The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

alright daily mail
We’re tired of being oppressed.
Reply 3
Original post by clmwalker
Stfu Kyle. We’re tired of being oppressed.

Whos Kyle? 🤨

I think you mean karl :lol:
Reply 4
No.
Reply 5
i get tired of hearing about anything after 10 mins ngl
Reply 6
Original post by karl pilkington
They are a militant organization which burns down buildings and attacks people. It is not the case that black people suffer more than whites when it comes to police killings.

it is actually the case. there are 70% white people in the us and only 13% black people so while it seems like there are more crimes committed against white people, it actually makes sense and isnt that much if u look at how many white people there actually are. however the amount of crimes against black people despite them being a minority is very alarming!
(edited 3 years ago)
Not worth the energy at 3am to break down how dumb that OP is.
KARL - you say you’re tired of hearing it, imagine the people experiencing it! Just because it’s not your reality doesn’t mean it’s non existent.

Anybody with a functioning brain knows that the black community has had their fair share of ill treatment for centuries... and since when does highlighting one issue disparage another? Are you not secure enough in yourself to be empathetic to a portion of our human community that is frustrated, suffering and hurting for crying out loud 🤦*♀️
couldn't care less
Reply 10
After being oppressed for centuries, this seems somewhat necessary to raise awareness and (finally) bring about appropriate justice and change. I bet you didn’t think of black lives before all of this, did you Karl?
Reply 11
Original post by chichi302
KARL - you say you’re tired of hearing it, imagine the people experiencing it! Just because it’s not your reality doesn’t mean it’s non existent.

Anybody with a functioning brain knows that the black community has had their fair share of ill treatment for centuries... and since when does highlighting one issue disparage another? Are you not secure enough in yourself to be empathetic to a portion of our human community that is frustrated, suffering and hurting for crying out loud 🤦*♀️

Out of interest but why have you put an asterix and a female symbol at the end?
Reply 12
Original post by LovelyMrFox
Whos Kyle? 🤨

I think you mean karl :lol:

South Park
Reply 13
Original post by bj27
South Park

Im stupid, my bad.
I think the biggest issue with the BLM campaign is they have no leader. They need a Martin Luther or Malcolm X to get their objectives across but no one has really stepped up.

If that makes sense.
The anger and injustice is clear but what they want not so much.

As for the violence, don't read too much into it. Alot of it is anarchists or agitators.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Castro Saint
Not worth the energy at 3am to break down how dumb that OP is.

Then why reply.
meh its nice to have a break from hearing about ****ing coronavirus everyday :rolleyes:
Original post by karl pilkington
They are a militant organization which burns down buildings and attacks people. It is not the case that black people suffer more than whites when it comes to police killings.

You’re tired of hearing about BLM? Imagine how tired we are of living through years of discrimination. If you don’t have anything smart to say then keep your mouth closed x
Reply 18
Original post by adam271
I think the biggest issue with the BLM campaign is they have no leader. They need a Martin Luther or Malcolm X to get their objectives across but no one has really stepped up.

If that makes sense.
The anger and injustice is clear but what they want not so much.

As for the violence, don't read too much into it. Alot of it is anarchists or agitators.

Agreed to an extent, but nowadays celebrity culture takes over so what we have are a bunch of celebrities with views that kinda echo what the social justice figures of yesteryear were doing.

It's hard to get a coherent message nowadays in any form of social justice, there's a lot of clutter to get through and a lot of people with influence and different opinions.

Original post by adam271
Then why reply.

Because what OP said was nothing short of nonsensical.
(edited 3 years ago)
Why do people keep saying they have been oppressed for centuries? Erm hello no one alive today had anything to do with slavery etc. Also, BLM never mentions the fact that most people who kill blacks are other blacks. Next week young black man stabbed to death in north london = nothing in media. Also it is simply not the case that in this country there is a huge problem with racism and oppression.

Latest