The Student Room Group

Module passing & failing

I am a second year biochemistry student and I have failed 1 module out of 6 do I still need to resit it or can I go to third year without passing it And just retake that module, with the COVID-19 situation too are resits at home too
Original post by Lubnabegum208
I am a second year biochemistry student and I have failed 1 module out of 6 do I still need to resit it or can I go to third year without passing it And just retake that module, with the COVID-19 situation too are resits at home too

Have you asked your university if each option (or both) is possible? You may have to pass the module before moving into third year.

Hey,

From what I know if you fail one module they normally let you resit the module during the summer holiday around July so that you can complete it for it to be remarked before you begin the next academic year. With the current situation there may be more options or other alternatives in place so try getting in-touch with your tutors to see what options you have.

Hope this helps.
Doreen-maria- Official Student Rep 😀
Okie dokie thank you
Original post by PhoenixFortune
Have you asked your university if each option (or both) is possible? You may have to pass the module before moving into third year.

Hi,
I’ve been in touch with uni tutors and they are taking so long to let us know I asked a few weeks back and they said they not decided yet but if they ain’t deciding quick enough it’s hard to get revision done Cos nothing is been set n okie dokie thanks for your help
Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Hey,

From what I know if you fail one module they normally let you resit the module during the summer holiday around July so that you can complete it for it to be remarked before you begin the next academic year. With the current situation there may be more options or other alternatives in place so try getting in-touch with your tutors to see what options you have.

Hope this helps.

Hi dorreen,
Yea resits are in place In August but with the COVID situation no one knows what’s going on and university isn’t in contact with us students as much so we don’t know where we are with things like the summer exams there was a few emails but no online contact at all they set exams and just left us to it hopefully they let us know soon thanks for your help x
Hi dorreen,
Yea resits are in place In August but with the COVID situation no one knows what’s going on and university isn’t in contact with us students as much so we don’t know where we are with things like the summer exams there was a few emails but no online contact at all they set exams and just left us to it hopefully they let us know soon thanks for your help x

Hey,

Thats tough on you guys, hope they get back to you guys and give you more details soon.

Goodluck,

Quick Reply

Latest