The Student Room Group

Does anyone speak Mirpuri/Pothwari?

Long story short, I am a 16 year old teenage boy and I can barely speak the language , I could sort of speak it a little, and I understand a lot more than I could speak. I am going to be getting married soon and it will be from someone from Mirpur who speaks the language , can someone help me learn the language or something lol.

Edit: I am not getting married soon as , the same year. I mean I am going to get married in a few years, sorry for any confusion lol
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Urm, wow that’s a young age to be getting married.
Original post by Fermion.
Urm, wow that’s a young age to be getting married.

noo, I am not getting married at 16 , sorry for the confusion. Ideally I will be getting married at 21/22 lol. Its my personal choice and its because I want to start a family early
Not at 16 , ideally 21/22
Original post by Anonymousbihhh
noo, I am not getting married at 16 , sorry for the confusion. Ideally I will be getting married at 21/22 lol. Its my personal choice and its because I want to start a family early

Can someone in your family not teach you? Just try to converse in Mirpuri as much as possible which is the best way to learn a language really. Why won’t your wife know English?
Can someone in your family not teach you? Just try to converse in Mirpuri as much as possible which is the best way to learn a language really. Why won’t your wife know English?

My wife is going to be from pakistan lol #arrangedmarriage. But yeah I guess i'm just going to try speaking it to my parents and as much as I can
My wife is going to be from pakistan lol #arrangedmarriage. But yeah I guess i'm just going to try speaking it to my parents and as much as I can

Oh okay. Why won’t your parents find you someone from the UK?
Oh okay. Why won’t your parents find you someone from the UK?

You wouldn't understand :smile: Its a loooonggg story
You wouldn't understand :smile: Its a loooonggg story

i know mirrpurri
its like punjabi but the accent is different
Original post by Sakiudns
i know mirrpurri
its like punjabi but the accent is different

yeahh. how did you learn it?
yeahh. how did you learn it?

my dad is mirpuri so taight me it and my dads side speak it
Well why don't you learn Urdu it's the national language. surely your wife will understand it. just look at YouTube videos and urdu drama's lol.
Original post by redleader1
Well why don't you learn Urdu it's the national language. surely your wife will understand it. just look at YouTube videos and urdu drama's lol

omg i should,
I can speak it dk where i got it from cos no one in me family speak it
Yes I will teach you Pahari Pothwari Contact me
Where is this language spoken?
Basically its from Mirpur Azad Kashmir. Im providing online sessions for those who want to learn this language
i’m interested, i’m also pakistani and can’t speak my home language well.
Original post by rosalind1
I can speak it dk where i got it from cos no one in me family speak it

There is no fit white men. They're all corny with cheap clothes

Pakistani guys are way more fit especially the Mirpuris

This is what most white and black girls think too

Original post by Shamasahmed
There is no fit white men. They're all corny with cheap clothes

Pakistani guys are way more fit especially the Mirpuris

This is what most white and black girls think too

????????

Quick Reply

Latest