The Student Room Group

sruc barony

hi!! i’ve got a conditional offer for the sruc barony campus to study wildlife and conservation management. i don’t know anyone else going to this campus or doing the same course and i was just wondering if anyone is doing either of the two? cheers x
What level of qualification r u going for?
Original post by Ciara2002
What level of qualification r u going for?

BSc/BScHons, you??
Original post by abbiecraig02
BSc/BScHons, you??

I applied for HNC and HND was a bit scared about commuting to a 3-4 year course tbh
I applied for HNC and HND was a bit scared about commuting to a 3-4 year course tbh

same tbh, I’m from East Kilbride so it’s a bit scary going somewhere so far away for that long but I think it’ll be good for me!! Where are you from?
same tbh, I’m from East Kilbride so it’s a bit scary going somewhere so far away for that long but I think it’ll be good for me!! Where are you from?

Glenluce it’s a village just in between newton Stewart and Stranraer. Did u or did anyone else go to any of the open days at the barony when thinking about it 🤗
Glenluce it’s a village just in between newton Stewart and Stranraer. Did u or did anyone else go to any of the open days at the barony when thinking about it 🤗

yeah i went to one in february - i really like the campus!! it’s nice and cozy. have you been??
yeah i went to one in february - i really like the campus!! it’s nice and cozy. have you been??

Pretty sure I went to one in February. Think it was the 13th. It was okay but I wasn’t to sure about staying in the accommodation. But I might have to if I can’t get my license by the end of this year
Pretty sure I went to one in February. Think it was the 13th. It was okay but I wasn’t to sure about staying in the accommodation. But I might have to if I can’t get my license by the end of this year

yeah that’s the one i went to!! honestly it’s so scary to think of being away from home for that long but i think i’ll enjoy it once i settle in. and it’s not like we can’t go home at weekends etc to visit family, i’m sure we’ll be fine :smile:)
yeah that’s the one i went to!! honestly it’s so scary to think of being away from home for that long but i think i’ll enjoy it once i settle in. and it’s not like we can’t go home at weekends etc to visit family, i’m sure we’ll be fine :smile:)

Did u go with ur dad. Think I remember u. I went with my auntie she was very chatty with the people giving the tour 😂🙈 I don’t know if I will be staying in the dorms as it’s so my for a few days and I live like 1hr 30 mins away so it’s not that far to travel tbh
Did u go with ur dad. Think I remember u. I went with my auntie she was very chatty with the people giving the tour 😂🙈 I don’t know if I will be staying in the dorms as it’s so my for a few days and I live like 1hr 30 mins away so it’s not that far to travel tbh

yeah i was with my dad!! i think i remember you as well. i’ll probably be staying in the dorms this year because it’s easier for me but idk what i’ll do for other years. also omg i’m so sorry i think i just accidentally reported your reply instead of replying to it at first, ill try to undo it
yeah i was with my dad!! i think i remember you as well. i’ll probably be staying in the dorms this year because it’s easier for me but idk what i’ll do for other years. also omg i’m so sorry i think i just accidentally reported your reply instead of replying to it at first, ill try to undo it

Haha it’s all good. Yeah I just don’t want to leave home just yet maybe next year I might get a flat with one of my friend that’s going to the barony next year aswell but I just don’t know if I would like living with other people I’m quite a private person tbh🤗
Haha it’s all good. Yeah I just don’t want to leave home just yet maybe next year I might get a flat with one of my friend that’s going to the barony next year aswell but I just don’t know if I would like living with other people I’m quite a private person tbh🤗

i’m the same tbh, the thought of living with people i don’t know is really scary to me but i think it might help to get out of my comfort zone a little. plus, i phoned pearl (the woman who deals with the accommodation and things) and she said they were looking into social distancing this year, so i think that might help me be more comfortable and get used to it quicker. each to their own though, i suppose. whatever you decide to do i’m sure it’ll be great x
i’m the same tbh, the thought of living with people i don’t know is really scary to me but i think it might help to get out of my comfort zone a little. plus, i phoned pearl (the woman who deals with the accommodation and things) and she said they were looking into social distancing this year, so i think that might help me be more comfortable and get used to it quicker. each to their own though, i suppose. whatever you decide to do i’m sure it’ll be great x

Probably won’t be staying in the accommodation. Just not really my cup of tea I like my own space and tbh not that great at meeting new people and feeling comfortable around them so sharing a room with someone else would really stress me out 😂

Quick Reply

Latest