The Student Room Group

International Business and Tourism Management at GCU

Hi, I was looking to change my course from International Business and Tourism Management to International Business. Has anyone had any experience in changing course before beginning?
p.s. I am entering 3rd year with an HND in Travel and Tourism
Hi, sorry to not answer your question but I am looking to study your original course. Any reason why you’re changing?? Thanks :smile:
Reply 2
Just not going to continue a career in Tourism. I am changing to IT and business is more relevant. :smile:
Original post by Robertabr
Just not going to continue a career in Tourism. I am changing to IT and business is more relevant. :smile:

Fair enough but your original course 'international business and tourism management' wouldn't it have business related modules/units anyway right? just that tourism is added as an extra aspect.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 4
Yeah but is structured around the tourism industry. Some of the modules include ethics in tourism, urban regional regeneration, destination development which apply to tourism only.
Yeah but is structured around the tourism industry. Some of the modules include ethics in tourism, urban regional regeneration, destination development which apply to tourism only.

True. Well you’ve made a valid point in a way. I have a degree in “International tourism business management” and it concerns me that it only focuses on the aspects of tourism businesses only... although skills could be transferable from one career to another. If I had to change one thing I think i would have a done a degree more specifically in business management/international business just like yourself as its an all rounder I guess. On a positive note I think you’ve made a really fair and good decision.
Reply 6
Original post by Success777
True. Well you’ve made a valid point in a way. I have a degree in “International tourism business management” and it concerns me that it only focuses on the aspects of tourism businesses only... although skills could be transferable from one career to another. If I had to change one thing I think i would have a done a degree more specifically in business management/international business just like yourself as its an all rounder I guess. On a positive note I think you’ve made a really fair and good decision.

Now it's down to the uni to accept for me to change. Since I am entering 3rd year with an HND in travel and tourism, it might be a bit difficult.
Now it's down to the uni to accept for me to change. Since I am entering 3rd year with an HND in travel and tourism, it might be a bit difficult.

All the best bud! Hope it works out! Good luck! 👍

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending