The Student Room Group

Border Force Officer (2020 thread)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by vanessawozny
There are so many threads and they're all muddled from previous years. So I thought I'd start a new one for this year so people can post current updates.

I applied May 19 for BFAO (although they've called it Project Aug now) and after months of being on the reserve list, I finally received a provisional offer three weeks ago. I completed the forms for SC and passed. I received an email a few days ago saying that someone will get in contact to confirm my start date or to let me know what will happen next.

Has anyone been through this yet? Or is anyone in the same position as I am? I would like to know how long it will take for them to get back to me. It's incredibly frustrating having to wait so long for things to move forward. Especially as they seem to keep moving my location and have no clue what is going on or where I'll be.

I applied in November 2018... I finally had my interview in March 2020, fortunately i passed the interview & back to a waiting game. I have seen on some other posts that the recruitment team are working, its just the matter of waiting. I think other regions maybe quicker than others, I haven't seen much movement in the North East across the forums :frown:. Anyone here applied for the North East region & had a recent update?

Fingers crossed we'll all hear something soon. Where did you apply for / location?
Reply 21
Original post by MarcJ89
I applied in November 2018... I finally had my interview in March 2020, fortunately i passed the interview & back to a waiting game. I have seen on some other posts that the recruitment team are working, its just the matter of waiting. I think other regions maybe quicker than others, I haven't seen much movement in the North East across the forums :frown:. Anyone here applied for the North East region & had a recent update?

Fingers crossed we'll all hear something soon. Where did you apply for / location?

How long where you on the reserve list I’m on from feb 20
Reply 22
Original post by MarcJ89

That's an incredibly long wait! What role did you apply for? I'm hoping for Felixstowe Heathrow or Folkstone, fingers crossed things are moving a little quicker at one of these. I've applied for a RTFO position.
Reply 23
Original post by mcclorp
How long where you on the reserve list I’m on from feb 20

I went on the reserve list March 2020, i waited around 16 months just for an interview lol.
Reply 24
Original post by Stferr
That's an incredibly long wait! What role did you apply for? I'm hoping for Felixstowe Heathrow or Folkstone, fingers crossed things are moving a little quicker at one of these. I've applied for a RTFO position.

Yep... 16 months just for an interview and then on the reserve list since March 2020. I've applied for the Northern region, which includes Newcastle Airport, hopefully i'll hear something soon but i'm not holding my breath! I read somewhere that someone who applied for the BFO had been contacted to see if they would be interested in the RTF position as an alternative position. They're both 'Officer' jobs, so i'm hopeful i'll hear something soon.

Take a look at the this thread if you haven't already >> https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5288590&p=89280060&page=283&highlight=Border+force+2018#post89280060 << Seems to be movement on Heathrow jobs, not sure about Felixstowe or Folkstone though. I am genuinely shocked at how long the process is though, fingers crossed we'll all get there soon :biggrin:.
Reply 25
Original post by MarcJ89
Yep... 16 months just for an interview and then on the reserve list since March 2020. I've applied for the Northern region, which includes Newcastle Airport, hopefully i'll hear something soon but i'm not holding my breath! I read somewhere that someone who applied for the BFO had been contacted to see if they would be interested in the RTF position as an alternative position. They're both 'Officer' jobs, so i'm hopeful i'll hear something soon.

Take a look at the this thread if you haven't already >> https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5288590&p=89280060&page=283&highlight=Border+force+2018#post89280060 << Seems to be movement on Heathrow jobs, not sure about Felixstowe or Folkstone though. I am genuinely shocked at how long the process is though, fingers crossed we'll all get there soon :biggrin:.

I’m waiting from feb on list what score did u achieve
I applied for belfast docks BFO march 2019 and went through the interview etc and heard nothing until December 2019 and got an email saying I was at the standard required but could not offer me the job immediately and put on a reserve list then march 2020 got another email a provisional offer for a different role it was for a executive BFO 🤷*♂️so I accepted the offer and now been waiting for 4 weeks for pre employment checks but heard nothing yet, don't know what's happening and would really love to understand what AHA means and how long the training is and what location its held in etc any help would be appreciated cheers
Original post by Jdogg2342
I applied for belfast docks BFO march 2019 and went through the interview etc and heard nothing until December 2019 and got an email saying I was at the standard required but could not offer me the job immediately and put on a reserve list then march 2020 got another email a provisional offer for a different role it was for a executive BFO 🤷*♂️so I accepted the offer and now been waiting for 4 weeks for pre employment checks but heard nothing yet, don't know what's happening and would really love to understand what AHA means and how long the training is and what location its held in etc any help would be appreciated cheers

AHA = Annual hours agreement. They pay you a certain percentage ontop of your salary to work shifts etc. Rather than have a set amount of hours a week your commitment is to fill the hours for the whole year. Some weeks you might do less some weeks more.
Original post by 21222324
AHA = Annual hours agreement. They pay you a certain percentage ontop of your salary to work shifts etc. Rather than have a set amount of hours a week your commitment is to fill the hours for the whole year. Some weeks you might do less some weeks more.

Aw ok so is that on top of the basic salary then each month cool thank you , you any idea the training duration, location
Reply 29
Original post by Jdogg2342
Aw ok so is that on top of the basic salary then each month cool thank you , you any idea the training duration, location

Can be anywhere in UK
Anyone on here get contacted regarding belfast docks BFO positions
Reply 31
Original post by mcclorp
I’m waiting from feb on list what score did u achieve

I think 28 or 29, You? I’m hoping with restrictions lifting we’ll all have some movement soon, fingers crossed.
Reply 32
Original post by MarcJ89
I think 28 or 29, You? I’m hoping with restrictions lifting we’ll all have some movement soon, fingers crossed.

I got 28 strong demonstration what location you apply for
Original post by MarcJ89

Hey, congrats on passing the interview. It really is a long waiting game honestly.

I’ve finally received a start date for the 1st September for Tilbury.
Reply 34
Northern region mate, you?

I think my preference was Newcastle Airport, South Shields (port) & Teesport.

Ive seen people mention they’ve been offered alternative roles, like the RTF position. I’d be interested in that if it’s offered, I’ve waited since Nov18, sure I can wait a little longer (as much as I don’t want to lol)
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 35
Original post by MarcJ89
Northern region mate, you?

I think my preference was Newcastle Airport, South Shields (port) & Teesport.

Ive seen people mention they’ve been offered alternative roles, like the RTF position. I’d be interested in that if it’s offered, I’ve waited since Nov18, sure I can wait a little longer (as much as I don’t want to lol)

I applied for Poole Newhaven and Fishguard I was then put onto list for stansted and Gatwick in May but I haven’t heard anything about these locations on here
Reply 36
Original post by mcclorp
I applied for Poole Newhaven and Fishguard I was then put onto list for stansted and Gatwick in May but I haven’t heard anything about these locations on here

Has anyone on here applied for any of these locations
I applied for Gatwick and got 31 points and strong demonstration and waiting to hear. Anyone in the same boat?
Reply 38
Original post by Emilia_bxxxx
I applied for Gatwick and got 31 points and strong demonstration and waiting to hear. Anyone in the same boat?

Yes I got 28 and strong demonstration I’m wondering how they take people from list do they take all the outstanding then strong
Original post by Emilia_bxxxx

I received Overall score
General Comments
Outstanding Demonstration not exactly sure what that even means but was for BFO belfast docks but was offered a different role to what I applied for they sent me new details for executive border force officer to me sounds exactly the same position.. 🤔 So waiting on email to say pre employment checks are complete but really cautious about giving notice to my current employer as I was told not to until final checks are done but it's like July an I can't just leave my job immediately without proper notice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending