The Student Room Group

Change in parents income

My parents combined income for my student loan purposes in 2018/2019 was 59,000.00 per annum.It has now dropped to 49000.00 per annum as my father now earns 37000 per annum. since last year and will drop further to 37,000.00 as my mum is taking a masters degree in social work the next academic session. How can I reflect this before I obtain my student loan as it appears the figure on which this loan is based is much higher than current income figures.
Original post by hero1234
My parents combined income for my student loan purposes in 2018/2019 was 59,000.00 per annum.It has now dropped to 49000.00 per annum as my father now earns 37000 per annum. since last year and will drop further to 37,000.00 as my mum is taking a masters degree in social work the next academic session. How can I reflect this before I obtain my student loan as it appears the figure on which this loan is based is much higher than current income figures.

Your parents need to submit their income information and evidence requested for 2018/19 initially.

They then also need to submit estimated income for 2020/21 using the cyi form https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-forms/y/english-student-full-time/send-parent-or-partner-s-income-detail-for-example-pff2-or-cyi/2020-to-2021

SFE will then reassess based on the estimates.

After april 2021 SFE will need to verify that the estimates were correct and will either give an additional payment or demand immediate repayment of anything “overpaid” because the estimate was lower than actual income. It’s better to slightly over estimate your household income for the current tax year to avoid having to deal with an overpayment.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending