The Student Room Group

My life is ******

I’m starting university in September and want to do so much stuff like reading, writing, practicing public speaking and working out but my sleep routine is totally ******. No matter what time I sleep at night, I wake up after 2 hours. Then I cannot sleep till around 12pm. Waking up at 6-7pm makes me so lazy(no surprise) and I end up wasting all the time I have. What do I do to fix that? I assume everything will fall into place once my sleeping schedule is good. I really want to sleep max by 4am and wake up at 12pm. Any advice please?
I also have a similar problem with my sleep (though not as extreme). It's basically just that your circadian rhythm has been thrown way off for some reason. There are some good resources that you can find by googling how to reset/change your circadian rhythm, but in any case it will take time and discipline.
I agree that fixing your sleep will probably do a lot of good for all of the other things in your life, so it makes sense to prioritise this.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I also have a similar problem with my sleep (though not as extreme). It's basically just that your circadian rhythm has been thrown way off for some reason. There are some good resources that you can find by googling how to reset/change your circadian rhythm, but in any case it will take time and discipline.
I agree that fixing your sleep will probably do a lot of good for all of the other things in your life, so it makes sense to prioritise this.

Thank you 🙏
I’m starting university in September and want to do so much stuff like reading, writing, practicing public speaking and working out but my sleep routine is totally f**ked. No matter what time I sleep at night, I wake up after 2 hours. Then I cannot sleep till around 12pm. Waking up at 6-7pm makes me so lazy(no surprise) and I end up wasting all the time I have. What do I do to fix that? I assume everything will fall into place once my sleeping schedule is good. I really want to sleep max by 4am and wake up at 12pm. Any advice please?

If you have really looked at all possible solutions, you should go to the gp and maybe they can help??
Reply 4
Original post by babushkac4
If you have really looked at all possible solutions, you should go to the gp and maybe they can help??

I think it’s just a bad sleep routine and could get better on it’s own. These days I’m on my bed all the time. I think I can work it out myself if I try hard. Thanks for the comment
I think it’s just a bad sleep routine and could get better on it’s own. These days I’m on my bed all the time. I think I can work it out myself if I try hard. Thanks for the comment

well thats good. And i really hope you can !!
First you really have to put yourself in a positive mindset, of you definetly can and will do this.
And then stick to a routine. And hopefully the repition helps and makes your brain remember bedtime, so you can actaully get a goodnights sleep.
Update us if it works x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending