The Student Room Group

Greatest goal you’ve ever seen?

And I mean goals you’ve seen on live on TV and/or at the stadium.

I remember Giovanni Van Bronckhorst’s goal vs Uruguay. Absolute screamer.

Here it is:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xWnz8IeoHrM
Reply 1
Saw Parvard's goal in the stadium against argentina it was sick.
It’s impossible to pick just one.

In terms of goals I’ve seen live the ones that jump out are the Rooney overhead kick against City and Ronaldo vs Porto.

As for TV goals ... Zidane against Leverkusen in the CL final in Glasgow maybe? Or that insane Roberto Carlos free kick where he shoots well wide and the ball kinda flips back on itself and goes in. That was sick!
I think it's Dennis Bergkamp vs Newcastle -- for the sheer ingenuity of it all.

Never done before, never repeated since. It's better than all those screamers.
Hey

It's Robin van Persie Header Goal in 2014 World Cup against Spain. A Great Come Back after loose 2010 WC Final Against Spain. :rofl3:
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by IanDangerously
It’s impossible to pick just one.

In terms of goals I’ve seen live the ones that jump out are the Rooney overhead kick against City and Ronaldo vs Porto.

As for TV goals ... Zidane against Leverkusen in the CL final in Glasgow maybe? Or that insane Roberto Carlos free kick where he shoots well wide and the ball kinda flips back on itself and goes in. That was sick!

The free kick against France? I didn’t watch it on TV so I didn’t include it, but it’s up there with the best goals.
Reply 6
My dog jumping headfirst into the TV 🤣
Original post by Occitanie
The free kick against France? I didn’t watch it on TV so I didn’t include it, but it’s up there with the best goals.

Yeah ... I still can’t understand the physics behind it. Barthez didn’t dive for it cos it was going out of play and then BOOM!!

I used to try and recreate it at school but always struck it about 10 feet wide of the post haha
Reply 8
Original post by IanDangerously
Yeah ... I still can’t understand the physics behind it. Barthez didn’t dive for it cos it was going out of play and then BOOM!!

I used to try and recreate it at school but always struck it about 10 feet wide of the post haha

I mean I know how it’s done, but have no where near the amount of power in my legs to pull it off.

Have you watched this goal?

Probably one of Ronaldinho's on yt
Off the top of my head:

Zidane's against Leverkusen in the 2002 CL final
Ronaldinho's "toe poke" against us in the CL back in 2005
Was watching the CL final in 2018 but somehow missed Bale's goal :angry:
(edited 3 years ago)
So many, but combined with the most emotional goal I ever experienced, it was Götze's wondergoal in WC final 2014 against Argentina.
Rooney overhead kick vs man city
Original post by Occitanie
I mean I know how it’s done, but have no where near the amount of power in my legs to pull it off.

Have you watched this goal?

Good grief what a hit! Haha I saw that a few years back but I’d forgotten all about it ... I don’t think the laws of physics apply to Roberto Carlos! :eek:
Reply 14
one of my faves is Suarez v Norwich, 2013
Original post by Mbappe
Saw Parvard's goal in the stadium against argentina it was sick.

Wouldn't you have been on the pitch for that one?

Bale v Liverpool is definitely up there. Messi has so many contenders, my favourites were v Athletic Bilbao in the Copa Del Rey final and v Real Madrid in the Champions League semi final in 2011. Not a City fan but I think my favourite goal has to be "Agueroooooooooooooooooo"
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest