The Student Room Group
Reply 1
No requirements. It's bloody hard work and being a 'good dancer' won't get you very far. It's a waste of time unless you're actually planning to be a dancer IMO.
Reply 2
erm so what do you exactly do then?
:s-smilie:
Reply 3
Onyx.
No requirements. It's bloody hard work and being a 'good dancer' won't get you very far. It's a waste of time unless you're actually planning to be a dancer IMO.

what do you exactly do then ??
Reply 4
pah, just put effort in and you'll be fine..

Dancing at grade five in three types, doing shows across the country.. GCSE is a walk in the park!
Reply 5
You can easily look this up yourself but I'll give you a little insight anyway... You do a set study, a group dance, choreograph your own dance and then a two hour written exam where you write about a few contemporary dances (AQA btw). I would only recommend the course to my worst enemy.
Reply 6
I did gcse dance about 10 years ago, we had to learn a dance, and also make up our own dance. We studied swansong and did an exam on it.

I was grade 3 tap and modern at the time, so ok I may have found it a bit easier than others, but there were still people in the class that had had no experience other than dancing around there bedroom. If you've got a interest in it, I'd go for it, a lot more interesting and fun than doing PE.

Goodluck
Reply 7
I regret not doing GCSE dance, I chose drama instead. Though to be honest, they're as easy as each other IMO. Easy A if you put in the effort.
Reply 8
Onyx.
You can easily look this up yourself but I'll give you a little insight anyway... You do a set study, a group dance, choreograph your own dance and then a two hour written exam where you write about a few contemporary dances (AQA btw). I would only recommend the course to my worst enemy.

like my school dosnt do this, does it involve much cswk?
There is a lot of theory, and understanding behind it, and you do a lot of choeography. But it was my fave GCSE by far. Its very, very difficult to get an A in it though and as someone has said, just being a good dancer won't see you through. There is a lot of analytical work involved, health and safety, some biology and then the choreography and the "set pieces" which need to be done. I also have to do an extended piece of writing explaing the ideas behind my final piece.

It is a bit of a waste of choice, but tbh if you;re planning on going to uni, might as well waste a subject now rather than later :p:
Original post by Amo3507
what did the people who only had bedroom dancing experience a few dance lessons get mark wise...because I totally can't relate to that situation :smile:

This thread is 9 years old, please make a new one.
Reply 11
Original post by mnot
This thread is 9 years old, please make a new one.

okay sorry lol

Latest

Trending

Trending