The Student Room Group
Tbh all I’ve used are ****, noticed I get a lot of likes and matches etc on match.com but it’s all locked behind payment walls.
Original post by Anonymous
What are the best dating/hookup apps alongside tinder or bumble that actually work?

Tinder or Grindr. Plenty of Fish is another to try.
How can a guy do well on Tinder? I always seem to fluff my lines on there :frown:
Reply 4
How can a guy do well on Tinder? I always seem to fluff my lines on there :frown:

You need to have good pics. Don’t put any awkward ones or loads of group ones. Just good quality, maybe some that show stuff you like (eg if you play a sport or an instrument) but don’t make all your pics this. Make sure your bio isn’t too ramble-y or cliche (eg don’t say “quarantine made me do it” or “here for a good time not a long time”). Just be honest, something funny, something that can start a conversation. Then when you get a match, pick out something from her profile. Keep it lighthearted. Start with a joke. I’ve been on tinder a while and tbh from my perspective it’s very hard to find any decent guys. Tinder isn’t really the best, none of the apps have worked great for me tbh but I know a lot of people have had success stories, you just gotta keep trying.
Original post by tashkara
You need to have good pics. Don’t put any awkward ones or loads of group ones. Just good quality, maybe some that show stuff you like (eg if you play a sport or an instrument) but don’t make all your pics this. Make sure your bio isn’t too ramble-y or cliche (eg don’t say “quarantine made me do it” or “here for a good time not a long time”). Just be honest, something funny, something that can start a conversation. Then when you get a match, pick out something from her profile. Keep it lighthearted. Start with a joke. I’ve been on tinder a while and tbh from my perspective it’s very hard to find any decent guys. Tinder isn’t really the best, none of the apps have worked great for me tbh but I know a lot of people have had success stories, you just gotta keep trying.

I put a few decent ones on there and tend to do okay for the first few days but then it just trails off. I usually put something funny in my bio and a couple of interests, etc (I'm a photographer but don't have any pics of me with a camera unfortunately).

Some friends of mine put average pictures and hardly a good bio but seem to have done well on there so not sure what's with that. One has had a few fwb type things off of it but that's what he wants whilst the girls usually want longer term relationships.

I always try and look at their profile if I can find something on it to get a conversation started; usually gets me an answer 70% of the time if they have a bio but others unmatch. Continue with this and general chatting, but after a few lines when I ask for their instagram, fb or number they either go dead or unmatch me straight away so just seem to be unlucky (sometimes not sure if I want someone to talk to, relationship or just casual but its usually somewhere in between).

Yeah I've tried Bumble, Hinge, Tinder, Coffee Meets Bagel et al and haven't had much success. Will keep on it but might have to keep reading up on improving my game..
Tbh all I’ve used are ****, noticed I get a lot of likes and matches etc on match.com but it’s all locked behind payment walls.

Yes
One of them is sexist - women can use for free whereas men have to pay £40 per month to use it
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Laurence010401
Yes
One of them is sexist - women can use for free whereas men have to pay £40 per month to use it

Wait match.com? Is that actually true?
Wait match.com? Is that actually true?

C date

Idk about match.com
Is that one sexist as well?
Reply 9
I put a few decent ones on there and tend to do okay for the first few days but then it just trails off. I usually put something funny in my bio and a couple of interests, etc (I'm a photographer but don't have any pics of me with a camera unfortunately).

Some friends of mine put average pictures and hardly a good bio but seem to have done well on there so not sure what's with that. One has had a few fwb type things off of it but that's what he wants whilst the girls usually want longer term relationships.

I always try and look at their profile if I can find something on it to get a conversation started; usually gets me an answer 70% of the time if they have a bio but others unmatch. Continue with this and general chatting, but after a few lines when I ask for their instagram, fb or number they either go dead or unmatch me straight away so just seem to be unlucky (sometimes not sure if I want someone to talk to, relationship or just casual but its usually somewhere in between).

Yeah I've tried Bumble, Hinge, Tinder, Coffee Meets Bagel et al and haven't had much success. Will keep on it but might have to keep reading up on improving my game..

Okay well your friends probably just swipe right on every girl until they get matches ngl haha. As a girl who airs a lot of messages I can tell you that it’s either because they just change their mind or she just doesn’t really know what to say. Don’t take it personally, I know it’s kinda disheartening but yeah it happens.

Instead of asking for her ig or number or whatever, give her YOURS and make it HER decision. Trust me, one boy who I wasn’t too sure on did this and I was taken aback but I loved it. Just put your number and tell her it’s up to her. Leave it. If she doesn’t text you, move on. If she does then great. I really don’t like getting off tinder until I’m sure that I actually like them, so maybe wait a little longer before doing that.
I've heard OK cupid is less based on looks and it's an app now. My friend had success there.
The others it is hard I am on bumble and tinder but its hard being a femme looking for other femmes so I kinda just give up were in lockdown anyways
This is a crap dating app I haven’t found anyone here yet😤😤
What are the best dating/hookup apps alongside tinder or bumble that actually work?

All of them 'work' if you follow the two rules of online dating;

- be attractive
- don't be unattractive
I give up here😔😔

eHarmony

eharmony delivers better dates. We are the experts in finding love, register for free today and discover how eharmony does dating.

match.com

Discover new ways to meet people. Join Match.com Free now! Award winning service. Innovative features. User friendly dating app. Dedicated customer care. Exclusive singles events. Types: Single Women, Single Men, Gay Dating, Lesbian Dating.

Lovestruck

Lovestruck is a personal matchmaking service operated by Love Group, a publicly listed company on the Australian Securities Exchange. Lovestruck is for singles who lack the time for endless rounds of swiping and chatting, and instead prefer a personal touch in the search for a committed, meaningful relationship that could lead to marriage. If that resonates, then the Lovestruck matchmaking service is right for you.

DatingDirect.com

datingdirect.com is the premier dating and chat site in Europe. You can chat with and date a soulmate and love! Have great dates by talking directly via chat.

PARSHIP.co.uk

Online Dating & Serious Matchmaking Are you looking for a long-term relationship? Find someone who really is right for you.

PlentyofFish

Not to brag, but the members of Plenty of Fish are an amazing bunch. They're friendly, respectful, and fascinating people looking for a partner to take on new adventures. Members have also been known to branch out from the internet, organizing community events and private meet-ups in cities around the world.

Mysinglefriend.com

Discover up to 1000 matches with our intelligent two-way matching feature. Find someone special with one of our many search options and add those you like to your Favourites. When you're ready, contact members using an easy and private messaging interface. See what you have in common with others at a glance. You're in control - block members who do not meet your standards or report unsavory members.

BeautifulPeople.com

This is the leading online dating site for beautiful men and women. Meet, date, chat, and create relationships with attractive men and women.
Nowadays there are a lot of such sites on the Internet. But to be honest, I was always afraid to fall for scammers.
Has anyone tried Facebook dating?

Latest

Trending

Trending