The Student Room Group

Career Help!!!!!!!

is it possible I can retake my year 12 to have a fresh start with my A-level science in other sixth form schools?
Reply 1
Yes! My sister and a few people in the year above me did this and it helped them get a fresh start :smile:
Now they’re getting better grades and better happier knowing that they are on top of everything :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Alexavyv
Yes! My sister and a few people in the year above me did this and it helped them get a fresh start :smile:
Now they’re getting better grades and better happier knowing that they are on top of everything :smile:

Did they have any kind of pressure because I feel really stressed about taking the year 12 again because my friends and everyone else will be on the next year
Original post by Fuggy
Did they have any kind of pressure because I feel really stressed about taking the year 12 again because my friends and everyone else will be on the next year

i am considering retaking year 12 too but I'm concerned about how I will cope seeing all my friends go off to uni and i'll be left behind with the year below (my new year)
Reply 4
Original post by lailahzaman
i am considering retaking year 12 too but I'm concerned about how I will cope seeing all my friends go off to uni and i'll be left behind with the year below (my new year)

This decision is really difficult for me as well. But I have tried to apply to other schools as well so I can have a fresh start. But still is difficult to find a place as I need to get an interview and tell them the whole situation and my reason behind taking year 12 again.
Original post by Fuggy
is it possible I can retake my year 12 to have a fresh start with my A-level science in other sixth form schools?

Hi @Fuggy!

This may be possible if you get into contact with the other sixth forms and ask them. I think if you feel you really need to make this change and it will have a positive impact on your future/future career then go for it :smile:

Erin - Official Student Rep :smile:
Original post by Fuggy
This decision is really difficult for me as well. But I have tried to apply to other schools as well so I can have a fresh start. But still is difficult to find a place as I need to get an interview and tell them the whole situation and my reason behind taking year 12 again.

hi, I have gotten a place at my old school (as it had a sixth from) but I'm not sure about going as I'm not sure how id copes seeing all my friends leave for uni and me being left behind. May I ask what your grades are like as that's the main reason for me wanting to retake :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by lailahzaman
hi, I have gotten a place at my old school (as it had a sixth from) but I'm not sure about going as I'm not sure how id copes seeing all my friends leave for uni and me being left behind. May I ask what your grades are like as that's the main reason for me wanting to retake :smile:

First of all congrats for getting a place in school. I am really happy for you.
As I want to retake science so I did retake my science because the requirement of the school was 6,6 and I got 6,5. But now I made a massive improvement by getting 9,9 in my ppes so my predicted grade is high as well. But the things to be worried about is my maths as I got a 5 in my GCSE and in physic, u need a grade 6 for maths. But my old school is providing those sciences for me. But I am looking for other schools to have a fresh start. Anyways let's see what will happen.
what about u?
what do u want to do and what are your A level choices if u retake?😄
Reply 8
Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Hi @Fuggy!

This may be possible if you get into contact with the other sixth forms and ask them. I think if you feel you really need to make this change and it will have a positive impact on your future/future career then go for it :smile:

Erin - Official Student Rep :smile:

Thanks, Erin for your motivation. I will try my best to make my career. I am really thankful for all your support. I hope u achieve your dreams as well.

Quick Reply

Latest