The Student Room Group
Reply 1
The LPC is fundamentally a regurgitation of the materials and solutions you've seen and studied from your course. I think you should just learn the solutions provided to you inside and out.

Curious to how anyone can 'borrow' revision notes though.
Reply 2
Original post by Lawstudent11996
So... I have failed DR, Real Estate and Business , which are the 3 core modules for the LPC.
I have two more attempts left but I am devastated to say the least. This has taken a huge toll on my mental health too!
Does anyone have any advice?
Or any revision notes I can borrow?

Are your exams open book? If so, I bought the 'Your LPC' set of notes which are brilliant and put them in a lever arch folder to take in, which was permitted.

Even if your exams are closed book, the notes will still be helpful.
So... I have failed DR, Real Estate and Business , which are the 3 core modules for the LPC.
I have two more attempts left but I am devastated to say the least. This has taken a huge toll on my mental health too!
Does anyone have any advice?
Or any revision notes I can borrow?

Hey,

I wouldn't worry about this too much - you still have two more attempts to pass! I am currently doing the LPC now and I think the most important thing is to make really good notes after workshops as the workshop tasks are similar to what will be in the exam and then take these notes into the exam and then you can copy them but change them to the facts in the question. Another tip is making sure that your folder is organised by teach topics with folder dividers so you can find work as quickly as possible. I would also suggest asking the tutors to go over the papers with you so you know where you have gone wrong. I also did the specimen exams a few days before and took this into the exam with me too which I think helped!

Good luck - I'm sure you'll smash them the next time round!

Emily
(Student Ambassador, LPC, Liverpool)
Original post by Chris22
Are your exams open book? If so, I bought the 'Your LPC' set of notes which are brilliant and put them in a lever arch folder to take in, which was permitted.

Even if your exams are closed book, the notes will still be helpful.

Hi, thank you for answering.
The exams are open book for core exams at Ulaw , I bought the LPC Answered set of notes and unfortunately they were not helpful.
I will look into buying Your LPC notes.
Thank you :smile: !
Original post by Varis
The LPC is fundamentally a regurgitation of the materials and solutions you've seen and studied from your course. I think you should just learn the solutions provided to you inside and out.

Curious to how anyone can 'borrow' revision notes though.

Hi Varis,

Thank you for your response , I will take this advice on board.
As for borrowing revision notes it can be sent via email.
Original post by The University of Law Students
Hey,

I wouldn't worry about this too much - you still have two more attempts to pass! I am currently doing the LPC now and I think the most important thing is to make really good notes after workshops as the workshop tasks are similar to what will be in the exam and then take these notes into the exam and then you can copy them but change them to the facts in the question. Another tip is making sure that your folder is organised by teach topics with folder dividers so you can find work as quickly as possible. I would also suggest asking the tutors to go over the papers with you so you know where you have gone wrong. I also did the specimen exams a few days before and took this into the exam with me too which I think helped!

Emily

Hi Emily,

Thank you for replying and the advice.

That is the only thing keeping me going however, there is the fear of not passing them on the two remaining attempts. I would like to think this is just me overthinking and thinking of the worst.

There is the also fear of being judged by people, which I know shouldn't be a priority but it is quite hard.

It also instills fear in me in regard to not retrieving a training contract due to a mere pass in the LPC.

Kind regards
Lawstudent11996 :smile:
@Lawstudent11996

Hi, I’m a different ambassador called Tasha, just wanted to add some advice!

I completely understand how you may be fearful of the same thing happening again, however if you take this opportunity to learn from your mistake, I’m sure you can pass it next time! As Emily said above, go over where you went wrong with your tutors. They are also there for support, so you can express your worries to them and they can help with the mental health aspect too! Her advice on the workshop notes and specimen exams were spot on so I won’t add to that!

With regards to the mental health side, our uni does offer free counselling sessions. They are completely confidential! They may help you deal with your fears and hopefully help ease your mind, in terms of passing next time and the fear of judgement you talk about. I think everyone naturally worries about fear of being judged! But at the end of the day, you won’t have been the only student to fail! And if you take this opportunity to learn from it, then it will end up not being a failure!

I really think it could help ease your mind talking to your tutor and / or counselling about these worries. I would also talk to our employability service about your fear of not receiving a TC (training contract)- they are so friendly and can help you with applications for a TC!

I know it must be very hard for you to not feel disheartened, but you will not be the only one in this position, and I am confident you can turn this around into a learning point! One of my lecturers always told us that you learn best from getting things wrong!

Let me know if you need any links/ emails for the services I mentioned above!

Tasha :-)
Hi Emily,

Thank you for replying and the advice.

That is the only thing keeping me going however, there is the fear of not passing them on the two remaining attempts. I would like to think this is just me overthinking and thinking of the worst.

There is the also fear of being judged by people, which I know shouldn't be a priority but it is quite hard.

It also instills fear in me in regard to not retrieving a training contract due to a mere pass in the LPC.

Kind regards
Lawstudent11996 :smile:

Hey,

I know it is easy to say but you need to try and not worry about what people think! So many people have failed exams in uni and have had to resit or even not get the grades that they wanted, a lot of people have been through it.

Honestly if you understand the content and have good notes from the workshop I am sure you will pass them all this time round. I would email all your tutors on areas you don't understand for help and advice, when doing my core modules I was constantly asking questions and once someone properly explained it to me then it all clicked! Also, the bonus of having an open book exam is that you can pass by just understanding what they are asking you as you don't need to memorise anything as you have all your notes/books with you.

Try keep positive and ask for the support you need whether it be from uni or elsewhere.

Emily
Original post by The University of Law Students
Hey,

Emily

Hi, i'm currently on the LPC but fear I may Have failed my 3rd attempt of litigation. Could anyone tell me would I have to retake the whole thing? Is there no way around it as I have passed everything else except for this.

Latest

Trending

Trending