The Student Room Group

History coursework

I'm currently just starting my coursework, the question is: Within the context of the years 1865-1984, how important was Martin Luther King in the pursuit of black civil rights in America?
If you know any primary sources that could be relevant for answering this question that would be so useful. Specifically, sources that talk about the importance of other key individuals, women leadership and grassroots organisations. Sources that also talk about the Harlem Renaissance would be great. Also, primary sources have to argue that MLKs importance was overplayed
(edited 3 years ago)
Hi, sorry to be a pain, but we’ve just started our coursework too and on the Tudors (AQA) and I have NO idea how the structure works. Could you please explain the bit about contrasting two modern historians’ views if you understand it please? :frown: also good luck! x
Original post by Anonymousamie
Hi, sorry to be a pain, but we’ve just started our coursework too and on the Tudors (AQA) and I have NO idea how the structure works. Could you please explain the bit about contrasting two modern historians’ views if you understand it please? :frown: also good luck! x

The structure should be like a normal essay an introduction, your main points and conclusion. I dont understand it that well because I have too many historians I need to mention for each of my factors so I dont know if I need to focus in two in each factor or in the whole essay - I suggest asking your teacher about it. What part are you having trouble understanding?
Original post by PetitePanda
The structure should be like a normal essay an introduction, your main points and conclusion. I dont understand it that well because I have too many historians I need to mention for each of my factors so I dont know if I need to focus in two in each factor or in the whole essay - I suggest asking your teacher about it. What part are you having trouble understanding?

Thank you and I’m stuck on exactly the same thing! The primary sources are fine, but I read the spec which said we have to compare two academic historians throughout, but I can’t seem to find two who cover every single Tudor rebellion? So say for the Pilgrimage of Grace, I can compare Elton and Bush, but they haven’t covered the Northern Rebellion, so for that I have only found Fletcher and MacCulloch. I’m not sure if we lose marks for not consistently comparing just two historians :frown:
Original post by Anonymousamie
Thank you and I’m stuck on exactly the same thing! The primary sources are fine, but I read the spec which said we have to compare two academic historians throughout, but I can’t seem to find two who cover every single Tudor rebellion? So say for the Pilgrimage of Grace, I can compare Elton and Bush, but they haven’t covered the Northern Rebellion, so for that I have only found Fletcher and MacCulloch. I’m not sure if we lose marks for not consistently comparing just two historians :frown:

I suggest asking your teacher because they will have experience of this happening. It would be hard to find one that does tbh for every single rebellion.
Reply 6
Original post by esmewesmey
I'm currently just starting my coursework, the question is: Within the context of the years 1865-1984, how important was Martin Luther King in the pursuit of black civil rights in America?
If you know any primary sources that could be relevant for answering this question that would be so useful. Specifically, sources that talk about the importance of other key individuals, women leadership and grassroots organisations. Sources that also talk about the Harlem Renaissance would be great. Also, primary sources have to argue that MLKs importance was overplayed

This is perfect thank you so much

Quick Reply

Latest