The Student Room Group

Can you make a guy fall in love with you?

Just wondering is there a way to make a guy for in love with you? Is it something people make happen or is it just luck/ what will be will be ?

Scroll to see replies

Just be yourself. Don't be a mean person etc or you know toxic in a relationship.
you cant force it
Reply 3
Original post by Bernsdette
you cant force it

I’m not saying to force it but is there certain things you can do to help? Like be more attentive? Tell him you love him? Spoil him etc? And I mean I want to do these things because I want to and not because I feel like I have to but do guys like that? And are they more likely to fall in love with you if they do?
Reply 4
Original post by physicsamor
Just be yourself. Don't be a mean person etc or you know toxic in a relationship.

My biggest fear is what if the guy im in love with doesn’t love me for me? :frown:
If I'm being honest, YES! You can. I've done it before.
Original post by Anonymous
I’m not saying to force it but is there certain things you can do to help? Like be more attentive? Tell him you love him? Spoil him etc? And I mean I want to do these things because I want to and not because I feel like I have to but do guys like that? And are they more likely to fall in love with you if they do?

There are things that you can do and say to increase the chances of someone falling in love with you.
But it's never certain.

It's a game of luck and skill. A game with more skill than Monopoly and more luck than Chess. There's a game called Twilight Struggle that has a similar combination of skill and luck to getting someone to fall in love with you.

The things that you actually should be doing to increase your chances of getting someone to fall in love with you are somewhat counter-intuitive.
A lot of people follow what they've seen in films. Real life love doesn't work like in the majority of films. Most scriptwriters would not be good sources of advice in how to get someone to fall in love with you.

Don't tell him that you love him. Not until he's made it abundantly clear that he loves you. It's better to show him that you enjoy having fun with him when you are together. Give him sincere and honest and specific compliments at the rate of 1 or 2 per time that you meet him.

It's better to get him to spoil you than it is for you to spoil him. In general aim to treat him as an equal human being to you. You treat yourself well and you'll treat him equally well. But you should avoid treating him better than you treat yourself.

Try to keep you date fun, exciting, unusual. If you can, break one or more harmless rules when you are together.

Try to be unpredictable in a nice way. In a nice way means that you don't have sudden temper tantrums. It means that you do or say nice / fun / interesting / exciting things when they are less expected.

Above all, try to avoid getting oneitis. Getting too obsessed with this one man. If things don't work out between you, there are plenty of other men that would make great boyfriends for you.

And, in the long term, work on improving yourself. All the time. If you as a person are the best version of yourself that you can be, you will be more attractive to men.
The only thing you can really do is make him notice you. After that whatever will happen will happen. There are no magic words you can say, or rituals you can perform that actually do anything. Even behaving like a completely different person will not matter to most guys most of the time; we are very visual creatures.
Reply 8
We’ve been friends a couple years then fell out of touch for about a year and reconnected just a couple months ago. We are “together” but not officially bf and gf or in an official relationship. I have known for a while now that I’m in love with him, even before when we were just friends, I think he likes me back, as he was the one who reached out to me and initiated things romantically but I don’t know if he loves me like I love him, or if I’m just someone he wants to just have a fling with
Reply 9
Original post by awkwardshortguy
The only thing you can really do is make him notice you. After that whatever will happen will happen. There are no magic words you can say, or rituals you can perform that actually do anything. Even behaving like a completely different person will not matter to most guys most of the time; we are very visual creatures.

By that do you mean I have to be physically attractive ?
By that do you mean I have to be physically attractive?
Unless a guy thinks you are the most wonderful person in the world, then he is highly unlikely to enter a relationship with you unless he finds you to be near enough the most physically attractive woman he can get. So be careful not to think that you can date someone as physically attractive as Chris Hemsworth or Henning Wehn unless you are similarly good looking yourself, assuming they don't think that your other qualities are exceptional. I say that for your own benefit.
Original post by awkwardshortguy
Unless a guy thinks you are the most wonderful person in the world, then he is highly unlikely to enter a relationship with you unless he finds you to be near enough the most physically attractive woman he can get. So be careful not to think that you can date someone as physically attractive as Chris Hemsworth or Henning Wehn unless you are similarly good looking yourself, assuming they don't think that your other qualities are exceptional. I say that for your own benefit.

I wouldn’t say I was very attractive at all :frown: I may be bias but I think he’s absolutely gorgeous and a 10/10 i was worried he would be way out of my league and At the moment we’re not in an official relationship but I’m kind of scared of getting my heart broken.
I just wonder if I should keep going on this relaxed way we are now and see how things play out or if I should ask him now how he really feels about me, and if it is just a fling or if he actually sees a future with me. Because if it is a fling as heartbroken as I would be I think I’d rather know so I can move on ASAP. It’s not that I want to move on, as I really think I’m so in love with him and that he’s “the one” but it’s just that the longer it continues I feel like the harder it will be for me to move on...
Yeah, you just gotta use a magic potion
Did you not learn anything from Harry Potter??? A love potion can't create true love, it can only make a strong infatuation
Original post by WoodlandSorcerer
Did you not learn anything from Harry Potter??? A love potion can't create true love, it can only make a strong infatuation

Lol

If only it was as easy as in the movies
Theoretically, I suppose it's possible. You can cultivate a situation sort of Pavlovs dog where a person would release chemicals associated with what we observe as love. I mean Stockholm syndrome is also a thing.
It's pretty wrong to force it. And even if you pretend to have the same interests as him to increase your chances, he'll eventually find out you were lying and you'll get bored of pretending to be interested in things you don't care about.
Original post by Guru Jason
Theoretically, I suppose it's possible. You can cultivate a situation sort of Pavlovs dog where a person would release chemicals associated with what we observe as love. I mean Stockholm syndrome is also a thing.

Haha that’s not exactly what I want
I want him to truly love me for me (don’t we all lol :h:)
I wouldn’t say I was very attractive at all :frown: I may be bias but I think he’s absolutely gorgeous and a 10/10 i was worried he would be way out of my league and At the moment we’re not in an official relationship but I’m kind of scared of getting my heart broken.
It doesn't matter how attractive you think he is as long you think he is attractive enough to be good enough for you, or how attractive you think you are; what matters is how attractive he thinks you are compared to the most attractive person he thinks he can get. Even if you are a 1/10, that is no problem provided the very best he thinks he can do for himself is a 2.
It’s not that I want to move on, as I really think I’m so in love with him and that he’s “the one” but it’s just that the longer it continues I feel like the harder it will be for me to move on...
Most people have multiple "the one"s in their life - some even have several "the one"s at same time, somehow - so I wouldn't worry too much if I were you.
Literally the only thing that's worth doing is being yourself. You can make the effort to attract someone, and be the person you think they might like, but at the end of the day you can't live as someone else forever. It would be exhausting! Be yourself and the right person will come along eventually.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending