The Student Room Group

History A level

I'm doing History at A level and finding the NEA course work really tough. I don't want to go to university or do a degree, so is it possible to do the A level topics and final exams and drop the NEA course work or are they integral.
Reply 1
You need to do the NEA to get the a-level qualification. If you really don't care at all then just acknowledge you might get a bad mark on that which will drag down your overall grade

What's your NEA on? Do you know what your struggling with- can you talk to a teacher, or fellow student or anything
Reply 2
Original post by BrDy
You need to do the NEA to get the a-level qualification. If you really don't care at all then just acknowledge you might get a bad mark on that which will drag down your overall grade

What's your NEA on? Do you know what your struggling with- can you talk to a teacher, or fellow student or anything

Do you need to do NEA course work for an AS level, because I could drop down to AS level?
Reply 3
I'm like 90% certain you don't do an NEA for AS level, so if you don't need that a-level then for for it I guess?
NEAs really aren't that bad though, but like do what's best for you
Reply 4
Original post by muddlemum
I'm doing History at A level and finding the NEA course work really tough. I don't want to go to university or do a degree, so is it possible to do the A level topics and final exams and drop the NEA course work or are they integral.

You can't drop the NEA coursework as that's part of the A-Level! What specifically are you finding tough? Definitely speak to your teacher about it. :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by BrDy
I'm like 90% certain you don't do an NEA for AS level, so if you don't need that a-level then for for it I guess?
NEAs really aren't that bad though, but like do what's best for you

Thank you, I'll look into it.
Hi, I'm doing my NEA on the atomic bomb and whether it was justifiable or not. Anyone have any primary sources/historical interpretations?
i hate coursework too :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest