The Student Room Group

Emailed a teacher please help

Please help I don’t know what to do. I don’t know if anyone will even see this but I have been living in an emotionally abusive household for almost my whole life and I talked to my aunties about it and they told me not to tell anyone yet and to wait after CODVID to get help. I emailed my teacher anyway and I regret it so much because my mum is acting nice again but I know it’s just going to get worse. The people who deal with this in my school said they have to tell other people but it’s confidential. I don’t know what’s going to happen and I’m panicking because I also have an older brother and I don’t know what’s going to happen with him or my dad. I regret doing this so much and I feel so stupid for emailing because I could have just waited 4 years and move out when I’m 18 but now it’s gonna turn into a huge situation which is what me and my auntie didn’t want. Please help I don’t know what to do.
Original post by Anonymous
Please help I don’t know what to do. I don’t know if anyone will even see this but I have been living in an emotionally abusive household for almost my whole life and I talked to my aunties about it and they told me not to tell anyone yet and to wait after CODVID to get help. I emailed my teacher anyway and I regret it so much because my mum is acting nice again but I know it’s just going to get worse. The people who deal with this in my school said they have to tell other people but it’s confidential. I don’t know what’s going to happen and I’m panicking because I also have an older brother and I don’t know what’s going to happen with him or my dad. I regret doing this so much and I feel so stupid for emailing because I could have just waited 4 years and move out when I’m 18 but now it’s gonna turn into a huge situation which is what me and my auntie didn’t want. Please help I don’t know what to do.

I know it's scary, but you definitely did the right thing. 4 years is a long time to be constantly surrounded by emotional abuse. Your school will be with you and tell you what wll happen and why. Anything that does happen would be in the best interests of you and your sibling.
Reply 2
It’s actually more like 10 years but I just feel so stupid because now it’s gonna turn into a huge situation when I could have just waited another 4 and it would have been over.

It’s actually more like 10 years but I just feel so stupid because now it’s gonna turn into a huge situation when I could have just waited another 4 and it would have been over.

:hugs: You did the right thing and you should not have to wait to have an abusive situation dealth with. I'm proud of you for being so courageous and speaking out. I was in two emotionally abusive relationships (so a slightly different situation) and I still feel the impact of that to this day. You are brave, you are courageous, you are wonderful, and you did the right thing - never, ever forget that!
Reply 4
:hugs: You did the right thing and you should not have to wait to have an abusive situation dealth with. I'm proud of you for being so courageous and speaking out. I was in two emotionally abusive relationships (so a slightly different situation) and I still feel the impact of that to this day. You are brave, you are courageous, you are wonderful, and you did the right thing - never, ever forget that!

Thank you so much :smile: you seem so nice you didn’t deserve to be in those relationships you deserve so much better than them stay safe
It may not be huge. Your teacher should try and chat to you before anything huge happens... sometimes you just need to talk it out and have a bit of help wit the communication. I really felt that my mum was abusive when I was that age, I was very emotional and stressed, but as I look back I think she just wanted the best for me and went about it the wrong way!! Letting her know how very miserable I was worked out for the best in the end. You did a brave thing, you obviously need and deserve a little help, but it doesn't have to be huge and awful. But - if what you're dealing with now really is huge and awful, you shouldn't have to bear it for another 4 years ... that's a long time. So try not to worry too much tonight and see how things pan out. Reaching out to your teacher was very brave and it sounds like the right step... even though its a bit scary once you've pressed send! Sending best wishes.
Thank you so much :smile: you seem so nice you didn’t deserve to be in those relationships you deserve so much better than them stay safe

Cheers - both of them were a while ago now, the last one ended February last year. I only realised two weeks ago how abusive it was and it's hit me like a truck not gonna lie. :frown: But I'm also rebuilding and putting myself first for once and that's why I am so glad you did that in this situation.

Quick Reply

Latest