The Student Room Group

COURSEWORK - A level English literature

Hi, I am currently struggling on what we have to do for our AQA English coursework. I'm in year 12 and supposed to start my first draft, but I am hoping someone can give me a bit of advice on where to even begin.

Would it be okay if I could message someone on here the questions that I have and give me some guidance? Preferably someone who is willing to help.

Thanks!
I can totally help! I'm in year 12 and have just finished my NEA, and so I know lots about it and how to do well. Fire away!
Reply 2
Have you looked at the advice on AQA's website? You don't say which flavour of English you are doing - this is for English Lit A and includes examples https://www.aqa.org.uk/resources/english/as-and-a-level/english-literature-a/teach/nea-resource-package - but there's stuff on all the others too.
Original post by visuals
Hi, I am currently struggling on what we have to do for our AQA English coursework. I'm in year 12 and supposed to start my first draft, but I am hoping someone can give me a bit of advice on where to even begin.

Would it be okay if I could message someone on here the questions that I have and give me some guidance? Preferably someone who is willing to help.

Thanks!

hey im in year 12 as well and I've submitted my first draft if you need help on choosing the book and how to write it ask away xx
Reply 4
Original post by Compost
Have you looked at the advice on AQA's website? You don't say which flavour of English you are doing - this is for English Lit A and includes examples https://www.aqa.org.uk/resources/english/as-and-a-level/english-literature-a/teach/nea-resource-package - but there's stuff on all the others too.

I am on english lit A and I've read through that multiple times, but I am still really confused.
Reply 5
Original post by urmarjsfav
hey im in year 12 as well and I've submitted my first draft if you need help on choosing the book and how to write it ask away xx

i’ll pm you!
any chance i could have any advice as well? just structuring the paragraphs?
Original post by charlotte.adele
any chance i could have any advice as well? just structuring the paragraphs?

basically, just make sure you know ur book well and that you have done some extra research on the book and gathered some views on the critics that have talked about the book. Essentially i picked up sophisticated words from the wider researcher i did which didn't take long at all considering i wrote it in 3 days and then formed a banging introduction which kind of set the rest of the essay for itself. Make sure you're answering the question by using the PEEL structure to back your essay so its essay to read and so its clear. Also write a plan so your not stuck on what to write and most importantly actually enjoy reading the book so that writing the essay doesn't bore you and lastly come up with your own interesting ideas that you can build on later throughout your essay even if they are little, it makes it more unique!!!
Hope this helps xxx
guys i desperately need some help i am FREAKING out
i was going through my NEA (english lang and lit) and i noticed that i made a mistake
i wrote descriptive noun instead of descriptive adjective and i want the A* so i am extremely upset about this
does anyone know if it’s a big deal ?
are the online plagiarism checkers real ? cause i put my nea through one ( my NEA is 100% mine i haven’t used anything that’s not from my head except quotes +references) but it says in the checker that i’ve plagiarised from this super obscure website that’s an english and spanish suicide helpline???????
Does the aqa look at the sources from which someone apparently plagiarised?
and say if something like that does come up, do they give you a threshold

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending