The Student Room Group

Question about PwC Flying Start Degree Apprenticeship Salary

So I have been accepted on to the course and I had couple of questions about this programme, however I didn't get the chance to ask the people working there as I was too busy preparing for the assessment. So my question are how much is the salary and how will it work? Will I get it monthly whilst I am studying at university or annually, at the end of my Uni Year? I've tried to research it, however I am not getting an accurate answer, every forum/discussion I've looked at is either old or it provides an unsatisfactory answer.

Thank you in advance.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by I-ZAAA
So I have been accepted on to the course and I had couple of questions about this programme, however I didn't get the chance to ask the people working there as I was too busy preparing for the assessment. So my question are how much is the salary and how will it work? Will I get it monthly whilst I am studying at university or annually, at the end of my Uni Year? I've tried to research it, however I am not getting an accurate answer, every forum/discussion I've looked at is either old or it provides an unsatisfactory answer.

Thank you in advance.

12k first year, 14k the year after (not confirmed for 2020) and you get it monthly...what uni have you applied to?
Original post by student1602
12k first year, 14k the year after (not confirmed for 2020) and you get it monthly...what uni have you applied to?

curious as to how long you spend at uni vs at work given the salary is quite low compared to other apprenticeships?
Is that salary whilst your doing your degree or after you’ve finished?
Reply 4
Original post by student1602

That seems very high? You only work for 4 months a year don't you?
Exactly!!!!!!!!! I’ve been given an offer for flying start in Henley business school, uni of reading.........the placements in yr 2 and 3 will last from around mid December to end of March whilst in yr 4 it’s slightly longer and will last from approximately mid November to end of March.....I’m not sure how much the salary will be but I can tell u for sure it’s not gonna be anywhere near 12k and 14k

Original post by ajj2000
That seems very high? You only work for 4 months a year don't you?
Original post by Gent2324
curious as to how long you spend at uni vs at work given the salary is quite low compared to other apprenticeships?

This ain’t an apprenticeship.......it’s a degree.....tuition fees still needs to be paid although they decrease by 20% for yr 2,3 and 4 due to the placements
Original post by Sjdjkxkkdkkkx
This ain’t an apprenticeship.......it’s a degree.....tuition fees still needs to be paid although they decrease by 20% for yr 2,3 and 4 due to the placements

oh i thought the degree was sponsored, i thought that was the whole point of the programme, it sounds more like a normal degree with a guaranteed internship
oh i thought the degree was sponsored, i thought that was the whole point of the programme, it sounds more like a normal degree with a guaranteed internship

What u get is a fast track to becoming a chartered accountant.......a near guaranteed full time job with PwC after u graduate......PwC fund the ACA........it’s much more than an internship
What u get is a fast track to becoming a chartered accountant.......a near guaranteed full time job with PwC after u graduate......PwC fund the ACA........it’s much more than an internship

all the big accounting firms fund ACA regardless or apprenticeship or grad, how many years from now will it take you to be aca qualified?

im not trying to diss the programme i just dont understand the point of it if youre still paying tuition fees, arent you essentially just applying for a grad scheme early?
all the big accounting firms fund ACA regardless or apprenticeship or grad, how many years from now will it take you to be aca qualified?

im not trying to diss the programme i just dont understand the point of it if youre still paying tuition fees, arent you essentially just applying for a grad scheme early?

5 yrs to become fully chartered ( 1 more yr after you graduate).........it’s a near GUARANTEED grad scheme after graduation......it’s soo hard to get into their grad schemes due to the competition which makes it worth while
5 yrs to become fully chartered ( 1 more yr after you graduate).........it’s a near GUARANTEED grad scheme after graduation......it’s soo hard to get into their grad schemes due to the competition which makes it worth while

oh thats the same as the apprenticeships, its obviously going to be a guaranteed job because youve already got the job, but if youre happy with the programme then thats fine
oh thats the same as the apprenticeships, its obviously going to be a guaranteed job because youve already got the job, but if youre happy with the programme then thats fine

Id love to have the apprenticeship.....I applied....didn’t get through......I’d take the apprenticeship any day over the flying start
Id love to have the apprenticeship.....I applied....didn’t get through......I’d take the apprenticeship any day over the flying start

ah i see, is there not an assessment centre with the flying start?
ah i see, is there not an assessment centre with the flying start?

Yes there is
Did u apply for their apprenticeship??
Yes there is

Did u apply for their apprenticeship??

i have an offer for kpmg apprenticeship this year, didnt apply to pwc as they didnt have any roles in my area, tbh i thought the flying starts were the same difficulty to get into as their apprenticeships, my friend rejected a mid-tier apprenticeship for pwc flying start
Exactly!!!!!!!!! I’ve been given an offer for flying start in Henley business school, uni of reading.........the placements in yr 2 and 3 will last from around mid December to end of March whilst in yr 4 it’s slightly longer and will last from approximately mid November to end of March.....I’m not sure how much the salary will be but I can tell u for sure it’s not gonna be anywhere near 12k and 14k

I can’t tell you the salaries for ur unis, this is deffo the range for the technology flying start ones tho🤷*♀️
I think the big attractions of flying start are the guaranteed work experience (all during busy season so lots going on) plus maximum exemptions.

You also get summers off which you wouldn’t as an apprentice so if you want to travel that’s pretty attractive. You also get the experience of being at university.
Original post by ajj2000
I think the big attractions of flying start are the guaranteed work experience (all during busy season so lots going on) plus maximum exemptions.

You also get summers off which you wouldn’t as an apprentice so if you want to travel that’s pretty attractive. You also get the experience of being at university.

Anyone know how you can find out how much your paid whilst doing the placements?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending