The Student Room Group

Manchester Met MSc Speech and Language Therapy 2020 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lowfortysix
Hi Cat, congratulations on the offer! Do you know how long it took the office to email you the letter of acceptance after your application review portal was updated? I have been offered a conditional offer according to the portal but have yet to receive word via email.

Just curious as I'll need an official acceptance letter for my visa application being an international student :/

When was your interview?
Original post by Clo Alice
When was your interview?

11 May :smile:
Hello low forty six, I am an international student as well. Where are u from ? I am from Hong Kong. In my case, I just emailed the international admission for the offer letter. :wink:
For those who've received a conditional offer, what academic period did it say? Mine says academic period 21/22 for some reason and I'm freaking out :confused:

I didn't look closely enough and got excited, and handed my 2-month notice in at my job expecting that I'd be starting uni in September this year. The next day I looked closer and saw it said 21/22!! Now I'm thinking that this years course might be too full, but on the course page it says they're still taking applications! I'm hoping it's just an error somehow

Seriously panicking, I emailed last week but haven't had a response yet
Hi I just checked and my conditional offer says 20/21. If applications are still open hopefully it is just a mistake! That must be very stressful :frown:
Original post by Banana1234567
Hi I just checked and my conditional offer says 20/21. If applications are still open hopefully it is just a mistake! That must be very stressful :frown:

Thank you so much for your reply! Welp I'm going to email them again in the morning
Original post by fatcatsyndrome
Hello low forty six, I am an international student as well. Where are u from ? I am from Hong Kong. In my case, I just emailed the international admission for the offer letter. :wink:

Hi fatcatsyndrome, I'm from Malaysia. Excited to meet a fellow international student. Thanks for the tip. I had emailed the university about the acceptance letter and they haven't replied. Just sent another email and hope to hear back soon.
Hi just wondering if there are any people waiting to hear back after applying through the open application via the website for MSc Speech Therapy at MMU. I applied 3 weeks ago for 2020, but I can't call the office due to covid. Just wondering if I'll end up waiting 40 days then automatic rejection. Those starting in September, have you had information about start dates & how much face2face?
Thanks
Reply 68
Original post by marigold2020
Hi just wondering if there are any people waiting to hear back after applying through the open application via the website for MSc Speech Therapy at MMU. I applied 3 weeks ago for 2020, but I can't call the office due to covid. Just wondering if I'll end up waiting 40 days then automatic rejection. Those starting in September, have you had information about start dates & how much face2face?
Thanks

Hi I applied at a similar time to you. I haven’t heard anything back either and I’m starting to think I applied a bit too late. So are you thinking that if we don’t hear anything after 40 days has passed since applying we’ve been rejected?
Thanks
Original post by Lupoo10
Hi I applied at a similar time to you. I haven’t heard anything back either and I’m starting to think I applied a bit too late. So are you thinking that if we don’t hear anything after 40 days has passed since applying we’ve been rejected?
Thanks

I read on the website or the application site that the university has 40 days to reply but that after this it goes to an automatic rejection... have you managed to contact them at all? I had no reply from two emails sent weeks ago.. tbh the lack of communication doesn't enthuse me about joining the course now or in the future...
Reply 70
I read on the website or the application site that the university has 40 days to reply but that after this it goes to an automatic rejection... have you managed to contact them at all? I had no reply from two emails sent weeks ago.. tbh the lack of communication doesn't enthuse me about joining the course now or in the future...

Is that 40 working days or just days? I haven’t tried to ring but I’ve emailed and just got an automatic replies back because the staff are working remotely. I feel like it’s getting a bit too close to September to get on the course for this year now.
Original post by Lupoo10
Is that 40 working days or just days? I haven’t tried to ring but I’ve emailed and just got an automatic replies back because the staff are working remotely. I feel like it’s getting a bit too close to September to get on the course for this year now.

Hi there :hello:

We do appreciate that you would like to receive a decision on your application as soon as possible and we aim to make all decisions as quickly as we can. Please note, it can take up to 6 weeks for an application to be processed and due to the current Covid-19 situation this could be longer. Rest assured you will hear back from the Admissions Team in due course. If you do need to get in touch with the Admissions Team you can email [email protected]. Please note, as all staff are currently working from home, there may be a delay in the Team responding to you.

Hope this helps :smile:

Sophie
Hi. I have just accepted a place on the MSc Speech and Language Therapy course starting this September. Does anyone know when we will receive more information regarding timetables etc.? All I know so far is that it is starting on 1st September! Thanks.
Original post by jessaustin15
Hi. I have just accepted a place on the MSc Speech and Language Therapy course starting this September. Does anyone know when we will receive more information regarding timetables etc.? All I know so far is that it is starting on 1st September! Thanks.

Well done, is that for MMU? Did you apply recently?
Well done, is that for MMU? Did you apply recently?

Thanks. Yeah, I applied in June and had my interview a couple of weeks ago. Got an offer about a week later. Hope this helps!
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by jessaustin15
Thanks. Yeah, I applied in June and had my interview a couple of weeks ago. Got an offer about a week later. Hope this helps!

Ok thanks, I applied at the end of June through the website. Did you upload a prewritten reference or just give reference details? I used my current job reference details, which I agreed with my boss beforehand, but my boss has told me that they can only say that I work there, they can't give details because it's policy. I emailed the uni to ask them if I could upload this reference, but I didn't hear back. I'm thinking now that an old academic reference would have been better, as I've since applied through ucas to a different uni and that's what I used and they offered to give me a prewritten reference.

I hope you find out about the course start date - that's so stressful trying to organise work, accommodation and finances if you don't know when it starts. Have you tried the online chat through MMU website?
Best of luck with the course.
Hi everyone,

I've recently applied for this course also.

I'm wondering if anyone could shed some light on what funding is available for this course? I'm aware that there is an NHS Training Grant of £5000 that this course qualifies for, and that tuition loans are also available, even if it's been used for a previous degree. Is a maintenance grant/loan also available? I'm ineligible for a postgraduate loan as I already have an MA, so this course would be a career change and retraining for me.

Also, this is really interesting about UCLAN. Where did you find out about this - I haven't been able to find anything online about it?

If anyone has any info or advise, it would be much appreciated!

Original post by Bobby_95
Hi everyone,

I've recently applied for this course also.

I'm wondering if anyone could shed some light on what funding is available for this course? I'm aware that there is an NHS Training Grant of £5000 that this course qualifies for, and that tuition loans are also available, even if it's been used for a previous degree. Is a maintenance grant/loan also available? I'm ineligible for a postgraduate loan as I already have an MA, so this course would be a career change and retraining for me.

Also, this is really interesting about UCLAN. Where did you find out about this - I haven't been able to find anything online about it?

If anyone has any info or advise, it would be much appreciated!

Hi there! So the MSc is eligible for full funding from Student Finance, both tuition fees and maintenance loan, for both years of the course, even if it is your second degree or MSc. When you come to apply, you'll need to go through the application process as if you're applying for undergraduate funding, then select postgraduate healthcare course - the amount of maintenance loan you get is based on your household income, and there are no maintenance grants available from SFE I'm afraid, the funding from them is all loaned. However, as you mention, there is the training grant of £5000 per year, this is in addition to any maintenance loan you are eligible to receive from SFE, and is not paid back. There is also further funding available if you have dependants. Best of luck with your application!
Hi! I would love to apply for this MSc course, but I am worried I don't have enough experience. I graduated last year from uni with a First in Psychology, and since then have been a Support Worker for a couple of months and then stopped that to work as a Teaching Assistant at SEN schools. I am about to start a job in September which will also be a Teaching Assistant role, supporting children with SEN, but at a mainstream school. Also, at university I worked as a Research Assistant, guiding participants with autism through tests, and since graduating from uni I have been volunteering with the Befriending Scheme. I've been reading up on SLT too and I'm currently doing an online course to gain some extra insight into it. I would really appreciate any feedback about this! Thank you
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by TeaAndCats
Hi! I would love to apply for this MSc course, but I am worried I don't have enough experience. I graduated last year from uni with a First in Psychology, and since then have been a Support Worker for a couple of months and then stopped that to work as a Teaching Assistant at SEN schools. I am about to start a job in September which will also be a Teaching Assistant role, supporting children with SEN, but at a mainstream school. Also, at university I worked as a Research Assistant, guiding participants with autism through tests, and since graduating from uni I have been volunteering with the Befriending Scheme. I've been reading up on SLT too and I'm currently doing an online course to gain some extra insight into it. I would really appreciate any feedback about this! Thank you

That sounds like you can show you are putting in the effort to learn about the job! What online course have you been doing?
Is most of your experience with children and young people?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending