The Student Room Group

Chelsea F.C. Thread IX

Scroll to see replies

Werner not yet confirmed and Havertz is obviously just a link at this point but imagine if we sign both of them, together with Ziyech already confirmed :daydreaming:

We seem to want Chilwell but I'd much rather save £30m and buy Tagliafico instead. Lampard rates Maatsen too- so it might be better business to buy the cheaper (older) player now and then hopefully in 2 years time Maatsen is ready for the first team?

We obviously have money to spend with the Morata and Hazard money but clearly we're gonna have to sell some players especially if we get Havertz.

One of Alonso/Emerson
Barkley?
Drinkwater (would anyone actually pay money for him at this point?)
Bakayoko (surely he's worth £15-20m to someone..?)

Surely we need a CB too or our team is gonna be so attack heavy. We could start the season with Tammy, Werner, Giroud, CHO, Pulisic, Ziyech, Havertz, Mount for those 3/4 attacking positions (which is crazy depth with how versatile lots of them are) but it almost looks like we might be a score more than the other team setup if we don't get a top class CB in?
Reply 81
Werner is as good as done based on reports from very credible people. It just can’t be announced yet.

We’ll definitely have a lot of outgoings but no money for Willian and Pedro.

Marina is asking for £40 million for Michy 😂😂. It would be good business if anyone paid £20-25million for him but expect we’ll lose a few hangers on over summer
Reply 82
Marina moving hard. I expect us to sell Michy last minute of the transfer window for £35M. @Skkc16
Reply 83
Do we even need a CB we have 4 decent ones, tomori rudi zouma and chirstensen . Yeah none of them are top class but they will do a job. Hopefully ampadu plays a bit too. We just really need a LB ill be happy with chillwell, telles or tagalifico.
Reply 84
Original post by _ap12
Do we even need a CB we have 4 decent ones, tomori rudi zouma and chirstensen . Yeah none of them are top class but they will do a job. Hopefully ampadu plays a bit too. We just really need a LB ill be happy with chillwell, telles or tagalifico.

Ampadu is another one but he's barely played at Leipzig. I think he'd be good if Upamecano leaves Leipzig, they'd use him because he did a good job vs Spurs and looked solid, but honestly we need a solid player with experience, this season has shown that we have massive issues at CB that have been failed to be addressed since Conté.

I like Tomori though, I know he made a few mistakes but he's young and definitely had some top skills, could progress the ball, has a lot of pace.
(edited 3 years ago)
Werner ,Havertz , Zyiec would make your attack up there with City tbh and only slightly behind LFC.

Werner ,Havertz stand out whenever Leverkusen/RBL play. Very consistent and very effective. Great players.

Sort out that defence and GK and it'll be interesting....
Reply 86
people wonder why we get all those players but remember that Willian AND Pedro are leaving in the summer. likelihood is that havertz is replacing Barkley.
Willian very underrated tbh, great player
Reply 88
Original post by Zürich
Willian very underrated tbh, great player

Good troll. The guy who got outscored by two of our fullbacks over a 4 year period.

Alonso and Ivanovic managed to outscore him.

Arsenal can take him like they did with Luiz.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by bj27
people wonder why we get all those players but remember that Willian AND Pedro are leaving in the summer. likelihood is that havertz is replacing Barkley.

Havertz will be an interesting transfer.. Liverpool/Chelsea/Bayern and other top clubs all linked. Just turned 21 today so he might decide to stay where he is too.

Yes William and Pedro leaving would free up maybe £200k a week on wages?

I think people forget that Chelsea sold Hazard (£90mil or £130mil? Not sure how easy the add-ons were) + Morata (£50mil).

So far they've signed Kovacic (£40mil), Ziyech (£36mil) and then Werner (£54mil lined up). So still haven't spent the money coming in, nevermind the usual funds available for transfers (plus last summer).
Reply 90
Original post by Nichrome
Anyone else feel they saw very little from CHO this season? I know he's been injured but when he has played he has been very underwhelming, particularly when he showed promise under Sarri. It feels like ever since he landed his fat contract he has been on the decline.

He came back from injury, did well for a few games, got dropped for Pulisic, then when he came to play again was poor. I think it's unfair to judge him. When he was coming back prior to his latest injury he was hitting form.

He is still 19 anyway.

The break has been good for us, Hudson Odoi and Pulisic are both fit, while Pedro and mount started to hit form just before the break.
(edited 3 years ago)
Whose ready for the banging partnership between Timo and kai
All we need is a VVD like centreback alongside rudiger and we will be title contenders
Original post by bj27
He came back from injury, did well for a few games, got dropped for Pulisic, then when he came to play again was poor. I think it's unfair to judge him. When he was coming back prior to his latest injury he was hitting form.

He is still 19 anyway.

The break has been good for us, Hudson Odoi and Pulisic are both fit, while Pedro and mount started to hit form just before the break.

CHO has been awful the guy made me sooo angry against newcastle when we lost 1-0
Reply 94
Original post by Timo werner
CHO has been awful the guy made me sooo angry against newcastle when we lost 1-0

When we won 1-0 he got the assist for the goal though. :yy:

But yes I expect more however he needs time. He's got the quality. His games vs Arsenal he was great.
Original post by bj27

He is still 19 anyway.

Also was busy fighting rape allegations :colonhash:
Just sign Chillwell.
Werner is a serious player for you guys. Not great skills or anything but just clinical. Think Klinsmann/Van Nistelrooy type but faster and could play outwide.

Abraham could easily play off him.

Giroud off the bench for the target man too. Not bad.
(edited 3 years ago)
Surprised you haven't started with Abraham
Reply 99
too many clowns in defence and we're toothless in attack.
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply