The Student Room Group

CUG league tables 2021 - winners & losers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lightning720
I think you need to take your own advice - you don't get to cherry-pick

You are basically saying that anything that doesn't support your opinion is useless, whilst really, all of the rankings have their pros and cons and it really just depends on what people care about. Many of the international rankings favour large universities in big cities which have a large research focus. Not all universities focus on this and not all students care about research intensity. You can carry on pretending that international rankings are the only type of rankings that matter, but you would be cherry-picking.

Yawn 😴😴😴 what were you going to add constructively here... You've proven nothing either way... Just alot of moaning. 😂 😂
Original post by harrysbar
RR just gets upset at the idea that any uni could be better than Nottingham.

I don't why people get so defensive about the uni they attended, you wouldn't see me getting upset if someone suggested that Sussex was better than Kent :dontknow:

There's plently of uni's that are are better, about 10 in the UK i can definitely point to and say... Yeah they're better... Then about 20-30 that are on a level playing field. Bath is imo in the latter not the former. 😊 But there's also about 75 or so.... That are just not as good either...
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 82
Original post by Realitysreflexx
There's plently of uni's that are are better, about 10 in the UK i can definitely point to and say... Yeah they're better... Then about 20-30 that are on a level playing field. Bath is imo in the latter not the former. 😊

Meh....you're entitled to your opinion
Bath is extremely highly rated in the Engineering, Sciences and Social Sciences. It is one of the best in the UK. It is set up for those subjects and doesnt offer humanities. What do you base your views n. It certainly isnt fact. Bath is 12th in entry standards as against Nottingham which is 31st.
Original post by swanseajack1
Bath is extremely highly rated in the Engineering, Sciences and Social Sciences. It is one of the best in the UK. It is set up for those subjects and doesnt offer humanities. What do you base your views n. It certainly isnt fact. Bath is 12th in entry standards as against Nottingham which is 31st.

Pls do attend Bath in your next life 😴😂😂. You really do more work then people paid to care there. At least i have a connection of a degree.
There's a difference between your and you're and it's one you don't seem to know.
Original post by jackien1
There's a difference between your and you're and it's one you don't seem to know.

Who are you referring to?
Yawn 😴😴😴 what were you going to add constructively here... You've proven nothing either way... Just alot of moaning. 😂 😂

This is further proof that you disregard anything that doesn't fit your viewpoint.
This is further proof that you disregard anything that doesn't fit your viewpoint.

Yeah ehrrm i don't take advice from user's with names that sound like knock off nike airmaxes 😂. Your opinion is highly irrelevant.
Yeah ehrrm i don't take advice from user's with names that sound like knock off nike airmaxes 😂. Your opinion is highly irrelevant.

You are just proving my point even more. I would recommend you just stop replying to people with comments like "your opinion is highly irrelevant". It really doesn't help.
You are just proving my point even more. I would recommend you just stop replying to people with comments like "your opinion is highly irrelevant". It really doesn't help.

Just another A leveler who thinks he's clever. How about you getting into Nottingham or Bath or similar and then we can chat.
Just another A leveler who thinks he's clever. How about you getting into Nottingham or Bath or similar and then we can chat.

I got offers from Durham, St Andrews, Bath, and York. I have firmed St Andrews and have insured Bath.

You really need to stop insulting people that disagree with you. That is a very important lesson you should have learnt by now.

Please stop.
When people read this it just looks like you are blowing smoke.
I got offers from Durham, St Andrews, Bath, and York. I have firmed St Andrews and have insured Bath.

You really need to stop insulting people that disagree with you. That is a very important lesson you should have learnt by now.

Ahh so here it is, you have a personal interest... That was jaded because i didn't worship your insurance choice... That you feel so passionately about, likely because of the uncertainty of not knowing if you've done enough pre covid-19 to get into your firm.

Well i do sympathise with you and hope you get your place.
Original post by mnot
Please stop.
When people read this it just looks like you are blowing smoke.

😇😂😂 Bit of bants. But nice to see we found out the vested interest of the assailant mighty Bath is his insurance.
Ahh so here it is, you have a personal interest... That was jaded because i didn't worship your insurance choice... That you feel so passionately about, likely because of the uncertainty of not knowing if you've done enough pre covid-19 to get into your firm.

Well i do sympathise with you and hope you get your place.

Ummm... I don't feel passionate about Bath. I only put it down because the entry requirements were lower than the 2 choices I rejected.

I need AAB for both St Andrews and Bath. If I wasn't confident about getting into St Andrews, I wouldn't be confident about Bath either.

So basically, everything you just said is wrong.
Reply 96
UCL's below Imperial. I'm a fan :smug:
Reply 97
Now I've reduced you to a sentence without evidence or argument. Mission accomplished. Likely sitting there languishing in self doubt 🤷*♂️.

Don't worry you'll get a place and learn alot, clearly you have much yet to learn. 🤔😅😇

Jesus christ man take a break from your screen
Original post by Sinnoh
Jesus christ man take a break from your screen

😂😂😂😂 I need to remember using my breathing techniques 😂.
Reply 99
I've literally just analysed your motives, put them on a silver platter and shattered you. 😂

Calm down, you haven't done anything of the sort .....what are my "motives" for rating Bath if you're such a top Psychologist?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending