The Student Room Group

Mental health feels dreadful right now

Hey. So ever since lockdown started, it just feels like everything is a mess. I'm still working, keeping in touch with my friends and family. I should be happy, everything could be a lot worse.

Just as lockdown started, I came off of my anti-depressants and now, everything feels like a personal failure. I'm crying every time I'm alone, anxious about life wasting away and every conversation I'm having, I'm doubting how I've come across. If I'm not being productive enough, it's driving me insane.

Sounds dramatic and it probably is, but I really can't cope like this much longer.
Reply 1
Have you been to speak to whoever is treating you?
Original post by Anonymous
Hey. So ever since lockdown started, it just feels like everything is a mess. I'm still working, keeping in touch with my friends and family. I should be happy, everything could be a lot worse.

Just as lockdown started, I came off of my anti-depressants and now, everything feels like a personal failure. I'm crying every time I'm alone, anxious about life wasting away and every conversation I'm having, I'm doubting how I've come across. If I'm not being productive enough, it's driving me insane.

Sounds dramatic and it probably is, but I really can't cope like this much longer.

Hi there,

It sounds like lockdown s really hard for you right now. There is no right or wrong way to be coping in these unprecedented times.

We hear that you came off your anti depressants, we would recommend talking to your doctor about this if you are feeling depressed again. It sounds like you are struggling with expectations of how and what you should be doing during lockdown. The Mix is a really good service that can support you with your mental health right now.

If you are experiencing thoughts of suicide we would encourage you to reach out to us at HOPELINEUK on 0800 068 4141 or text on 07786209697.

Take care

Jess:h:
Reply 3
Original post by Pathway
Have you been to speak to whoever is treating you?

No, my GP is probably so overwhelmed with everything going on. Besides, I don't want to admit to him that I haven't been able to cope.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
No, my GP is probably so overwhelmed with everything going on. Besides, I don't want to admit to him that I haven't been able to cope.

They are still there to treat patients, COVID-19 related or not. It's OK to admit you're struggling to cope, I know it's difficult to though, but it's worth getting help when you need it, not to leave it to fester.

It doesn't make you a failure to need help or to not recover asap, it just means you're human, and humans struggle sometimes. Perfectly normal, especially given the current circumstances. Even without the current circumstances, still normal.

Should you need/want to talk, please don't hesitate to drop me a message or quote me. You don't have to suffer alone.

Quick Reply

Latest