The Student Room Group

Rayshard Brooks .Shot twice in the back by white police officers!

Then one of the officers is seen on video to kick the dying black man and then both police officerscwaited for 2 minutes before calling for medical help. The other officer stood on Brooks' shoulder. Yiu really couldn't make this stuff up! Seriously? is it not the time for the entire USA police system to be fundamentally changed. How do 2 police officers get to treat someone in this way?
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Are you completely incapable of referencing?
Reply 2
Original post by Napp
Are you completely incapable of referencing?

BBC news!! You can eaaily find this stuff anyway. You know what the Internet is, right? Can't wait to hear your take on these racist murders !
Reply 3
Original post by mgi
BBC news!! You can eaaily find this stuff anyway. You know what the Internet is, right? Can't wait to hear your take on these racist murders !

Not my job to find your evidence :rolleyes:
Nah.
I think he only has himself to blame. I really don't like the power abuse that American police officers regularly present, but what do you honestly expect if you a) break the law, then b) fail to comply to basic orders, and c) take an armed officer's taser and fire at them?
Reply 5
didn't he resist arrest, fight and overpower the 2 police officers, take a taser and aim it at an officer's head as he ran away?

He definitely shouldn't have been killed, but it certainly wasn't racially motivated or done for no reason at all.
Original post by SaDe7
didn't he resist arrest, fight and overpower the 2 police officers, take a taser and aim it at an officer's head as he ran away?

He definitely shouldn't have been killed, but it certainly wasn't racially motivated or done for no reason at all.

Exactly. What'd be next ? A black serial rapist gets shot but there'd probably be a public outcry about racism.
I don't think he should have been killed but you really can't blame the officers
Asleep, drunk, in a Wendy's drive through with the engine on. Fails a sobriety check. Officers try to arrest him. He violently resists arrest due to him having just been released from prison (which he was in for abusing his kids). Grabs an officers taser, shoots at the police with it. Tries run away, officer shoots him.

No sympathy. You know the deal with police in the US, attacking them is stupidity at its finest.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Tredoltle
Exactly. What'd be next ? A black serial rapist gets shot but there'd probably be a public outcry about racism.
I don't think he should have been killed but you really can't blame the officers

And then to top off the misinformation, a mob burned down the wendy's that called 911.
Definitely justified...
Reply 9
Original post by Napp
Not my job to find your evidence :rolleyes:
Nah.

Finding BBC news? I know you are kidding , right?
Reply 10
Original post by mgi
Finding BBC news? I know you are kidding , right?

I get you're a touch dense but even someone of your limited faculties should understand that its your job to source your claims, not mine.
Reply 11
Original post by Napp
I get you're a touch dense but even someone of your limited faculties should understand that its your job to source your claims, not mine.

oh dear.OMG . Really? I take it you have now found the BBC source and read it then, or downloaded yesterday's BBC evening news then?
I am cool with your other comments in this post. Now can we get back to the topic of BLM? Its not about me and my "faculties" lol.
Reply 12
Original post by mgi
oh dear.OMG . Really? I take it you have now found the BBC source and read it then, or downloaded yesterday's BBC evening news then?
I am cool with your other comments in this post. Now can we get back to the topic of BLM? Its not about me and my "faculties" lol.

Err why would one be downloading a BBC web page?
No, i'd rather focus on the more pressing issue of your racism and fragility. Much more important :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by Napp
Err why would one be downloading a BBC web page?
No, i'd rather focus on the more pressing issue of your racism and fragility. Much more important :smile:

Loool.!! Is that your best cogent argument! OMG!
Reply 14
Original post by mgi
Loool.!! Is that your best cogent argument! OMG!

Oh look, someones found a new word of the day :rolleyes: Rather undermined by the fact you apparently don't know what an "argument" is nor what "cogent" means. 2/10 for effort though at least.
I'm impressed though mgi, you've gone a whole 2 comments without making an antisemitic or a racist statement, congratulations.
Reply 15
Rayshard was on probation for several crimes including domestic violence which is why he was afraid of being arrested and ran. He attacked officer, stole tazer and ran. Watch the video, listen to hte audio recordings. The cop was respectful and calm throughout whole thing, and showed concern for Rayshards life after the shot.
Original post by mgi
Then one of the officers is seen on video to kick the dying black man and then both police officerscwaited for 2 minutes before calling for medical help. The other officer stood on Brooks' shoulder. Yiu really couldn't make this stuff up! Seriously? is it not the time for the entire USA police system to be fundamentally changed. How do 2 police officers get to treat someone in this way?

Not sure where you are getting your information seeing as you haven't sourced it but here is some information.

EXCLUSIVE: Rayshard Brooks was on probation for four crimes - including cruelty to children - and faced going back to prison if charged with a DUI, when he was found asleep and intoxicated at Wendy's drive-thru
Source - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8431801/Rayshard-Brooks-probation-faced-going-prison-charged-DUI.html

EXCLUSIVE: 'Mr. Brooks keep breathing. Keep breathing for me.' Fired officer who shot Rayshard Brooks dead begged the father-of-four to stay alive as he desperately administered CPR, bodycam footage reveals
Source - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8429013/Fired-officer-shot-Rayshard-Brooks-dead-begged-father-four-stay-alive-gave-CPR.html

Main Points On Above Articles
Rayshard Brooks had driven into the local Wendy's and was deemed intoxicated. He failed a field sobriety test and was subsequently arrested.

Police tried to arrest the man. While placing him in handcuffs a scuffle broke out where Brooks was apparently punching the police. Rayshard Brooks then managed to steal one of the officers taser and turned to use it on them. The police at this point drew their weapons and fired.

The officers then administered CPR until the ambulance arrived and in the video you can here Rolfe calling Mr. Brooks' name as he tried to keep him alive and to "keep breathing. Keep breathing for me."

There's more information in the articles but I won't site everything as you can read them yourselves and form your own opinions.
Reply 17
Original post by Capitalist_Lamb
Not sure where you are getting your information seeing as you haven't sourced it but here is some information.

EXCLUSIVE: Rayshard Brooks was on probation for four crimes - including cruelty to children - and faced going back to prison if charged with a DUI, when he was found asleep and intoxicated at Wendy's drive-thru
Source - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8431801/Rayshard-Brooks-probation-faced-going-prison-charged-DUI.html

EXCLUSIVE: 'Mr. Brooks keep breathing. Keep breathing for me.' Fired officer who shot Rayshard Brooks dead begged the father-of-four to stay alive as he desperately administered CPR, bodycam footage reveals
Source - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8429013/Fired-officer-shot-Rayshard-Brooks-dead-begged-father-four-stay-alive-gave-CPR.html

Main Points On Above Articles
Rayshard Brooks had driven into the local Wendy's and was deemed intoxicated. He failed a field sobriety test and was subsequently arrested.

Police tried to arrest the man. While placing him in handcuffs a scuffle broke out where Brooks was apparently punching the police. Rayshard Brooks then managed to steal one of the officers taser and turned to use it on them. The police at this point drew their weapons and fired.

The officers then administered CPR until the ambulance arrived and in the video you can here Rolfe calling Mr. Brooks' name as he tried to keep him alive and to "keep breathing. Keep breathing for me."

There's more information in the articles but I won't site everything as you can read them yourselves and form your own opinions.

Not from the daily Mail. And if you watch the video you will see clearly that this account is inaccurate.And you have left out some very significant evidence in your account! Not for issues of race would i ever use the Daily Mail. I used BBC News as my source. Suppose Brooks was on probation for 25 crimes or 100 crimes, how is that relevant to being shot twice in the back while running away? The argument is about how black people are treated by a law enforcement system that is clearly not fit for purpose.
The officers never demonstrated that the black man was driving while intoxicated did they? It is so ridiculous. Give me one reason why the black community should trust American police forces?
And one might ask why the man was kicked by the officer as he lay dying and why his shoulder was stood on. And why it took those officers 2 minutes tio call the emergency services.
And then there is the context of the George Floyd murder- a sudden realisation by those white cops that what they did would be virtually inexplicable to neutral fair-minded observers! Utterly unbelievable, and if other racial groups still cannot understand what black communities then black people need to press on with BLM till everyone understands!
Original post by zetamcfc
Asleep, drunk, in a Wendy's drive through with the engine on. Fails a sobriety check. Officers try to arrest him. He violently resists arrest due to him having just been released from prison (which he was in for abusing his kids). Grabs an officers taser, shoots at the police with it. Tries run away, officer shoots him.

No sympathy. You know the deal with police in the US, attacking them is stupidity at its finest.

Anyone who has that past of any race has no sympathy from me.
Reply 19
Original post by Moonbow
Anyone who has that past of any race has no sympathy from me.

Well. put yourself in that man's position! Your compassion surely needs to be part of this debate.
A man's previous past does not mean he should be shot twice in the back while running away, even if he had stolen the police officers taser. And what about being kicked and stood on by the same officers afterwards. ( check BBC news).Did you actually watch the video at all?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending