The Student Room Group

Geography NEA

Anyone doing a Geography NEA? Got an A* in mine so might be able to help👍🏽

Scroll to see replies

If you got to this forum, you will be able to find people who need help :h:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=83
Hi @dbainsI’m not yet doing it, just in the process of getting started and will hopefully complete most of it over the summer. What advice would you give on deciding on a title. I am VERY indecisive and I’m not sure where I should go title ways and teachers haven’t offered much support in a theme/title which is pretty much essential to start lol. Thank you in advanced and well done on your a*!!
Reply 3
Original post by Hehehshdhs
Hi @dbainsI’m not yet doing it, just in the process of getting started and will hopefully complete most of it over the summer. What advice would you give on deciding on a title. I am VERY indecisive and I’m not sure where I should go title ways and teachers haven’t offered much support in a theme/title which is pretty much essential to start lol. Thank you in advanced and well done on your a*!!

You should do your NEA on something you enjoy, and relate to something you want to be in the future. If you prefer physical geo for example, think about a physical NEA. If you’re struggling for ideas, let me know and I’ll tell you what I did / what others did in my class. You have so many options and so much time so just try get some ideas down, but don’t limit yourself.
Original post by dbains
Anyone doing a Geography NEA? Got an A* in mine so might be able to help👍🏽

hey please can i have some help? im in yr 12 so not sure if most people are starting there's now or if it's something you do in yr 13. anyways, i doubt my class will finish the course next year, as we still haven't done some of the work for yr 12. my teacher hasn't told me anything about the nea, but i want to do as much work possible during the summer so i have time to revise next yr. as someone who knows NOTHING about it, can you please explain what it is and what you're expected to write about. Also could you please give examples as i have no idea what my question for it would be :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by dbains
You should do your NEA on something you enjoy, and relate to something you want to be in the future. If you prefer physical geo for example, think about a physical NEA. If you’re struggling for ideas, let me know and I’ll tell you what I did / what others did in my class. You have so many options and so much time so just try get some ideas down, but don’t limit yourself.

What topic did you do your NEA on?
Reply 6
Original post by Sorara
What topic did you do your NEA on?

Urban heat islands and how they’re affected by various factors
Reply 7
Original post by Tkt12345
hey please can i have some help? im in yr 12 so not sure if most people are starting there's now or if it's something you do in yr 13. anyways, i doubt my class will finish the course next year, as we still haven't done some of the work for yr 12. my teacher hasn't told me anything about the nea, but i want to do as much work possible during the summer so i have time to revise next yr. as someone who knows NOTHING about it, can you please explain what it is and what you're expected to write about. Also could you please give examples as i have no idea what my question for it would be :smile:

NEA is 20% of your final grade, and you can choose to talk about whatever you want. You should write about something you enjoy, so if you prefer physical geo do a physical NEA. For examples, I did mine on urban heat islands and what factors affect them. Others tested the liveability of certain areas, some tested how the price of coffee varied as you get closed to a city centre - you can literally write about anything you want as long as it links to the spec😁
Hope this helps
Do you have any top tips for them?
And do you have to reference everything fully?
Reply 9
Original post by laurawatt
Do you have any top tips for them?
And do you have to reference everything fully?

Start early is probably the best advice I can give. It’s 20% which is a decent chunk, so if you can put effort in and get an A*, you’re putting yourself at a massive advantage. You do have to reference everything, which is quite a pain, so just track every website or resource you use. Also, make your question as open as possible, so you can write as much as you like
Original post by dbains
NEA is 20% of your final grade, and you can choose to talk about whatever you want. You should write about something you enjoy, so if you prefer physical geo do a physical NEA. For examples, I did mine on urban heat islands and what factors affect them. Others tested the liveability of certain areas, some tested how the price of coffee varied as you get closed to a city centre - you can literally write about anything you want as long as it links to the spec😁
Hope this helps

wow really coffee? thank you! how much are u expected to write?
Reply 11
wow really coffee? thank you! how much are u expected to write?

Coffee was just an example, can be anything really. My NEA was 13,000 words, but it was mostly graphs and pictures. I probably did way more that I was supposed to but I wanted to guarantee top marks - if you want i can send it to you, so you can see the structure etc. ?
Original post by dbains
Coffee was just an example, can be anything really. My NEA was 13,000 words, but it was mostly graphs and pictures. I probably did way more that I was supposed to but I wanted to guarantee top marks - if you want i can send it to you, so you can see the structure etc. ?

yeah that would be great if you dont mind?
Hiya, I've just seen this thread and am also struggling on where to start with my NEA. I would also really appreciate if you could also send me a copy just so I can see the structure and how you have layed the whole project out? although my title isn't related to yours I would really appreciate the guidance :wink:
does anyone have any ideas for an NEA title on changing places?
Reply 15
yeah that would be great if you dont mind?

Will send it through later today, can you drop me your email address please?
Reply 16
Original post by isabellajackson
Hiya, I've just seen this thread and am also struggling on where to start with my NEA. I would also really appreciate if you could also send me a copy just so I can see the structure and how you have layed the whole project out? although my title isn't related to yours I would really appreciate the guidance :wink:

I can send it through later today if that’s ok - can I have your email address please?
Original post by dbains
I can send it through later today if that’s ok - can I have your email address please?

Yes that works fine, thank you so much
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by isabellajackson
Yes that works fine, thank you so much.

Sent it through :smile:
Original post by dbains
Will send it through later today, can you drop me your email address please?

thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending