The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Original post by Fonzo
Whatever Happened to The Jeremy Kyle Show, I used to watch it every morning with a piece of toast and a cup of warm coffee. It used to be absolutely marvellous, but recently I haven't seen it on TV. Could anyone tell me why?

It's a simple google search. A guest died due to overdoes shortly after the filming.
Reply 2
Original post by Exdoz
It's a simple google search. A guest died due to overdoes shortly after the filming.

What has that got to do with Jeremy Kyle?
Reply 3
Original post by Fonzo
What has that got to do with Jeremy Kyle?

I'm not the one who banned the show.

From their perspective, they wanted to prevent any further suicides from guests in the future. If you watched the shows you would know that a majority of the time. the audience would laugh at the guests. That doesn't make the guest feel any better.
Reply 4
Original post by Exdoz
I'm not the one who banned the show.

From their perspective, they wanted to prevent any further suicides from guests in the future. If you watched the shows you would know that a majority of the time. the audience would laugh at the guests. That doesn't make the guest feel any better.

Oh, boohoo, their feelings are hurt. Most of the time the guests were laughable. Still an entertaining show though.
Reply 5
Original post by Fonzo
Whatever Happened to The Jeremy Kyle Show, I used to watch it every morning with a piece of toast and a cup of warm coffee. It used to be entertaining, but recently I haven't seen it on TV. Could anyone tell me why?

It was banned after someone committed suicide afyer appearing on the show! It was a awful.
Reply 6
Original post by Fonzo
Oh, boohoo, their feelings are hurt. Most of the time the guests were laughable. Still an entertaining show though.

Yeah the show was entertaining but, you have to respect the decision- even though the guests were "laughable" they're still human and so that is a major factor to consider. There's plenty other shows to watch.
Reply 7
Original post by mgi
It was banned after someone committed suicide afyer appearing on the show! It was a awful.

They should have had some guts to stay alive. No need to ban the show and ruin it for everyone else.
Reply 8
Original post by Fonzo
They should have had some guts to stay alive. No need to ban the show and ruin it for everyone else.

I guess you are young ? When you mature you will know what you said is wrong. Please don't develop these opinions as it is immoral.
It was worse than Jerry Springer.
The show should have been taken off a long time beforehand. Apart from what appeared to be a lack of after care for those on the show, it contributed to demonising white working class people ('chavs' being one word used to describe them).
I used to love watching the show if I had a morning off.
It's not everyone's cup of tea. I know Jeremy was a bit harsh, but some of the people needed telling.
Reply 12
Original post by Emma:-)
I used to love watching the show if I had a morning off.
It's not everyone's cup of tea. I know Jeremy was a bit harsh, but some of the people needed telling.

He was so disrespectful. Would you like to be spoken to like that?
It was OK for a bit of a laugh in the morning.

I used to love Jerry Springer back in the day but that actually had a lot of variety with a whole bucket full of crazy themed episodes. Jeremy Kyle was more of less the same thing over and over
Reply 14
It's okay when it's at someone else but I am sure the thread starter would feel degraded after everyone in their family, workplace and society knows about something that might be trivial or really extreme that happened before. It means you cannot move on when everyone seems to get a kick out of some past event so 'growing a pair' might not have been an option. Christ, do you have no consideration for mental health or how these instances affect other people? Kyle might have been 'entertaining' but he also used bullying behaviour through getting in people's faces in the name of entertainment and he got paid for ruining other people's lives.
Reply 15
Original post by Em395
It's okay when it's at someone else but I am sure the thread starter would feel degraded after everyone in their family, workplace and society knows about something that might be trivial or really extreme that happened before. It means you cannot move on when everyone seems to get a kick out of some past event so 'growing a pair' might not have been an option. Christ, do you have no consideration for mental health or how these instances affect other people? Kyle might have been 'entertaining' but he also used bullying behaviour through getting in people's faces in the name of entertainment and he got paid for ruining other people's lives.

It was quite right that this sad, heartless and harsh programme was axed. It should never have been aired!
Shsme they didn't get rid of love island too. At least JK had some parts where they did good for people.
He got sacked as he was having mental health people on his show and people that were taking drugs and alcholics and he was taking the **** out of them and abusing them the way he spoke about them calling them low lifes and the scum of the earth and people killed themsel as they could take no more of his filthy crap

Latest