The Student Room Group

Access to HE in midwifery

Could anyone please point me in the right direction of doing unit 6 please? The history of the NHS, everything I'm writing doesn't seem like it's relevant 😩
Thank you.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SammySam88
Could anyone please point me in the right direction of doing unit 6 please? The history of the NHS, everything I'm writing doesn't seem like it's relevant 😩
Thank you.

I have no idea. Can you post what the task is and any title?
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
I have no idea. Can you post what the task is and any title?

The title is The History of the National health service.
The tasks are:

You are required to produce an academic poster about the National Health Service (NHS) which incorporates the following:
An analysis of the factors that led to the creation of the NHS.
An explanation of how the NHS responds to the changing demands placed upon it.
An analysis of how changes to funding impact the NHS and how the introduction of market forces have attempted to make more effective use of funding.
Hi did you complete this? I'm about to start making the poster, there seems to be a lot of info for 1 poster!! Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Original post by RDCL2020
Hi did you complete this? I'm about to start making the poster, there seems to be a lot of info for 1 poster!! Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

You can do it over two pages! Or make it landscape! Try and make it flow like a timeline of events.
I see so all of the information needs to flow at the time it was happening?
At this minute I’ve just got a timeline at the top of the page with all information blocked off underneath into the different subsections which they gave.

Also grade did you get? I’m finding it hard to understand that difference between merit and distinction other than very good-excellent, which is very vague.

Thanks,
I really appreciate it!
I got a distinction, which is equivalent to an A! What you have so far sounds good but do your own research and try and not to just rely on information you’ve been given. Use images and information about the current NHS but make it all tie in together!
Ahh amazing! Well done!
Thank you.
I’ve backed up everything with references but mainly off the back of information they provided with some extra!
Now to link it to the timeline!
Thank you
Reply 8
im just doing this unit and really struggling, do u have any tips good sources of information?
Original post by gemmam08
im just doing this unit and really struggling, do u have any tips good sources of information?

If you private message me, I’ll help you 🙂
Original post by Ambalou93
I got a distinction, which is equivalent to an A! What you have so far sounds good but do your own research and try and not to just rely on information you’ve been given. Use images and information about the current NHS but make it all tie in together!

that's amazing that you got a distinction can you kindly point me in the right direction as to what I'm meant to be doing with this poster/ timeline..or maybe suggest how best to start.
kind regards
I'm currently doing this unit and i am confused aswell. nothing i seem to have researched seem to link to the question as our lecturer wants it in essay form and not to be separated to match the criteria
Reply 12
I'm also struggling with this, I have my timeline at the bottom of the page but really don't know what information to include for the bulk of the poster
Original post by emmaa93
I'm also struggling with this, I have my timeline at the bottom of the page but really don't know what information to include for the bulk of the poster

If you private message me, I’ll send you some info 😃
Thank you.

How did you get on with this? I am really really struggling!!Do you have any tips please x
Reply 15
This unit is driving me insane I’ve already written the next two but just can’t get into this one, can anyone give any info or help to get started, much appreciated if you can x
Original post by lucyel367
How did you get on with this? I am really really struggling!!Do you have any tips please x

Pm me and I’ll help you x
Hi, please can you help me too if you don’t mind 😊Thank you
Any help on this unit would be greatly appreciated, I have the timeline across the top which I’ve done from pre 1948 to current. I started it before 1948 to try and tie in with block of text about factors leading to creation of NHS but not sure I’m on the right lines with the other 2 sections 😬
Thank you.

@SammySam88
There is an excellent book by Naidoo & Wills called 'Health Studies' which you can usually find cheap on Ebay / amazon marketplace which will help you alot with your course. There is also a great documentary on YouTube called 'The NHS A Difficult Start' which will help flesh out the characters of Nye Bevan and Dr Charles Hill (the head of the BMA) for you. the first half hour will be useful to you

(I lecture in health studies btw on Access)

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending