The Student Room Group

2015 Ford Fiesta good first car for a 18 year old girl?

^^?
I’ve seen one I like but I’m worried it’s not a nice car for my age/gender (silly I know). I learnt in one so I know they’re nice to drive. Opinions please ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You might want to consider something slightly smaller and with a lower insurance group.
Reply 2
Original post by Compost
You might want to consider something slightly smaller and with a lower insurance group.

You can't get much smaller than a Fiesta really. The only things smaller will be the likes of the Aygo/C1/Up!/Citigo etc which are all more city cars. If OP is going to be on A-roads/motorway a lot then the next segment up would be a better choice. Not to say that those smaller cars won't cope with that kind of driving, but the next segment up (Yaris/Polo/Fiesta/Fabia/Corsa/Ibiza) will be quieter and less fatiguing on longer drives due to the extra sound insulation and more engine options.

Everyone and their Nan had a Fiesta as a young driver so they're pretty standard first cars IMO, especially with the 1.25 engine that a lot of them had.
Reply 3
Perfect first cars, especially if you're used to driving one.
Reply 4
Original post by Lauododns
^^?
I’ve seen one I like but I’m worried it’s not a nice car for my age/gender (silly I know). I learnt in one so I know they’re nice to drive. Opinions please ?

My first car was a 2015 Ford Fiesta. Great first car with plenty of kit and room. Couldn't recommend it more :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 5
My first two cars were ford fiestas :smile: brilliant first cars, generally quite cheap to repair and insure as well :smile:

Also I'm female and got my first car at 18 :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Compost

I don’t think it’s that big? The one I’ve seen is a 2 door so it’s slightly smaller than a 4 door (I think?)
Reply 7
Original post by Nuffles
You can't get much smaller than a Fiesta really. The only things smaller will be the likes of the Aygo/C1/Up!/Citigo etc which are all more city cars. If OP is going to be on A-roads/motorway a lot then the next segment up would be a better choice. Not to say that those smaller cars won't cope with that kind of driving, but the next segment up (Yaris/Polo/Fiesta/Fabia/Corsa/Ibiza) will be quieter and less fatiguing on longer drives due to the extra sound insulation and more engine options.

Everyone and their Nan had a Fiesta as a young driver so they're pretty standard first cars IMO, especially with the 1.25 engine that a lot of them had.

Struggling to understand this ngl ahahahah. My first car i wanted was an Ibiza and I seen a nice 2014 for like £6000 but my parents said not to go for such an expensive first car.
Reply 8
Original post by DrD_1598
Perfect first cars, especially if you're used to driving one.

Yeah well I find it very forgiving and easy to drive!!:smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Joshkav
My first car was a 2015 Ford Fiesta. Great first car with plenty of kit and room. Couldn't recommend it more :smile:

Aw great! Thanks! I think they are very nice!!:smile:
Reply 10
Original post by emilina
My first two cars were ford fiestas :smile: brilliant first cars, generally quite cheap to repair and insure as well :smile:

Also I'm female and got my first car at 18 :smile:

Aw didn’t know they were cheap to repair and insure!! That’s good to know thank u!!:smile:
I don’t think it’s that big? The one I’ve seen is a 2 door so it’s slightly smaller than a 4 door (I think?)

They're not huge but there are smaller cars which would have advantages in terms of running costs, parking and the environmental impact. Do you actually need a car this big? Y
Reply 12
Original post by Compost
They're not huge but there are smaller cars which would have advantages in terms of running costs, parking and the environmental impact. Do you actually need a car this big? Y

I don’t think it’s that big?:/ item a very small person so I need certain features in a car for me to be comfortable and fiestas have that, they are also not too pricey so It’s a good option for me?
^^?

Its an alright car for Your first car to be honest.
I don’t think it’s that big?:/ item a very small person so I need certain features in a car for me to be comfortable and fiestas have that, they are also not too pricey so It’s a good option for me?

(Get your parents to) buy what ever you want. You asked for opinions and I've tried to suggest some reasons why a Fiesta might not be perfect - student parking can be a ***** which makes small beautiful - but honestly, you seem to want a Fiesta so I'd say go ahead and get one.
Reply 15
Original post by Compost
(Get your parents to) buy what ever you want. You asked for opinions and I've tried to suggest some reasons why a Fiesta might not be perfect - student parking can be a ***** which makes small beautiful - but honestly, you seem to want a Fiesta so I'd say go ahead and get one.

Why would I get my parents to buy me my car when I’ve saved my own money?:/ I just feel like your being a bit rude about it that’s all saying I shouldn’t get a big car but I’m just saying it’s what I’ve learnt in and I really don’t find it too big at all. And it’s a nicely priced car? I liked the ibizas which are a bit smaller I think as they are cheap to run also put they’re like over £6000 for a nice year. And I don’t want too spend that much on a first car
Reply 16
Original post by Juanita149
Its an alright car for Your first car to be honest.

Alright...haha. Do you have any other suggestions x:smile:
Original post by Compost

The difference in running costs, fuel economy and parking between say a Fiesta with an economical engine and an Aygo (for example) are marginal. I'd for sure prefer the slightly larger one for the extra interior room, more space for passengers, larger boot, and more comfortable drive.

A current gen 1 litre Aygo is 3.45m long, has a 10m turning circle, has 68bhp, has four seats, is insurance group 7, and has 168 litres of luggage capacity. It's rated for 50-60mpg.

A previous gen 1.25 litre Fiesta is 3.95m long (only 30cm longer), has a 10m turning circle (same), has 80bhp (more power), has five seats (more seats), is insurance group 6 (whaaaaaaat?) and has 295 litres of luggage capacity. And is rated for 51mpg.

Unless you literally never leave the city something like a Fiesta or a Polo is a far better all-round car.

I'm probably a bit biased cos I like bigger cars. The smallest car I've owned was a Morris Minor and everything else has been a Golf or bigger.
Alright...haha. Do you have any other suggestions x:smile:

Before you think about buying, get quotes for insurance first, so you can take that into account for your budget.
Reply 19
I bought a 2003 Ford Fieta Finesse 1.25 in 2015 when it had only done 30k odd miles. It has now done 92k and it is still going strong. I would recommend a Ford Fiesta to anyone, they are almost bulletproof and when they do go wrong are cheap to repair.

Although my car is still going strong and has done 92k I am looking at getting a newer car (sticking to Ford) just because I want something more modern and piece of mind that it will have a 2 yr warranty and get me through the next 3 years of commuting.
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending