The Student Room Group

In love with nephew

This will sound truly horrifying, but I'm attracted to my nephew.

Right, I have recently discovered that my father had another daughter, my half-sister. She has a son around my age and I really like him, but feel that it will never be acceptable. Nobody knows about my crush, but I think he likes me too as he is always complimenting me, saying I am pretty and how he would like to meet a girl like me. We have been to the cinema before and on dates but just as friends. My dad or his daughter don't know I like him, and I'm afraid they'll find out. I promise I'm not trolling, I just need tips on what to do?

Scroll to see replies

Sweet Home Alabama
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I promise I'm not trolling, I just need tips on what to do?

Stop, move on, don't have such thoughts again.
Reply 3
Original post by WoodlandSorcerer
Sweet Home Alabama

What's that supposed to mean?
Reply 4
Original post by Neilos
Stop, move on, don't have such thoughts again.

I can't just switch my feelings off.
Reply 5
What's that supposed to mean?

It happens quite a lot there :smile:
Original post by WoodlandSorcerer
Sweet Home Alabama

Yee-haw!!

Right, I have recently discovered that my father had another daughter, my half-sister. She has a son around my age and I really like him, but feel that it will never be acceptable. Nobody knows about my crush, but I think he likes me too as he is always complimenting me, saying I am pretty and how he would like to meet a girl like me. We have been to the cinema before and on dates but just as friends. My dad or his daughter don't know I like him, and I'm afraid they'll find out. I promise I'm not trolling, I just need tips on what to do?

Right, I am going to quote a good Quora post on the matter because I od not think you are a troll

"Incestuous thoughts are thoughts like any other thoughts. When you think thoughts repeatedly, especially if you are visualizing doing something, you are more likely to do the thing you’ve repeatedly thought about doing.

Since incestuous thoughts are thoughts about something you shouldn’t do and something that may cause grave harm to people you are supposed to love, care for, and/or protect, incestuous thoughts should be re-directed to appropriate thoughts.

As soon as you realize you are thinking incestuous thoughts, recognize the danger and identify some thoughts you could use to replace the incestuous thoughts. Think about appropriate sexual relationships.

Like any thought, when you repeatedly think incestuous thoughts, it builds neuro-pathways that make it more likely your thoughts will travel that thought path again. That is the opposite of what you want when it comes to incestuous thoughts.

Let’s say you notice that a relative is entering puberty and you find yourself feeling attractive, do two things:

Reinforce an appropriate relationship of protector in your thoughts,
Every time you notice yourself thinking these thoughts, as soon as you notice you are thinking one of these thoughts, re-direct your thoughts to an appropriate outlet for your sexual urges.
Do not:

Masturbate while fantasizing about the person.
Put yourself in situations where you are alone with the person and might feel tempted to act on your thoughts.
Define yourself as bad for having the thoughts. Define yourself as human but in control of your actions and able to exert self-control.
The problem with defining yourself as bad is that once you decide you are bad, acting on the thoughts is consistent with your belief about yourself.
Do seek counseling if you are worried you will act on your thoughts.

Do set an intention that you will be aware as soon as you think inappropriate thoughts so that you can redirect them faster. An intention is like a mantra you tell yourself:

Any time I begin thinking thoughts I do not want to act upon, or thoughts where taking action will be inappropriate, I will recognize that I am doing so and re-direct my thoughts to more appropriate topics.

You can control yourself, including your thoughts. If you need help, get it."

Can't you not find anyone else apart from family !!!

Its illegal if you going to have more than friends as you can't be with immediate family in any relationship, I think its anything under third cousin is illegal so should just be niece and nephew okay .
Unfortunately you can't be together as you's blood related and you can look up this information and see what it says okay. As it stands tell him you can't be with him as both would be in trouble, and even worse when parents find out on both sides.
I just need tips on what to do?

don’t do anything, he’s your n e p h e w. move on and find some other lad
Brazzers would like to know your location
(edited 3 years ago)

https://www.theguardian.com/theguardian/2003/may/17/weekend7.weekend2 its called genetic sexual attraction

just don't act act on it. it's weird af lmaoo
Original post by Brutal Bee
I can't even... feel sick.

We were not brought up together. I never even knew he existed until a month ago. It is wrong for two family members to date, obviously. However, I really like him and see us being together.
We were not brought up together. I never even knew he existed until a month ago. It is wrong for two family members to date, obviously. However, I really like him and see us being together.

Yeah that's not happening, even if it is basically as if you were strangers.
Original post by Daveological
Yeah that's not happening, even if it is basically as if you were strangers.

Maybe, I'll never be happy then.
Maybe, I'll never be happy then.

You'll fall in love again, don't worry.
As I mentioned before, I'll never be happy without him, I'll never find anyone who'll make me feel the way he does.
As I mentioned before, I'll never be happy without him, I'll never find anyone who'll make me feel the way he does.

Yes you will, and they won't be your nephew.
Original post by AM.TSR
Yes you will, and they won't be your nephew.

But, I've fallen in love with him and I've never felt this way about anyone before. I will never find another person like him, even if I do eventually meet someone else. He is a good person, but maybe I should move and never allow anyone to discover my secret. Though it will be hard to forget him.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending