The Student Room Group

EY Interview Grad Scheme 2021

Hi!

Thought I'd start a thread about anyone who had their partner interview for the EY 2021 grad scheme after the 2020 summer internship was cancelled.

How did everyone's interviews go and has anyone heard back yet?

Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheWham
Hi!

Thought I'd start a thread about anyone who had their partner interview for the EY 2021 grad scheme after the 2020 summer internship was cancelled.

Thanks!

EY cancelled their summer internships and have interviews for 2021 grad schemes?
Reply 2
Original post by TheWham
Hi!

Thanks!

Hi, bit late but they came back very quickly after my interview with an offer! I'm in Birmingham for Audit. How about you?
Reply 3
I just had a call from them saying that they are still trying to finalise targets for 2021 so I will hear back in the next few weeks. I interviewed in mid-June for Assurance in London.

@tombra22 congrats! :smile:
Reply 4
Has anyone applied for 2021 yet?
Reply 5
Original post by stulfc

have you? i havent
Reply 6
Original post by stulfc

Hey I just applied few days ago. Supposed to do the aptitude test tomorrow!
Reply 7
Original post by Shah99
have you? i havent

Yes applied and done the first test yesterday. They said it will take 2-3 before they establish pass marks for stage 2

It is a long process. The furthest I've got is video interview and then after that there was a maths test that I failed previous intake 2 years back. Think I took too much time on questions as it was straightforward to do.

Good luck
Reply 8
Original post by stulfc
Yes applied and done the first test yesterday. They said it will take 2-3 before they establish pass marks for stage 2

It is a long process. The furthest I've got is video interview and then after that there was a maths test that I failed previous intake 2 years back. Think I took too much time on questions as it was straightforward to do.

Good luck

You mentioned you applied 2 years ago, are the questions the same as back then? Also is it just SJT & maths test? Thanks
Reply 9
Original post by Shah99
You mentioned you applied 2 years ago, are the questions the same as back then? Also is it just SJT & maths test? Thanks

Similar structure but this time round there was no numerical component in stage 2. I got an email though and it said numerical test would be the next stage if I pass stage 2.
Reply 10
Original post by stulfc
Similar structure but this time round there was no numerical component in stage 2. I got an email though and it said numerical test would be the next stage if I pass stage 2.

Just to be sure, stage 2 (online assessment) is strictly SJT?

The EY website mentions a numerical test for stage 2
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Shah99
Just to be sure, stage 2 (online assessment) is strictly SJT?

The EY website mentions a numerical test for stage 2

Stage 2 includes SJT and a little VRT.

Finished that section earlier and saw on the application page that my NRT was complete.

Received an email shortly after saying:
"Given we have just opened for this year’s recruitment campaign, we are in the process of establishing the appropriate pass mark to ensure we are setting candidates up for success in the following stages of the process. As such, we will provide you with an outcome in the coming weeks.

If you have met the appropriate pass mark you will then be invited to complete a Numerical Reasoning Test so please keep an eye on your portal and emails for updates in the coming weeks."
Reply 12
I have completed mine too. I hope we pass it
Reply 13
Original post by alex20000

Finished that section earlier and saw on the application page that my NRT was complete.

"Given we have just opened for this year’s recruitment campaign, we are in the process of establishing the appropriate pass mark to ensure we are setting candidates up for success in the following stages of the process. As such, we will provide you with an outcome in the coming weeks.

If you have met the appropriate pass mark you will then be invited to complete a Numerical Reasoning Test so please keep an eye on your portal and emails for updates in the coming weeks."

When you say VRT, do you mean true/false/can't say? Thanks in advance
Reply 14
Original post by Shah99
When you say VRT, do you mean true/false/can't say? Thanks in advance

We had to rank 4 answers from the most true to false
Reply 15
Original post by SLT15
We had to rank 4 answers from the most true to false

Thanks. I've never heard of EY doing that before tho. Hope everyone's stage 2 went well
Reply 16

Did you get your feedback? What was your strengths and weakness?
Original post by SLT15
Did you get your feedback? What was your strengths and weakness?

Yeah, got them pretty much instantly.

Strengths: Learning Agility & Resilience
Weakness: Personal Ownership - which should be fine due to my experience

Yours?
Reply 18
Yeah, got them pretty much instantly.

Strengths: Learning Agility & Resilience
Weakness: Personal Ownership - which should be fine due to my experience

Yours?

Strength- Personal Ownership and Adaptability
Weakness- Curiosity

I feel like curiosity is a big weakness to have :frown:
Reply 19
Original post by stulfc

Yes, I applied recently. I applied for Assurance - April 2021.
Did anyone else apply for Assurance?
I finished the online assessments as well. Still waiting for the outcome as they said they are still setting an appropriate pass mark.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending