The Student Room Group

Radioactivity

Is the radioactivity from your phone/iPad dangerous for u if u use it next to u??
No. You go through background radiation everyday.
Reply 2
Original post by Fermion.
No. You go through background radiation everyday.

Sorry I didn’t get that?
Original post by Anonymous
Sorry I didn’t get that?

Things around you emit radiation all the time. Things like soil, buildings and even food emit radiation but it’s so small it is harmless in the long run. This is called background radiation. Therefore any radiation emitted from your phone is very very unlikely to affect you.
Reply 4
Things around you emit radiation all the time. Things like soil, buildings and even food emit radiation but it’s so small it is harmless in the long run. This is called background radiation. Therefore any radiation emitted from your phone is very very unlikely to affect you.

Wow didn’t know soil has radiation in it
Reply 5
Why do people say that you can get cancer by iPad/phone radiation?

which people? On social media?
Original post by Johnny Tightlips
which people? On social media?

:lol: right

I assent with everything @Fermion. Is advising.

It’s a load of crap. It’s not even proven.
I assent with everything @Fermion. Is advising.

Lol thanks anon! :smile:
Lol thanks anon! :smile:

I went anon for personal reasons. But you're welcome.

I don’t know what to believe tbh
Wow didn’t know soil has radiation in it

well most of the background is alpha from radon, which is in soil/rocks.

There is no evidence that the radiation from devices would cause adverse health effects. (indeed, it doesn't really have any mechanism to do so being non-ionising)
I don’t know what to believe tbh

Believe me. Im a radiographer therefore I’ve done a degree about radiation.

That’s acc true so u better believe Fermion!! 😁
(edited 3 years ago)
Is the radioactivity from your phone/iPad dangerous for u if u use it next to u??

It's safe (99% likely) - what made you ask? Though, what is perhaps radioactive is the toxic nature with which these devices compel us to use them: intoxicated by social media, watching videos endlessly, staying up and ruining our sleep... The key is to use them sensibly and learn what you can about them, from usability to security to privacy to their effects on the body...
Original post by Kiritsugu
It's safe (99% likely) - what made you ask? Though, what is perhaps radioactive is the toxic nature with which these devices compel us to use them: intoxicated by social media, watching videos endlessly, staying up and ruining our sleep... The key is to use them sensibly and learn what you can about them, from usability to security to privacy to their effects on the body...

I just always head that it’s not good for u

Hear*

Well, right now, there isn't sufficient evidence to suggest there are harmful radioactive effects. On the other hand, there are articles that indicate there may be a negative effect (1, 2, 3). It's potentially possible for them to perhaps cause some acute effect, so I'd simply recommend practising safe use (i.e. use them in moderation). When you're using mobile phones to take calls, your ears can get quite warm if the speaker is too close to your ear, so you shouldn't have it too close to your ear, in my opinion.

Generally, it's always good to question everything.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending