The Student Room Group

Login issues

Hello! Sorry if this is in the wrong place but... I am on here by sheer luck and my computer remembering my previous login, frankly. I've tried to reset my password twice by email but I've not recieved it. This was on two different occasions. I also cannot reset my password from here because it asks for my old one. I am not sure what to do :frown:
Original post by emiloujess
Hello! Sorry if this is in the wrong place but... I am on here by sheer luck and my computer remembering my previous login, frankly. I've tried to reset my password twice by email but I've not recieved it. This was on two different occasions. I also cannot reset my password from here because it asks for my old one. I am not sure what to do :frown:

Perhaps raise this in a thread with the community staff https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=1215

I wouldn't log out to try this and hopefully you can sort it out properly but in the past ive done this on websites:
if your computer has remembered your password and pops up with the ************ typed into the password box, sometimes you can right click > inspect element then ctrl+F type password and look for code with "password" then you can edit this to "text" and then look back at the webpage and see if your password is now shown on the webpage.
Reply 2
Original post by mnot
Perhaps raise this in a thread with the community staff https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=1215

I wouldn't log out to try this and hopefully you can sort it out properly but in the past ive done this on websites:
if your computer has remembered your password and pops up with the ************ typed into the password box, sometimes you can right click > inspect element then ctrl+F type password and look for code with "password" then you can edit this to "text" and then look back at the webpage and see if your password is now shown on the webpage.

It didn't remember it, I was just sort of already logged in? I usually use Chrome, now I am on Edge. Can't access this account from anywhere else, logged out on ipad/phone. I don't know, I am just confused and feel bad for being away from TSR so long :frown:

And will do, thank you! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending