The Student Room Group

photography alevel - oxford applicant

Hi,

I am taking English lit, history, classical civilizations and photography for a level (I'm in yr12) I really wanna drop English as 3 essay subjects are a lot and I really love photography, BUT I don't know what to do as I really wanna go to oxford but I don't know if photography, classical civilizations, and photography are good enough to study the "history (ancient and modern)" course I want to do. is dropping English bad? I know I will do better in photography, but will oxford see it as an edge or just not value it?
please help I'm so torn!
thanks
(edited 3 years ago)
Hi, you should probably post this in the Oxford forum to get more responses. I am sure @Oxford Mum will have a view on this. Best thing you could do is email a couple of Oxford Colleges and ask their view on this.

From a personal perspective I would think that your application would be stronger with English Lit in it than Photography.
I did photography A level and all of the universities I applied to have recognised it. Your best bet would be to email/call admissions and get an opinion on it before you make a decision. Hope this helps
thanks, thats actually really helpful, just to ask, did the unis u applied to russell group?
Original post by maiceynavarro
thanks, thats actually really helpful, just to ask, did the unis u applied to russell group?

yep

Quick Reply

Latest