The Student Room Group

HELP period problem

i had unprotected sex 4 months ago, i’ve had 4 periods since, but now my june one has been missed. i’m very bloated and don’t know what to do

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
i had unprotected sex 4 months ago, i’ve had 4 periods since, but now my june one has been missed. i’m very bloated and don’t know what to do

Have you done a pregnancy test for peace of mind ?

Bloating of stomach can be caused by something you eaten or you maybe lactose torelate of dairy food .

Perhaps talking to your GP will help you more okay .

I'm a midwife and only suggesting a pregnancy test incase you maybe are pregnant but hopefully not ok. Are you being sick a lot to .
Reply 2
Have you done a pregnancy test for peace of mind ?

Bloating of stomach can be caused by something you eaten or you maybe lactose torelate of dairy food .

Perhaps talking to your GP will help you more okay .

I'm a midwife and only suggesting a pregnancy test incase you maybe are pregnant but hopefully not ok. Are you being sick a lot to .

not able to get a test. haven’t had any symptoms only feeling sick today which was because i stared my birth control again hoping it would start my period. i’ve been feeling bloated for about 5 days now, and it’s been very bloated, one side of my stomach is more swollen than the other, yesterday i was getting period pains and heavy discharge but still no period. my friends are telling me i couldn’t possibly be pregnant since i’ve had 4 periods since the incident. i’m just very worried incase
not able to get a test. haven’t had any symptoms only feeling sick today which was because i stared my birth control again hoping it would start my period. i’ve been feeling bloated for about 5 days now, and it’s been very bloated, one side of my stomach is more swollen than the other, yesterday i was getting period pains and heavy discharge but still no period. my friends are telling me i couldn’t possibly be pregnant since i’ve had 4 periods since the incident. i’m just very worried incase

Although you could be pregnant as you still discharge some blood during it ... But hopefully you won't be but only way to be sure is get a test from any chemist's - as some of the big branches of chemists are open to everything.

If the bloating been going on that length why not just phone NHS 24 and ask for some advice on it as probably getting a GP will be difficult at moment .
There's many causes of bloated / swollen stomach as can be anything and makes it harder to try and assist you but I would say that you should talk to NHS 24 on 111 and they will help you more okay, as can't continue with things how they are with it .
Reply 4
Although you could be pregnant as you still discharge some blood during it ... But hopefully you won't be but only way to be sure is get a test from any chemist's - as some of the big branches of chemists are open to everything.

If the bloating been going on that length why not just phone NHS 24 and ask for some advice on it as probably getting a GP will be difficult at moment .
There's many causes of bloated / swollen stomach as can be anything and makes it harder to try and assist you but I would say that you should talk to NHS 24 on 111 and they will help you more okay, as can't continue with things how they are with it .

is it really possible to be pregnant after 4 week long heavy periods?!
is it really possible to be pregnant after 4 week long heavy periods?!

If you having full normal periods over four or five days each month then no you shouldn't be pregnant. But if it was only light blood each month then there's a slight chance but sounds like you may not be if it is been heavy each day over the duration of period every month .
Reply 6
If you having full normal periods over four or five days each month then no you shouldn't be pregnant. But if it was only light blood each month then there's a slight chance but sounds like you may not be if it is been heavy each day over the duration of period every month .

they were all a week long and as heavy as they normally are. if i was to be pregnant it would be 16 weeks, i haven’t had any symptoms at all so i pray i’m not
they were all a week long and as heavy as they normally are. if i was to be pregnant it would be 16 weeks, i haven’t had any symptoms at all so i pray i’m not

Yeah 16 weeks and some signs of a bump would be there to.
If they all been normal periods then no way that you should be pregnant ok.

No morning sickness throughout the day then you fine hopefully.

As I said to bloating / swollen stomach can be a number of different things that can cause it to go that way like indigestion, IBS, certain foods, constipation but best way is to ask the NHS 24 or GP for further advice on this because you been this way for almost a week so you should be seeking help from GP or NHS 24 .
Try excersing more plus drink water to see if it helps .
Reply 8
Yeah 16 weeks and some signs of a bump would be there to.
If they all been normal periods then no way that you should be pregnant ok.

No morning sickness throughout the day then you fine hopefully.

As I said to bloating / swollen stomach can be a number of different things that can cause it to go that way like indigestion, IBS, certain foods, constipation but best way is to ask the NHS 24 or GP for further advice on this because you been this way for almost a week so you should be seeking help from GP or NHS 24 .
Try excersing more plus drink water to see if it helps .

okay thank you, i will probably call when my mum is out of the house, or is threre any way i can do like an online chat?
okay thank you, i will probably call when my mum is out of the house, or is threre any way i can do like an online chat?

You need to phone them either way for an appointment with GP or NHS 24 111 helpline okay .

Oh you can't do it untill nobody in house which suspect you either under a certain age and need to sort it out privately.
You need to phone them either way for an appointment with GP or NHS 24 111 helpline okay .

Oh you can't do it untill nobody in house which suspect you either under a certain age and need to sort it out privately.

i’m 16 and my mum would probably hear me having a conversation like that and ask me questions, she knows i had sex and grounded me for 2 months. so i definitely cannot let her know this has happened, she will think i lied about my previous periods
i’m 16 and my mum would probably hear me having a conversation like that and ask me questions, she knows i had sex and grounded me for 2 months. so i definitely cannot let her know this has happened, she will think i lied about my previous periods

Yeah I can understand your concerns about your mum asking you because of your age. Nothing worse in getting grounded like . I had the same with my mum when I was about your age telling me about sex etc but that's parents for you.

See normally I would be telling young girls like yourself to be cautious and use protection untill you bit older as I hate seeing young girls having kids especially when they still sort of one themselves although you could be classed as a adult now . Its just because I see so many young girls in my job giving birth so just be careful when you do things again okay. I am not giving you a lecture on it .

You could talk to her about the bloating & swollen stomach as you never know she may be helpful about it .
Well if you having normal periods then why is she thinking otherwise.

You certainly need to get this looked at asap as been about a week with bloating & swollen stomach and it can't go on any longer without getting this seen to
I know you want a empty house to phone your GP or NHS 24 for help but remember you can't continue with bloating or a swollen stomach okay incase it gets more serious which you won't want .
Yeah I can understand your concerns about your mum asking you because of your age. Nothing worse in getting grounded like . I had the same with my mum when I was about your age telling me about sex etc but that's parents for you.

See normally I would be telling young girls like yourself to be cautious and use protection untill you bit older as I hate seeing young girls having kids especially when they still sort of one themselves although you could be classed as a adult now . Its just because I see so many young girls in my job giving birth so just be careful when you do things again okay. I am not giving you a lecture on it .

You could talk to her about the bloating & swollen stomach as you never know she may be helpful about it .
Well if you having normal periods then why is she thinking otherwise.

You certainly need to get this looked at asap as been about a week with bloating & swollen stomach and it can't go on any longer without getting this seen to
I know you want a empty house to phone your GP or NHS 24 for help but remember you can't continue with bloating or a swollen stomach okay incase it gets more serious which you won't want .

i was using protecting (mini pill, condom and then plan b) obviously the condom broke and i was only on the pill for about 2 week.
i don’t think i should worry because i’ve had no pregnancy symptoms throughout the whole 4 months, as well as have 4 week long heavy periods. i have a free house tomorrow which i will call but i’m unable to go to an appointment because i live very far from a doctors or hospital and i also have no way getting to one. i’m getting a test on wednesday to give my mind a rest.
i was using protecting (mini pill, condom and then plan b) obviously the condom broke and i was only on the pill for about 2 week.
i don’t think i should worry because i’ve had no pregnancy symptoms throughout the whole 4 months, as well as have 4 week long heavy periods. i have a free house tomorrow which i will call but i’m unable to go to an appointment because i live very far from a doctors or hospital and i also have no way getting to one. i’m getting a test on wednesday to give my mind a rest.

Hi
At least you were using protection ok and unfortunately comdons can bust but its a rare thing to happen , but obviously you been using the pill and if you took as instructions then you are absolutely right about not being pregnant ok, as pill should prevent pregnancy but if you don't take at same time every day then things could go wrong.
You unfortunately bit far from any hospital health clinic or your GP which won't help you to find out why you are bloating and swollen stomach as I would pay attention to get medical advice on this regardless whether or not you maybe pregnant.
All you can do is call for advice and hopefully they will give you that and tell you what you should do .
I hope that when you do the pregnancy test on Wednesday that it's negative okay as it will certainly give you peace of mind to with things .
Pity you posted anonymously as I would had PM you and talked more privately with you on this . That's only reason why I did same as you with answering you .
I'm a qualified midwife as you may worked out by now with saying about young lasses and having kids

You mentioned your June periods late but sometimes your period don't come on time every month and it could be you a bit stressed over what's wrong with you and may be affecting it but hopefully it will still come ok..
Hi
At least you were using protection ok and unfortunately comdons can bust but its a rare thing to happen , but obviously you been using the pill and if you took as instructions then you are absolutely right about not being pregnant ok, as pill should prevent pregnancy but if you don't take at same time every day then things could go wrong.
You unfortunately bit far from any hospital health clinic or your GP which won't help you to find out why you are bloating and swollen stomach as I would pay attention to get medical advice on this regardless whether or not you maybe pregnant.
All you can do is call for advice and hopefully they will give you that and tell you what you should do .
I hope that when you do the pregnancy test on Wednesday that it's negative okay as it will certainly give you peace of mind to with things .
Pity you posted anonymously as I would had PM you and talked more privately with you on this . That's only reason why I did same as you with answering you .
I'm a qualified midwife as you may worked out by now with saying about young lasses and having kids

You mentioned your June periods late but sometimes your period don't come on time every month and it could be you a bit stressed over what's wrong with you and may be affecting it but hopefully it will still come ok..

aw thank you so much, i spoke to a doctor and he said there is no possibility that i am pregnant and that pregnancy is ruled out. i am getting cramps at the minute so i think i might just be very late as-well as i have had a messed up diet after a very good routine. i very highly doubt i am pregnant due to not having any symptoms at all.
aw thank you so much, i spoke to a doctor and he said there is no possibility that i am pregnant and that pregnancy is ruled out. i am getting cramps at the minute so i think i might just be very late as-well as i have had a messed up diet after a very good routine. i very highly doubt i am pregnant due to not having any symptoms at all.

You so welcome hunni ok.

If the doctor reassured you on pregnancy then obviously something else causing you to bloat and swollen stomach to, is this still happenening.
Yeah cramps are absolutely no fun to have especially when periods late to, try a hot water bottle against stomach as that's generally help stomach pain / cramps at period time if you have a hot water bottle like.
Yeah I said that periods can come late or even early to as I sometimes few days early but never been late yet .

If you were pregnant you would know for sure after four months because you would be starting to show a non hidable bump and would need larger clothes to as you gain weight . but as you not then rule it out for now. Also you been having normal periods every month since you had sex with b/friend and you wouldn't have your full periods after first month as only blood from the cycle of it but very very light and not associated with periods .
You so welcome hunni ok.

If the doctor reassured you on pregnancy then obviously something else causing you to bloat and swollen stomach to, is this still happenening.
Yeah cramps are absolutely no fun to have especially when periods late to, try a hot water bottle against stomach as that's generally help stomach pain / cramps at period time if you have a hot water bottle like.
Yeah I said that periods can come late or even early to as I sometimes few days early but never been late yet .

If you were pregnant you would know for sure after four months because you would be starting to show a non hidable bump and would need larger clothes to as you gain weight . but as you not then rule it out for now. Also you been having normal periods every month since you had sex with b/friend and you wouldn't have your full periods after first month as only blood from the cycle of it but very very light and not associated with periods .

i’m just sucking my bloating in because i don’t want my mum to see and maybe question it because she knows my period is late but also knows i’ve had previous ones. is their an obvious difference between period bloating, bloating and pregnancy?
i’m just sucking my bloating in because i don’t want my mum to see and maybe question it because she knows my period is late but also knows i’ve had previous ones. is their an obvious difference between period bloating, bloating and pregnancy?

Oh dear sucking in a bloated stomach is not healthy .
Well sometimes a bloated stomach & late periods can mean you could be pregnant, you can actually go for few months without being sick if you was pregnant. But due to you already having three or four previous months periods without issues then I can't see you being pregnant without actually examining you in person.
Wouldn't worry to much yet about late periods as said already your periods don't have to be same dates every month as still time to have them .
Be more worried if you go till July periods dates without having them still as then there is certainly a problem causing them as you not had sex for a long while.

Are you pooing okay and no signs of anything unusual with it . as if you not been pooing you could be constipated to as that can cause bloating in stomach .
Only thing to look out for is if you feeling more tired or fatigue, headaches, cramps and urges to pee more and constipation, feeling full, and sensitive breasts .
Oh dear sucking in a bloated stomach is not healthy .
Well sometimes a bloated stomach & late periods can mean you could be pregnant, you can actually go for few months without being sick if you was pregnant. But due to you already having three or four previous months periods without issues then I can't see you being pregnant without actually examining you in person.
Wouldn't worry to much yet about late periods as said already your periods don't have to be same dates every month as still time to have them .
Be more worried if you go till July periods dates without having them still as then there is certainly a problem causing them as you not had sex for a long while.

Are you pooing okay and no signs of anything unusual with it . as if you not been pooing you could be constipated to as that can cause bloating in stomach .
Only thing to look out for is if you feeling more tired or fatigue, headaches, cramps and urges to pee more and constipation, feeling full, and sensitive breasts .

don’t have any of those symptoms, only tired because i stay up very late and get up early, i was constipated but that’s because of my pill which i’m going to stop to make sure it’s that. i don’t feel full or have sensitive breasts, they usually get swollen before my period which hasn’t really happened yet. my belly it’s extremely bloated and disappears a bit when i lie down, just looks like i’ve put on weight but isn’t hard to touch just a wee bit giggly and firm.
don’t have any of those symptoms, only tired because i stay up very late and get up early, i was constipated but that’s because of my pill which i’m going to stop to make sure it’s that. i don’t feel full or have sensitive breasts, they usually get swollen before my period which hasn’t really happened yet. my belly it’s extremely bloated and disappears a bit when i lie down, just looks like i’ve put on weight but isn’t hard to touch just a wee bit giggly and firm.

You certainly no sign of pregnancy as you not showing any of symptoms I said previously.

Your stomach will go flat when lying on back as when you stand up the body fluids moves about .

Yes the pill sometimes causes constipation so you ok with understanding that .read what the side effects are for the one you on .
You shouldn't stop pill until you finish pack - are you taking then every day without a free week like some pills that allow this .

Did you mention to doctor you spoke to about your belly being bloated and what did they say ...!!!

Quick Reply

Latest