The Student Room Group

I got no 6 form place wat do i do???!!!

hey so basically i went to grammar schl and i think ive done fine in my GCSEs but im still waiting for my grades to come out (i didnt acc sit an exam cuz of corona). Ive applied to a load of 6 forms and colleges locally but then my mum was like college is out cuz ur jst gonna muck about and there s no discipline bla bla bla. so i kinda ignored all the interview invites 4 th colleges. then i messed up on my interview 4 the 6 form i wanted 2 go 2 and didnt get a place. my final resort, the local girls 6 form didnt receive my application on time cuz it got lost in th post so now i prbbly wont get a place there cuz im a "late applicant". so now it looks like im going nowere in september and im really stressed cuz i was looking 4ward to jst doing a levels and getting my education over wiv:frown: does any1 hav any advice on wat i shud do???? pls help me im acc gutted
You need to contact the places you would like to go to - there is always a certain amount of flex after results are issued as not everyone gets their expected grades. Schools want to fill all their places to get the funding
Reply 2
Don't panic - people swap sixth forms right into September and schools generally want to fill their classes as they need the money. Send a polite email in formal English to any 6th from you want to go to asking if they would consider you.
Reply 3
Original post by ReadingMum
You need to contact the places you would like to go to - there is always a certain amount of flex after results are issued as not everyone gets their expected grades. Schools want to fill all their places to get the funding

yh but loadsa places r going on about how their gonna b really strict about social distancing and class sizes changing subject ect. so i thnk many have already sorted it out with accepted students and dont wanna mess it up:frown:thass y its so hard 2 find a place right now
Reply 4
Original post by Compost
Don't panic - people swap sixth forms right into September and schools generally want to fill their classes as they need the money. Send a polite email in formal English to any 6th from you want to go to asking if they would consider you.

ok should i tell them im kinda desperate and no 1 seems 2 want me?
Where do u live? Like whereabouts so I can suggest some 6 forms...
Reply 6
Original post by Monsur x

i live in hall green birmingham
Reply 7
thnx man thass a releif 2 now im not the only 1. i jst feel like im kind of a failure right now cuz all my frnds have sorted their lives out and like wont get below a 7 in their GCSE s and im here with my average grades not even in a 6 form:redface:
Reply 8
Original post by Monsur x

hall green birmingham
Original post by lol idk xxx
hall green birmingham

Loool wow then no soz

Quick Reply

Latest