The Student Room Group

summer body

hi, I wanna get skinny for summer! I'm currently 53kg and 15 years old :frown: any tips to lose weight fast and effectively will be highly appreciated

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Gauri_P
hi, I wanna get skinny for summer! I'm currently 53kg and 15 years old :frown: any tips to lose weight fast and effectively will be highly appreciated

Exactly how skinny do you want to be? You're already eight stone, which I thought was skinny enough.
Reply 2
Original post by Fonzo
Exactly how skinny do you want to be? You're already eight stone, which I thought was skinny enough.

your comment made me smile, idk if it was meant to lmao but it did :smile: my goal is 46-48kg and it's mainly for my stomach because that's unfortunately where most of my weight is...
Reply 3
Original post by Gauri_P
your comment made me smile, idk if it was meant to lmao but it did :smile: my goal is 46-48kg and it's mainly for my stomach because that's unfortunately where most of my weight is...

I wanted you to feel as though there is nothing wrong with your weight. But if you're persistent, try exercising and eating healthy. Do Not Give Into Temptation!
(edited 3 years ago)
How tall are you? Your height matters as well when it comes to weight.
You weigh about as much as my left leg......if that makes you feel better lol.
Reply 6
Original post by DesertCamel2001
How tall are you? Your height matters as well when it comes to weight.

yeah thats very true lmao, my height is around 5 feet 4 inches...
Reply 7
Original post by Realitysreflexx
You weigh about as much as my left leg......if that makes you feel better lol

i'm pretty sure you're over exaggerating but thanks lmao:smile: your post did make me laugh!
Original post by Gauri_P

that's creepy..... i'm EXACT same age and weight. How tall are you?
Original post by roseroserosie4

just saw you said 5ft 4... again super strange as that makes us basically EXACT same height / weight/ age aha
Reply 10

She already mentioned, it's 5'4.
Reply 11
just saw you said 5ft 4... again super strange as that makes us basically EXACT same height / weight/ age aha

wtfff, that's creepy:eek: lmao you dont have to tell me because i dont wanna sound like a pedo but what country do you live in because i stggg if thats the same, i'm out:smile:
England lol
Reply 13
England lol

NOOO WTFFF?!!are you in year 10?!
Year eleven, but I would be year ten if I hadn’t skipped year six. Are you south England?
Original post by Gauri_P

You are already on the cusp of being underweight with a BMI of 19.9. I would focus on building muscle instead.
Reply 16
Original post by Dax_Swagg3r
You are already on the cusp of being underweight with a BMI of 19.9. I would focus on building muscle instead.

okay thank you :smile: but trust me I know I'm not skinny, I have a lot of stomach fat and i'm doing cardio workouts to try and reduce that..
Hi OP.

What people haven't seemed to have mentioned here is the proven link between visceral fat (ie: unhealthy fat around the organs like the heart, liver, kidneys and stomach etc) and consumption of refined/added sugar. Sugar (ie: Sucrose) on a molecular scale is 1 part fructose and 1 part glucose. Fructose is a toxin that is metabolised by the liver in a very similar way to alcohol. It is why over-consumption of sugar and/or alcohol both lead to the classic "beer belly" and can result in similar chronic bodily disorders. Cut out foods with added sugar (can be difficult since almost all packaged food in the supermarket has lots of the stuff) and stick to whole foods as much as humanly possible. That means the vast majority of breakfast cereals and all (yes ALL) soft drinks such as coca-cola and even fruit juices are horrifically bad for you because of all enormous quantity added sugar they contain that will be highly detrimental to your goals of losing belly-fat.

No matter how well you exercise, you cannot outrun a bad diet. That's a fact. Diet is at least 80-90% of the story when it comes to weight loss.

Good luck.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Gauri_P
okay thank you :smile: but trust me I know I'm not skinny, I have a lot of stomach fat and i'm doing cardio workouts to try and reduce that..

Okay you will lose that weight and what will be revealed, nothing. You should focus on building muscle so there is something to reveal.
Reply 19
Original post by LCHF OMAD
Hi OP.

What people haven't seemed to have mentioned here is the proven link between visceral fat (ie: unhealthy fat around the organs like the heart, liver, kidneys and stomach etc) and consumption of refined/added sugar. Sugar (ie: Sucrose) on a molecular scale is 1 part fructose and 1 part glucose. Fructose is a toxin that is metabolised by the liver in a very similar way to alcohol. It is why over-consumption of sugar and/or alcohol both lead to the classic "beer belly" and can result in similar chronic bodily disorders. Cut out foods with added sugar (can be difficult since almost all packaged food in the supermarket has lots of the stuff) and stick to whole foods as much as humanly possible. That means the vast majority of breakfast cereals and all (yes ALL) soft drinks such as coca-cola and even fruit juices are horrifically bad for you because of all enormous quantity added sugar they contain that will be highly detrimental to your goals of losing belly-fat.

No matter how well you exercise, you cannot outrun a bad diet. That's a fact. Diet is at least 80-90% of the story when it comes to weight loss.

Good luck.

thank you :smile: this was very informative and i will bear that in mind!

Quick Reply

Latest