The Student Room Group

Choosing between Loughborough and Lancaster For MBA

I have a hard time choosing between Loughboroughs MBA with internship and Lancaster MBA. The both have very rich course contents. Is any slightly better in terms of career prospects. Someone advised Loughborough is better economically and has a lot of industries and establishments so I can quickly get internships. And aside career prospects, are there other things that should make me pick one over the other. Someone should assist please.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Richardoseji
I have a hard time choosing between Loughboroughs MBA with internship and Lancaster MBA. The both have very rich course contents. Is any slightly better in terms of career prospects. Someone advised Loughborough is better economically and has a lot of industries and establishments so I can quickly get internships. And aside career prospects, are there other things that should make me pick one over the other. Someone should assist please.

Hi @Richardoseji,

I'm glad to hear you're considering studying an MBA at Lancaster.

The Lancaster MBA offers great careers support for students both during and after the course. This includes practical workshops and coaching. Students also work with companies (both an SME and later a high-profile company) in various “challenges” as part of the course.

Lancaster University, and its MBA, has a strong international reputation. We also have a network of alumni all over the world.

I highly recommend that you email [email protected], as we can answer any questions you may have and may also be able to put you in touch with a current MBA student.

If you have any questions about studying at Lancaster, particularly as a Grad, then let me know.

Charlotte :smile:
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
Original post by Richardoseji

Hi @Richardoseji,

I'm really sorry for the delayed response on this query.

After seeing this, I have sought the below response from the department this morning:
'Thank you for your enquiry and interest in The Loughborough MBA.

Upfront it is important for us to point out that the MBA programme at Loughborough starts in January 2021.

As you have rightly noted, both Loughborough and Lancaster universities have very good MBA programmes. Studying with either of these universities will be a sound career investment.

However, as Programme Director of The Loughborough MBA, I would like to suggest some reasons why you should consider us for your transformational MBA journey.

First, the Loughborough MBA is one of a very small number of MBA programmes that include a one year Internship Pathway; this Internship comes after the initial one-year of MBA study. This is a popular pathway offering significant added value for students who are successful in securing an internship. These internships provide an opportunity to gain relevant working experience in the UK that can further enhance your future employability prospects. We have members of staff in the School who provide both dedicated support for your search for an internship and also guidance and support towards your career post-MBA graduation.

Second, the Loughborough Campus, as one of the largest single-site campus' in the UK is a safe environment for learning and, if you choose, also for living; the campus also offers a huge array of extra-curricular activities that can enrich your time with us.

Third, Loughborough has the advantage of being centrally located. We are 1 hour 20 mins from Central London by train, and an hour from Birmingham.

I hope you will consider coming to Loughborough. Please do contact me directly if you have further questions.
Sincere regards,
DR KEME IFIE
Programme Director for The Loughborough MBA'

I hope this helps and again I can only apologise for the prolonged delay in picking this up.
Best Wishes,
Emily :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending