The Student Room Group

When will my college accept/ decline my conditional

Is there a date which colleges are required to accept or decline a conditional offer? I know we get exam results on 4th August so I’d assume it’s after that?

I realised I screwed up it’s meant to say college in the title not UHI.
(edited 3 years ago)
Hey is that about GSCE's or A-Levels
Reply 2
Original post by Ariba.Art
Hey is that about GSCE's or A-Levels

National 5 aha which I think is equivalent to GCSE
Normally you register after that date and that's how they know if you have the grades for it or not.
Reply 4
Original post by PetitePanda
Normally you register after that date and that's how they know if you have the grades for it or not.

What do you mean by register?
Original post by Alexrouse1
What do you mean by register?

Normally you register your place like sort of an enrollment day if this makes sense?
Reply 6
Normally you register your place like sort of an enrollment day if this makes sense?

Ooh I see thank you! Also, have you got any idea when you hear about residences?
Ooh I see thank you! Also, have you got any idea when you hear about residences?

Residences??? Is this a boarding school
Reply 8
Residences??? Is this a boarding school

It’s a college ive got a conditional for but I’ve also got an unconditional for a university but that doesn’t have halls/ residences.
It’s a college ive got a conditional for but I’ve also got an unconditional for a university but that doesn’t have halls/ residences.

I thought you were getting National 5, which is equivalent to gcse according to you. I'm confused as I thought you were going to college to do Advanced Highers (I'm not really knowledgeable in Scottish qualifications)
I thought you were getting National 5, which is equivalent to gcse according to you. I'm confused as I thought you were going to college to do Advanced Highers (I'm not really knowledgeable in Scottish qualifications)

No, I’m going to college or university using my nat 5’s to get an HNC.
No, I’m going to college or university using my nat 5’s to get an HNC.

Ohhh I see. Normally for uni you would apply for accommodation after results day since you have a place so it could be similar to the offer with residences?
Normally for HNCs you need Level 3 qualifications, National 5 are Level 2 qualifications?
Original post by MedicWil
Normally for HNCs you need Level 3 qualifications, National 5 are Level 2 qualifications?

I have an unconditional offer so that’s not a problem. 🤷🏼*♀️I can send you a ss of the email If you’d like
Ohhh I see. Normally for uni you would apply for accommodation after results day since you have a place so it could be similar to the offer with residences?

Okay, I applied back in March.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending