The Student Room Group

NYPD Finds No Criminality After Officers Sickened At Shake Shack

Whilst the investigations are still ongoing it would not be that great a leap of logic to assume the motivation behind this most cowardly act.

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2020/06/15/nypd-investigating-possible-poisoning-of-3-officers-at-shake-shack-in-manhattan/

Scroll to see replies

What's the motivation then?
Reply 2
If it was deliberate, thats absolutely sickening. That officer had nothing to do with any of what is going on right now.
Reply 3
Original post by Mihaly

Hilarious :rolleyes:
Original post by Mihaly

I wonder 🤔
Original post by Napp
Hilarious :rolleyes:

Say it.
Reply 6
Original post by Mihaly
Say it.

Yeah, i'm not getting drawn into your odd variation on sealioning. If you have a point, make it already.
Original post by Napp
Yeah, i'm not getting drawn into your odd variation on sealioning. If you have a point, make it already.

You mentioned motivation. I'm only asking what you think the said motivation may have been?

It's an odd thing to get defensive about.
Reply 8
Original post by Mihaly
You mentioned motivation. I'm only asking what you think the said motivation may have been?

It's an odd thing to get defensive about.

Theres a difference between irritated and defensive. I suggest you learn it.
Original post by Napp
Theres a difference between irritated and defensive. I suggest you learn it.

I'm sorry I'm not privacy to your emotions.

So what was the motivation then?
@Stiff Little Fingers will be donating towards the defendants legal fees.
Reply 11
Original post by Napp
Whilst the investigations are still ongoing it would not be that great a leap of logic to assume the motivation behind this most cowardly act.

Hardly surprising if it did, with the incessant incitement to hatred of the police by the left and their media complex. Maybe they saw thousands of people in the streets calling for their defunding or plain abolition, they are paraded as a racist block and a tool of oppression, we have people in this forum maintaining that every black person should fear for their lives when they see one. What else can we expect from this insidious and subversive incitement to hatred we are force-fed everyday through every possible means? Pigs in a blanket, fry like bacon, isn't that what they shout?
Reply 12
CBS seem a bit confused about this: this is the title in the link...

NYPD: No Criminality After Officers Sickened At Shake Shack

Followed by this...

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — A possible hate crime against police is being investigated at the Shake Shack in downtown Manhattan.

Sources told CBS2 three officers became sick when they had shakes from the restaurant located at Broadway and Fulton Street earlier Monday night.

The NYPD suspects an employee may have contaminated the shakes with bleach.

Still, we have our orders. The media world has completely, entirely and lost their credibility, journalism is no more.
Having been to shake shack before, that officer could have just had a normal meal...

Seriously, however, that is sickening. I hope the perpetrator faces the full force of the law.
Reply 14
Original post by Andrew97
Seriously, however, that is sickening. I hope the perpetrator faces the full force of the law.

There was no perpetrator, NYPD have said there was no crime. It's in the link, says in the title. Why don't people read the links before they comment, it's from a well established news source.

I give up on this, it's been updated again. It simply had to be made to match the headline. We'll look it up again in 5 minutes.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Mihaly
I'm sorry I'm not privacy to your emotions.

So what was the motivation then?

In light of what's going on?
My guess is a BLM supporter.
Original post by Dara Dahl
@Stiff Little Fingers will be donating towards the defendants legal fees.

Ah yes, because there are only two positions - believe police brutality is fine or believe individual officers deserve to be poisoned :rolleyes: - I completely disapprove of the police as an institution, they are inherently violent & cruel and do not protect people or prevent crime, and I don't have any sympathy for those who injure themselves trying to brutalise citizens. That doesn't mean I want them dead, I want the police as an institution abolished and the officers to get real jobs.
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
Ah yes, because there are only two positions - believe police brutality is fine or believe individual officers deserve to be poisoned :rolleyes: - I completely disapprove of the police as an institution, they are inherently violent & cruel and do not protect people or prevent crime, and I don't have any sympathy for those who injure themselves trying to brutalise citizens. That doesn't mean I want them dead, I want the police as an institution abolished and the officers to get real jobs.

Aww well it's to know that your humanity extends to not wanting the "pigs" dead.

So exactly whose 'real job' is it to protect you against crime?
Aww well it's to know that your humanity extends to not wanting the "pigs" dead.

You’re going down the rabbit hole my friend...

My humanity extends to not wanting anyone dead, and that's what police do - they murder and they enforce violence against minorities.

Definitely not the police - they do not protect people from crime, ask any gender, racial or sexual minority who've had to deal with them while trying to report a crime. What the police do is create crime - remember that when the NYPD went on strike, major crime actually fell: www.latimes.com/science/sciencenow/la-sci-sn-proactive-policing-crime-20170925-story.html

Quick Reply