The Student Room Group
Students at work, Bath Spa University
Bath Spa University
Bath

Bath Spa Uni

i am looking at studying tourism and was wondering what the uni is like. if anyone goes here or knows anything about the uni, can you leave a reply?

what is the uni like?
hows the accommodation?
& any other info that i should know

Hi, just saw your question! I've just finished 2nd year. Here's my personal thoughts...

Main campus (newton park): beautiful campus and nice buildings but is in an awkward location (middle of nowhere with lots of cows, sometimes smells..!) Has a starbucks and canteen which is decent and believe there is a gym but think only people who live on campus use it. I've been to the student union ONCE in my whole two years and that was just to see how busy it was during a quiz night. It seemed pretty dead and nobody I know seems to go there...

Accommodation: Really depends on your priorities when choosing accommodation - do you want to be closer to town and further from uni or on campus and further from town. Also do you want en suite bathroom or do you not mind? All of the accommodation is self-catered.

Green Park House - Really nice rooms and pretty much in the town centre, but furthest halls away from the uni. Can take up to an hour to get to uni if traffic is bad...believe it is mainly en suite rooms (but not 100% sure about that). Only visited a few times. It's really nearly nice pubs, pretty much next to spoons and easy to get to clubs. So if you like a night out could be a good option.

Waterside court/charlton court - these two are right next to each other and kinda in-between town and main campus. I do get them confused tbh, but I think one is nicer than the other...can't remember which! They're RIGHT beside Lidl which is sooooo cheap and the best supermarket for students for sure! There's also a starbucks next to them, a pets at home and hobby craft too. Down the road there's a gym which is decent pricing I think. Do think they're full of 'party animals' so if that's not your scene then maybe not the place for you!

Twerton Mill - this is where I was. On the other side of Lidl and still really close which is great. Also right next to mcdonalds, M&S and currys pc world. Nice flats (en suite) and 'townhouses' (shared bathrooms). Bus from right outside takes 20ish mins to uni without traffic. Nice place to stay overall.

Overall the uni is quite anti-social and doesn't put on many events that people go to. Societies are pretty unpopular too. However, staff are great and super nice. Courses are good. Not a GREAT place to be but not bad either...not surprised it ranks 103rd uni in the Uk though!
(edited 3 years ago)
Students at work, Bath Spa University
Bath Spa University
Bath
Original post by Epicpanda
i am looking at studying tourism and was wondering what the uni is like. if anyone goes here or knows anything about the uni, can you leave a reply?

what is the uni like?
hows the accommodation?
& any other info that i should know

Hi @Epicpanda :smile:

I am pleased you are considering Bath for your studies, as it's a great city for students.
On the accommodation side, you may need to ask yourself couple of questions to help you choose the best one for you:
- Are you looking to live in a campus or away from the Uni e.g. closer to the city centre?
- Would you like a self-catered accommodation?
- Would you prefer a quieter place?

Here at The Depot Student Roost we offer self-contained en-suite studios around 10 minutes away on a bus from the unis and the town centre. The studios are modern and well-maintained with staff on site 24/7 should you have any questions or issues. There are various sites such as Rightmove, Hello Student, Unite Students that you can have a look for different accommodation types :smile:

Please let me know if you have any more questions and I will be more than happy to help :smile:
Klaudia

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending