The Student Room Group

I just set up a fish tank; AMA

I was bored, decided my fish deserve a bigger tank, and bought a 10 gallon fish tank off Amazon. I set the tank up and just moved my fish in, AMA.

Scroll to see replies

are the fish vibing harder
Awwww can we have pictures? :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by HoldThisL
are the fish vibing harder

No, the one keeps flaring at the other one. Basically hes trying to beat the other up 🤦
Original post by LovelyMrFox
I was bored, decided my fish deserve a bigger tank, and bought a 10 gallon fish tank off Amazon. I set the tank up and just moved my fish in, AMA.

What types have you got?
Have you ever considered going on Shark Tank?
Reply 6
Original post by CoolCavy
Awwww can we have pictures? :biggrin:

Of course! I still need some stuff to come in, so its basically just a big tank, a filter, a divider, and some rocks.
Ill post a picture when the tank actually looks presentable :lol:
Reply 7
Original post by Muttley79
What types have you got?

One galaxy kio betta and a halfmoon betta ( there is a divider in the middle :biggrin: ).
Hopefully when lockdown ends I can go to the petshop and get some snails, or maybe a pleco.
Reply 8
Original post by AM.TSR
Have you ever considered going on Shark Tank?

No, I dont have a creative business idea :lol:
I just looked up those fish types and the galaxy one looks so flamboyant, I bet it's a right diva :groovy: What are their names?
One galaxy kio betta and a halfmoon betta ( there is a divider in the middle :biggrin: ).
Hopefully when lockdown ends I can go to the petshop and get some snails, or maybe a pleco.

What colour are they? Would they fight if they were together?
Reply 11
Original post by Matrix123
I just looked up those fish types and the galaxy one looks so flamboyant, I bet it's a right diva :groovy: What are their names?

They're my favorite type of bettas. I luckily found a breeder and was able to buy one from him :biggrin:
The Galaxy koi is Galakoi ( I know, I know, such a creative name ) and the halfmoon is Tsunami.
Reply 12
Ouuuu, can we see pics of them pls x
Reply 13
Original post by Muttley79
What colour are they? Would they fight if they were together?

The halfmoon is a pearl white with some pink around the edges, and the galaxy koi is kind of hard to explain. Its like their tie dye of blue, red, white and black scales.
Bettas are also called Siamese Fighting Fish, so I think you can make your own assumptions :lol:
Will it accommodate a sunfish?
They're my favorite type of bettas. I luckily found a breeder and was able to buy one from him :biggrin:
The Galaxy koi is Galakoi ( I know, I know, such a creative name ) and the halfmoon is Tsunami.

Ooh that's lucky! Galakoi sounds like skme kind of heroic gladiator :tongue: I think it's a cool name :u: Tsunami is such a nice name, is rhe halfmoon one of those ones with the slight blue accent to them? If Tsunami is then oh my gaaaaaaaad, that is amazing!!!
Reply 16
Original post by Kitten in boots
Will it accommodate a sunfish?

That seems like an overall bad idea :lol:
Reply 17
Original post by Matrix123
Ooh that's lucky! Galakoi sounds like skme kind of heroic gladiator :tongue: I think it's a cool name :u: Tsunami is such a nice name, is rhe halfmoon one of those ones with the slight blue accent to them? If Tsunami is then oh my gaaaaaaaad, that is amazing!!!

It does, right?! That was my intentions!
The halfmoons are just the kind of fish, not the colour. Tsunami does have a slight blue accent though :tongue:
Reply 18
Original post by NA_03
Ouuuu, can we see pics of them pls x

Of course!
I really hope the photos work this time, because Ive had problems with files lately on TSR :redface:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply 19
Of course!
I really hope the photos work this time, because Ive had problems with files lately on TSR :redface:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Omdss they are beautiful😍! I love the colours of the galaxy koi💧. The halfmoon is stunnin, I hope he heals😢🙏🏼.

Quick Reply

Latest