The Student Room Group

Year 10 and GCSE preparation

heyy,
i’ll be going into year 10 soon and just wanted some advice on how to get prepared and what to expect although anything about year 10 is welcomed!

thanks in advance x
The work will get overwhelming at times so remember to take some time off and don't put too much pressure on yourself but don't slack off. It is an important year. I'm in year 10 rn and we're being put under a lot of pressure due to our missed lessons so start as soon as possible. What subjects did you take?
Reply 2
Original post by SuperiorPotato
The work will get overwhelming at times so remember to take some time off and don't put too much pressure on yourself but don't slack off. It is an important year. I'm in year 10 rn and we're being put under a lot of pressure due to our missed lessons so start as soon as possible. What subjects did you take?

thanks for the information!
i took

spanish
computer science
engineering
geography
english lit
english lang
maths
rs
biology
chemistry
physics
Original post by b1nary
thanks for the information!
i took

spanish
computer science
engineering
geography
english lit
english lang
maths

rs
biology
chemistry
physics

Oh nice I took the highlighted subjects and am willing to help with any of those and you're in England right?
Reply 4
Oh nice I took the highlighted subjects and am willing to help with any of those and you're in England right?

cool! thank you very much 😄 and yes I am in England :smile:
Reply 5
hey! i answered one of your queries in a different thread (lol) but i can give you some more revision tips for english lit, english lang, all sciences, maths and rs if you want?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by b1nary
cool! thank you very much 😄 and yes I am in England :smile:

Oh ok if you ever need any help feel free to PM me :h:
Reply 7
Original post by 0603
hey! i answered one of your queries in a different thread (lol) but i can give you some more revision tips for english lit, english lang, all sciences, maths and rs if you want?

Hey, nice to see you again! And yes please :biggrin:
Reply 8
Oh ok if you ever need any help feel free to PM me :h:

Thank you :biggrin: I will do!
Original post by b1nary
Thank you :biggrin: I will do!

No problem :yeah:
Reply 10
Original post by b1nary
Hey, nice to see you again! And yes please :biggrin:

PM me when you need help :smile: !
Reply 11
Original post by 0603
PM me when you need help :smile: !

Thank you! 😄
Have any of use got a revision tips on English language I struggle wiv that subject it’s my weakness which isn’t good as I need to pass it :-|
Original post by Porcha.xo
Have any of use got a revision tips on English language I struggle wiv that subject it’s my weakness which isn’t good as I need to pass it :-|

I think English language is just making sure that you understand what the question is trying to ask. If you do the AQA exam board there are loads of great YouTube videos all about it! e.g.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8Q_sc2mkeY for something quite brief, Mr Salles English and Mr Bruff's channels on youtube are great for both English gcses :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest