The Student Room Group

why won't he look at me

So whenever I'm out with my boyfriend and were walking around when he talks to me he rarely makes eye contact and just looks straight-ahead, when were just out in general he will do this as well just whenever were in public, even sitting on a bench. Why does he never really look at me ? is this normal
Original post by Anonymous
So whenever I'm out with my boyfriend and were walking around when he talks to me he rarely makes eye contact and just looks straight-ahead, when were just out in general he will do this as well just whenever were in public, even sitting on a bench. Why does he never really look at me ? is this normal

he could be embarrassed 🤷
or he is simply shy
(edited 3 years ago)
Have you two been a relationship for a long time?
Reply 3
Original post by ~•TIYA•TAKA
he could be embarrassed 🤷
or he is simply shy

I'm not sure what he would be embarrassed about. Yeah he could be shy although he is very talkative
I'm not sure what he would be embarrassed about. Yeah he could be shy although he is very talkative

when y'all aren't in public does he acts normally ?
Reply 5
Original post by learner38
Have you two been a relationship for a long time?

Not really but we have known each other a long time
Reply 6

sounds like me and many other people. but I have never had a gf so I wouldn't know. I can only look at a person in the eye if they tell me to, in which case, I can look forever because the process of telling me to do it makes it a platonic command instead of me having to tap into my emotions. those vile, disgusting, terrifying emotions 😱 if it isn't obvious, I am a big fan of suppressing my feelings. that's also probably why I don't have a gf. that, and because I am kookoo for cocoa puffs :biggrin:
Not really but we have known each other a long time

Then he could just be taking longer getting used to the whole relationship thing.
It's so annoying the way men do this even in serious relationships. I think it has to do with some people need to think whilst not looking at anything in particular...that probably doesn't help but I really dont think it's about you, it's just the way some guys are.
Reply 9
some How, I feel like that is definitely the answer 😂
It's so annoying the way men do this even in serious relationships. I think it has to do with some people need to think whilst not looking at anything in particular...that probably doesn't help but I really dont think it's about you, it's just the way some guys are.

if he's well educated or just got values he could think that staring in a long time in the eyes of someone (expecially the one they "love") is considered as being a creep so that he tries his hardest power to not look at you
Omg true :rofl3:
Reply 12
nope. 0 sarcasm was laced in that statement :smile: I genuinely think that this is the one reason any BF wouldn't look at their GF. how you managed to find out the perfect answer, so beautifully analogous to the one answer cosmologists search for, for years and still haven't found, I will never know! have a cookie tin. this has infinite cookies of all types. you have earnt the right to help yourself to cookies! your clear wisdom also permits you to the right of distributing them as well, however, this is not mandatory :smile: 🍱
aww that's sweet
I used to have a bad habit of not looking at anyone while we walked and talked. With hindsight they probably thought it was weird and rude but I didn't realise I was doing it!

eye contact is lowkey scary even if you're a talkative person, i'd say don't look too much into it if he's engaging in the convos. He might just find it easier speaking to you without looking into your eyes. But if you want him to acc maintain eye contact you might have to try to catching his eye more often till he gets used to it but avoid staring him down
What's he like when you're in private? Does he look at you then? My ex had asperger's and couldn't look me in the eye and it made the relationship feel a bit impersonal. If he's like that all the time he could have something like that, or just be shy or nervous. Why not ask him?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending