The Student Room Group

Is it true

Is it true that you can't have sex with someone you don't live with now. How is that going to help people like me who like someone, I can't even meet up with her and give her a hug but now they won't even let me have sex even when we start dating?

Scroll to see replies

well during the pandemic, obviously you can’t because it isn’t social distancing
Original post by lifeatuni
How is that going to help people like me

because it reduces the spread of coronavirus duh

think it through
I mean, you're not supposed to be visiting houses of other people anyway.
Reply 4
It's always been the case during lockdown. It hasn't been introduced 'now', it was a reiteration of the existing rules when announcing some of the restrictions being relaxed.
So when will this rule be relaxed then. Its getting out of hand. we can't wait until there is a vaccine because it looks like there might not even be one
Of course it's true, for now anyway. I think it's only been specified now because people can visit people a little more freely, and it needs pointing out for selfish idiots with no brain.
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Of course it's true, for now anyway. I think it's only been specified now because people can visit people a little more freely, and it needs pointing out for selfish idiots with no brain.

well its a stupid rule. I really wanted to date this girl i like at uni. I can't even see her at the moment and now it looks like even if I could I wouldn't be able to do anything and for what. Its a stupid rule and we need to get back to normal and forget about this stupid lock down
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by studentlad111
well its a stupid rule. I really wanted to date this girl i like at uni. I can't even see her at the moment and now it looks like even if I could I wouldn't be able to do anything and for what, saving nanny and grandad

It's not just 'nanny and grandad'. Someone my partner works with has just died of it, at 56.
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
It's not just 'nanny and grandad'. Someone my partner works with has just died of it, at 56.

Sad but he isn't around now so its not my problem, I bet he wouldn't have lived for more then a couple more years anyway. Like I have said. We can't wait till there is a vaccine because that might never come

So when will this stupid lockdown end, when will we actually do things we want to do because i for one am getting fed up and running out of patience
Reply 10
Yes, unless you somehow find a way to have sex two meters apart :dontknow:
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by LovelyMrFox
Not unless you somehow find a way to have sex two meters apart :dontknow:

So when will this stupid rule and this stupid lockdown end.

We can't wait until there is a vaccine
Reply 12
So when will this stupid rule and this stupid lockdown end.

We can't wait until there is a vaccine

It obviously wont be automatically safe when there is a vaccine. It will take some time.
We dont know when it will end. Might be a month, might be a year. Who knows.
It obviously wont be automatically safe when there is a vaccine. It will take some time.
We dont know when it will end. Might be a month, might be a year. Who knows.

a year, a year of never seeing my friends, a year of not being able to have sex with someone i would want to date and like.

A year is not good enough, this is why we need to stop this crap now. I'm 27 nearly 28, I thought i actually had chance with this girl i like at uni and now i can't even see her, date her or even plan a next stage with her. I'm running out out time :frown:
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 14
a year, a year of never seeing my friends, a year of not being able to have sex with someone i would want to date and like.

A year is not good enough, this is why we need to stop this crap now.

What do you mean? If we all go out right now, we are going to have a second ( possibly worse ) wave of this. Its better to just stay inside for a while and hopefully let it pass.
I said a year *possibly*. Who knows? It could last 2 years. Not probable, but possible.
What do you mean? If we all go out right now, we are going to have a second ( possibly worse ) wave of this. Its better to just stay inside for a while and hopefully let it pass.
I said a year *possibly*. Who knows? It could last 2 years. Not probable, but possible.

A year is not a while, 2 years is not a while. :mad:

I am not standing for that, better a worse second wave, alot more people getting it but getting to normal quicker and futures not being destroyed
Reply 16
A year is not a while, 2 years is not a while. :mad:

I am not standing for that, better a worse second wave, alot more people getting it but getting to normal quicker and futures not being destroyed

Go argue with the coronavirus, because I really cant help you.
Not to be rude, but you are just one person, and probably not someone in power. You arent going to have a say in if lockdown will be ended or not :rolleyes:
Go argue with the coronavirus, because I really cant help you.
Not to be rude, but you are just one person, and probably not someone in power. You arent going to have a say in if lockdown will be ended or not :rolleyes:

I'm not arguing with the coronavirus, Im arguing with people like you who think the lockdown should continue. Do you seriously think things like chester zoo will be replaced, or i will see my friend again and be able to actually start dating her. Do you seriously think we will ever go back to football stadiums, concerts or that restaurants closing down will be replaced
Reply 18
I'm not arguing with the coronavirus, Im arguing with people like you who think the lockdown should continue. Do you seriously think things like chester zoo will be replaced, or i will see my friend again and be able to actually start dating her. Do you seriously think we will ever go back to football stadiums, concerts or that restaurants closing down will be replaced

Why dont you just facetime and tell her you have feelings?

Thats not my fault. You seem to bet getting upset here. Im just telling you the facts :dontknow:
Im immunocomprimsed, and its scary to think that stepping into the grocery store could get me killed. Thats why I want lockdown to continue. Why dont you be happy your life isnt at risk here?
Why dont you just facetime and tell her you have feelings?

Thats not my fault. You seem to bet getting upset here. Im just telling you the facts :dontknow:
Im immunocomprimsed, and its scary to think that stepping into the grocery store could get me killed. Thats why I want lockdown to continue. Why dont you be happy your life isnt at risk here?

I'm just sad ok, my mental health is suffering so much because of this. I just want to find a little bit of normality

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending