but a lot of people just don’t want to lower their standards
Reply 3
Original post by anon2.718
'get to have sex' oh boy

I phrased it like that cos that's what people by that age would probably think

Nobody is entitled to have sex.
strong.
Reply 6
Yeah a few don't care really

Is this some incel narrative?

Its usually just people who dont know how to act normally tbh. Theyre usually a bit (over used word) cringe. Might say stuff that comes off weird and a bit uncomfortable even though they're usually genuine and nice people. I think thats why some people resort to an 'incel mentality' since its hard to be self aware about these kinds of things.
Reply 9
I phrased it like that cos that's what people by that age would probably think

No it isn't
Its usually just people who dont know how to act normally tbh. Theyre usually a bit (over used word) cringe. Might say stuff that comes off weird and a bit uncomfortable even though they're usually genuine and nice people. I think thats why some people resort to an 'incel mentality' since its hard to be self aware about these kinds of things.

Yeah but a lot of those people might have autism or something beyond their control, rather than just being unnecessarily awkward. Think its sad they get written off because they don't sound/act/look like everyone else around them
They just fail to meet someone they have that type of connection with.
dude people on benefits street get laid all the time. and they are not exactly successful nor attractive.
Just start hanging out in bars in places where the women are known to be promiscuous
dude people on benefits street get laid all the time. and they are not exactly successful nor attractive.

Probably but they have social skills majority of the time

You are talking generalities.

Give me a specific person that has never had sex and I will tell you why they've never had sex.
That is, I will tell you why if I know them well enough or know enough relevant information about them.

As for you going down the no sex path:
Sex is an important part of our adult lives.
I'd rate sex and relationships, boyfriends and girlfriends, husbands, wives as the 2nd most or joint 2nd most important part of our adult lives after Health and Safety.
This aspect of our lives is not something that we get taught how to master at school.
Most parents don't help their children with this area either.

Most people just bumble along and use trial and error when it comes to getting and keeping a boyfriend or girlfriend.
There are books and online content, such as Youtube videos from people that know what they're talking about can give you the theory. Which can help a lot. But then you've got to go out there and try doing what you've been advised to do.
Original post by DrawTheLine
Nobody is entitled to have sex.

You really want to open that Pandora's box?

Latest

Trending

Trending