The Student Room Group

To those who blame Trump for George Floyd.. you're being played.

Democrats control and run most of America's biggest cities. Those in charge have long promised to deliver changes to the police such as more diversity and a softer touch. There is certainly a lot more diversity in the police force but what will that change exactly? Suddenly more diversity means less people will die at police hands?

In Baltimore 2015, where we saw protests and riots over the death of Freddie Gray at the hands of police did diversity matter then? The Mayor of Baltimore was Black, the two officials running the police department were Black. The state attorney, who filed chages against the six officers was Black. Of the six officers charged, three were black but their images were not released until after the outrage. This had nothing to do with White people but despite that, it's something the media pushed.

The death of George Floyd has most certainly be used as a way for Democrats to rally and defeat Trump. Many Democrat city mayors have been soft, allowing riotings and looting to happen. Their cities, which are mostly minority communities are the ones who will be effected the most.

Biden had 8 years as Vice Presidet, he's been in politics for over 45 years!

Not long ago he was saying to his rich donors, that nothing would fundamentaly change..

Yet that the guy who is going to make things all better and bring change? :colondollar:

Scroll to see replies

Trump 2020 f**k your feelings!!
It's no secret that the election of Trump emboldened racists and the far-right.
(edited 3 years ago)
I couldn't care less about George Floyd, sick of hearing his name.
There's really just no hope for American politics.
Original post by Diamond Geezer2
I couldn't care less about George Floyd, sick of hearing his name.

His name is only echoing because the USA hasn't done anything to curtail police brutality, especially towards black people.
Original post by Daveological
It's no secret that the election of Trump emboldened racists and the far-right.

:rofl3:
Original post by Theloniouss
There's really just no hope for American politics.

Honestly. How are we stuck between a rock and a hard place - again?
His name is only echoing because the USA hasn't done anything to curtail police brutality, especially towards black people.

Yeah, and that is bad and everything. But, I wish everyone would stfu about him already. What about white people who are killed at the hands of black people, their deaths go unnoticed. I don't see anyone fighting for them.

Because there is no such problem, specific to black people. Adjust for their proportion in the population and the % of crimes they commit in the US, and there is no specific bias, whether police brutality is an issue, or not.
Yeah, and that is bad and everything. But, I wish everyone would stfu about him already. What about white people who are killed at the hands of black people, their deaths go unnoticed. I don't see anyone fighting for them.

"curtail police brutality, especially towards black people"

Yup, no huge uproar over Tony Timpa's death...
Original post by TCA2b

To be honest, I've never heard of Tony Timpa.

https://theweek.com/articles/918849/what-about-police-violence-against-white-people

Did you make this account because of your previous one? @whitediamond
Don’t you know thats against the rules?
Original post by Rightperspective
Democrats control and run most of America's biggest cities. Those in charge have long promised to deliver changes to the police such as more diversity and a softer touch. There is certainly a lot more diversity in the police force but what will that change exactly? Suddenly more diversity means less people will die at police hands?

In Baltimore 2015, where we saw protests and riots over the death of Freddie Gray at the hands of police did diversity matter then? The Mayor of Baltimore was Black, the two officials running the police department were Black. The state attorney, who filed chages against the six officers was Black. Of the six officers charged, three were black but their images were not released until after the outrage. This had nothing to do with White people but despite that, it's something the media pushed.

The death of George Floyd has most certainly be used as a way for Democrats to rally and defeat Trump. Many Democrat city mayors have been soft, allowing riotings and looting to happen. Their cities, which are mostly minority communities are the ones who will be effected the most.

Biden had 8 years as Vice Presidet, he's been in politics for over 45 years!

Not long ago he was saying to his rich donors, that nothing would fundamentaly change..

Yet that the guy who is going to make things all better and bring change? :colondollar:

You miss the point Trump has played himself.
He had an opportunity as leader of all Americans when the event happened to show some leadership and some empathy/ compassion and understanding.

Instead he tried to bully his way out of it and take a very hardline, bringing in national guard, teargassing protestors, so he can pose with a bible which was exactly the opposite of what was required.

Hence it might appeal to his core, but lost of non whites will not now vote for him. Interesting election coming up. At the beginning of the year he was a dead cert to win imo. America is divided.
However much I despise Donald Trump I do not believe what’s happened with George Floyd is his fault. I blame the police union that continues to protect bad cops from dealing with the culpability of their actions towards black Americans. The economic inequality that leads to black kids growing up in deprived neighbourhoods with no good schools. The extortionate college fees that act as an obstacle for poor black people to get into good colleges and get a good job. These issues have been brewing for a long time way before Trump ever became president.

Where were you when he got killed? Certainly weren't protesting were you? Only using his death for political points.
Original post by TCA2b

The people he called to help him killed him... My goodness.
God I hate ignorant people
The people he called to help him killed him... My goodness.

He is still a human being, just the same as black people. If George Floyd's death is sad, then so is Tony Timpa's. Otherwise it'll be double standards.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending