The Student Room Group

Cambridge Chemistry Challenge 2020 - C3L6

My school decided that they're gonna do the C3L6 this year, I'm aiming for silver or gold, does anyone have any tips on how to prepare?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I sat the paper a few days ago and all I can say is to use the past papers on the website.
Original post by Emma6437
I sat the paper a few days ago and all I can say is to use the past papers on the website.

Was it hard?
Reply 3
its really tough only managed to do few questions many questions don't understand, very hard. not even learned it.
Original post by Carismaw
its really tough only managed to do few questions many questions don't understand, very hard. not even learned it.

The point is that we shouldn't have learnt everything on that paper, but with some high reasoning and logic it technically is all accessible, as students do achieve close to full marks each year. I totally get you though, it did sometimes not make sense to have a clear link to anything we may have studied, but that is why it's called a challenge and there are always ways to figure it out.
I’ve heard that Some schools are self marking. This seems weird is it the same with u guys?
I just did it today btw. Thoughts on that isomer question I found it very hard
Reply 7
Original post by HiggsBroson
I just did it today btw. Thoughts on that isomer question I found it very hard

same! it was quite difficult. What did you get?
Original post by Nihaalxx
same! it was quite difficult. What did you get?

How did you do the exam today? I though you could only do it up to June 21st as it says on the website.
Reply 9
I’m pretty sure the teachers are supposed to mark it and then send the scores over 50% off to Cambridge
Reply 10
Are any of you guys sitting it at home (because of Covid-19) or is everyone sitting it at school?
(edited 3 years ago)
Has everyone done it now? If so can we discuss questions?
Original post by HiggsBroson
Has everyone done it now? If so can we discuss questions?

It says June 21st on the website
Does anyone have a copy of the paper?
Original post by Nihaalxx
same! it was quite difficult. What did you get

would u mind helping me pleaseee i’m doing it
It looks like not everyone has sat the paper yet so I think it’s best if we hold off on discussing answers. However, feel free to message me privately. Let’s make sure that everyone has a fair shot at the paper.
hey guys , how did you do ? Was that easy or hard?
Original post by A-level1
hey guys , how did you do ? Was that easy or hard?

It would be cheating to discuss as you dont onow if some people are lying if theyve done it or not, also its risky. Guys u think we gonna doing 2019 paper for end of year 12 mocks
Original post by Carismaw
It would be cheating to discuss as you dont onow if some people are lying if theyve done it or not, also its risky. Guys u think we gonna doing 2019 paper for end of year 12 mocks

everyone has done it by now

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending