The Student Room Group

university choice

i am looking to do a media based course and have looked at UAL (specifically LCC) and Goldsmiths as university options - does anyone have any advice on which may be better - I've also considered the film and television course at bristol ?
Have you compared the course modules and placement opportunities to see which ones may interest you more?
Original post by AM.TSR
Have you compared the course modules and placement opportunities to see which ones may interest you more?

I have and the UAL media course seems to be broader which could be better for me as I’m not 100% on what I want to do after university so learning broader skills seems more logical but I’m more asking about university experience like London compared to Bristol and the students that go to those universities?
Original post by piavalentiner
I have and the UAL media course seems to be broader which could be better for me as I’m not 100% on what I want to do after university so learning broader skills seems more logical but I’m more asking about university experience like London compared to Bristol and the students that go to those universities?

Okay, unfortunately I can't really talk on that aspect since I don't go to either of those universities but @University of the Arts London Student Reps & @Goldsmiths, University of London might be able to help.
i am looking to do a media based course and have looked at UAL (specifically LCC) and Goldsmiths as university options - does anyone have any advice on which may be better - I've also considered the film and television course at bristol ?

Hi @piavalentiner,

Great to hear UAL, specifically LCC are on your short list! I really recommend jumping on the UCAS site, and talking to one of our current Media students from LCC to get more information - I am sure that would be really useful in you decision making.

Find the link to chat to UAL students here - https://www.ucas.com/chat-to-students?unibuddy=buddies?universityId=5ed0bf8889059a00d827b38a

Let me know if you have any other questions,

Thanks,
Matthew
Student Recruitment Officer

Hi there! :hello:

If you'd like to learn more about Media programmes at Goldsmiths, we do have a virtual open week coming up at the beginning of July! You can (virtually) meet current students and academics, hear more about our programmes and ask any questions you may have about studying at Goldsmiths. If you'd like to register your interest for the event you can do so here www.gold.ac.uk/open-days/.

In the meantime, if you have any specific questions about the course feel free to contact me! :smile:

-Miranda

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending