The Student Room Group

Did anyone do biology,psychology and geography for a levels?

How was the work load? Is geography hard?
Hi! I am currently doing geography, biology and English lit for A-level. I'm going into my second year of A-levels in September. Geography is my favourite subject I take because the content is so interesting. To answer your question 'is geography hard?' yes it is. Unfortunately at A-level all of them are hard, people say that the step up from GCSE to A-level in one of the biggest step ups. But, geography is enjoyable, and if you're willing to work at it, you can make it easier for yourself come exam time. You cover so many different aspects of geography including topics from both human and physical geography. It's so interesting! The work load was quite heavy I found, but not so much as biology.
Biology (as I'm sure you've heard from every other biology student ever) has A LOT of content. That's why it is absolutely vital to summarise summarise summarise and pay attention to your specification, it'll pin point exactly what you need to know and help you when completing summary notes, checking your revision etc.
I don't do psychology, but I have friends that do it, and from what I hear there are a lot of essays to it, but they all enjoy it nonetheless.

Hope this helped and good luck in making your decision!!
Original post by dandelions9
Hi! I am currently doing geography, biology and English lit for A-level. I'm going into my second year of A-levels in September. Geography is my favourite subject I take because the content is so interesting. To answer your question 'is geography hard?' yes it is. Unfortunately at A-level all of them are hard, people say that the step up from GCSE to A-level in one of the biggest step ups. But, geography is enjoyable, and if you're willing to work at it, you can make it easier for yourself come exam time. You cover so many different aspects of geography including topics from both human and physical geography. It's so interesting! The work load was quite heavy I found, but not so much as biology.
Biology (as I'm sure you've heard from every other biology student ever) has A LOT of content. That's why it is absolutely vital to summarise summarise summarise and pay attention to your specification, it'll pin point exactly what you need to know and help you when completing summary notes, checking your revision etc.
I don't do psychology, but I have friends that do it, and from what I hear there are a lot of essays to it, but they all enjoy it nonetheless.

Hope this helped and good luck in making your decision!!

Thank you that was very helpful :smile: Which board did you do for biology?
Original post by AK1606
Thank you that was very helpful :smile: Which board did you do for biology?

We did CCEA for biology
We did CCEA for biology

The sixth form I'm going to does ocr A. What board did you do for geography?
Original post by AK1606
The sixth form I'm going to does ocr A. What board did you do for geography?

Oh cool, well I study in NI so we do ccea for almost all of our subjects, so I do ccea for geography too lol. I think I heard that ocr were debating about what way they were going to be examining next Summer? You might wanna look into that if it'll be affecting you?
Oh cool, well I study in NI so we do ccea for almost all of our subjects, so I do ccea for geography too lol. I think I heard that ocr were debating about what way they were going to be examining next Summer? You might wanna look into that if it'll be affecting you?

Ahh I see. I never knew that thanks :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by username5322004
How was the work load? Is geography hard?

just make sure to stay on top of work and revise from the start of the year
Reply 8
omg I do these exact a levels 😂

Quick Reply

Latest